HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

LA 1 round pick

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-17-2008, 06:13 PM
  #1
Ha Ha 11
 
Ha Ha 11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
LA 1 round pick

If they trade their 1 round pick in 09 what do u think they can get with it. They wont trade it but if they did what do u think u can get with it if its the 1 overall pick.

Ha Ha 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 06:17 PM
  #2
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey
 
Pierre Dagenais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,136
vCash: 500
Stamkos

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 06:24 PM
  #3
MxK1NGS
Registered User
 
MxK1NGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 2,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Stamkos
DEPENDS ON WHAT STAMKOS DOES THIS YEAR
AND IT ALSO DEPENDS ON HOW THE KINGS DO THIS YEAR

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 06:42 PM
  #4
Haik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,222
vCash: 500
I didn't know we had the 1st overall pick already.

Haik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 06:46 PM
  #5
Defgarden
Registered User
 
Defgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Loma Linda, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
Hedman.

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 06:56 PM
  #6
britdevil
Tea with milk...
 
britdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Internets.
Posts: 18,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik View Post
I didn't know we had the 1st overall pick already.
666 posts. Creepy...

britdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 08:19 PM
  #7
Creeping Death
Registered User
 
Creeping Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 180
vCash: 500
If TB offered Stamkos, Id take that deal and run giggling.

Creeping Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 09:53 PM
  #8
MxK1NGS
Registered User
 
MxK1NGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 2,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik View Post
I didn't know we had the 1st overall pick already.
WE DON'T that is why I said we have to wait how the kings do this year!!!


MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 09:56 PM
  #9
MxK1NGS
Registered User
 
MxK1NGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 2,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
If TB offered Stamkos, Id take that deal and run giggling.
Then again would if Stamkos does amazing??
well anyways I really think the kings wouldn't do that because they are after hedman or tavares who are both said to be better than stamkos

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 10:03 PM
  #10
Kingler
 
Kingler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 845
vCash: 500
If it is the 1st overall pick then we should get an all-star in return. But if we get an all-star in return, the pick would not be 1st overall.

The Kings would negotiate as if the pick would be 1st overall. But if the Kings get good value in return, the pick becomes less valuable and, knowing this, no one would offer 1st overall value for it. Therefore, the pick is almost untradable. Confusing isn't it?

Kingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 10:04 PM
  #11
Airborne Troll*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,862
vCash: 500
Vermette, Gerber, Foligno, 2nd

Airborne Troll* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2008, 10:26 PM
  #12
JoeHockey
 
JoeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
Send your first to EDM and we'll double it and give you a 2nd in return.

JoeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 04:02 AM
  #13
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Hockey View Post
Then again would if Stamkos does amazing??
well anyways I really think the kings wouldn't do that because they are after hedman or tavares who are both said to be better than stamkos
Actually...it was said that if Tavares came out of this past years draft that Stamkos would still be the first overall pick. Not too sure how Hedman would fair, but I think it would be a toss up for the team picking number 1. Would just depend what they would need...center or defense.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 07:09 AM
  #14
SFD22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Simcoe, Ontario
Posts: 208
vCash: 500
For fun -

TO TOR: L.A. 1st round pick + Hickey + O'Sullivan + some random goalie

TO L.A.: Toskala + Kaberle + Steen or Stajan

SFD22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 08:27 AM
  #15
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 15,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFD22 View Post
For fun -

TO TOR: L.A. 1st round pick + Hickey + O'Sullivan + some random goalie

TO L.A.: Toskala + Kaberle + Steen or Stajan
Fun for who?

LA would be nuts to move their 1st rounder, wherever it winds up being.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 09:07 AM
  #16
LombardiTool
Registered User
 
LombardiTool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fontana, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFD22 View Post
For fun -

TO TOR: L.A. 1st round pick + Hickey + O'Sullivan + some random goalie

TO L.A.: Toskala + Kaberle + Steen or Stajan
Not sure if you over value Maple, Leafs, under value Kings or are being sarcastic. Either way, this deal sucks out loud.

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 09:11 AM
  #17
teal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frolovfan View Post
Not sure if you over value Maple, Leafs, under value Kings or are being sarcastic. Either way, this deal sucks out loud.
how does that deal suck out loud? toskala and kaberle are legit number ones in their respective positions and your first and hickey are unknowns, which more than makes up for the difference between osullivan and steen/stajan

teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 09:25 AM
  #18
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,551
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by teal View Post
how does that deal suck out loud? toskala and kaberle are legit number ones in their respective positions and your first and hickey are unknowns, which more than makes up for the difference between osullivan and steen/stajan
That is the kind of deal that is made for a team that's looking to challenge for the Cup. The Kings are not that team. They are rebuilding. Toronto is starting to re-build. You're not going to get assets like those from a rebuilding team to help your rebuild. Go look elsewhere.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 10:53 AM
  #19
ReggieD
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 42
vCash: 500
The won't get much since it will be the last pick of the 1st round.

ReggieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 12:24 PM
  #20
teal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
That is the kind of deal that is made for a team that's looking to challenge for the Cup. The Kings are not that team. They are rebuilding. Toronto is starting to re-build. You're not going to get assets like those from a rebuilding team to help your rebuild. Go look elsewhere.
fair enough, but the value is there... and i'm not a fan of either of these teams, btw.

the "rebuilding" thing has to stop at some point... tell me that if this trade went down, the kings wouldn't be a competitive team... brown, frolov, kopitar, kaberle and toskala a solid group of players

teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 12:47 PM
  #21
Brian28
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by teal View Post
fair enough, but the value is there... and i'm not a fan of either of these teams, btw.

the "rebuilding" thing has to stop at some point... tell me that if this trade went down, the kings wouldn't be a competitive team... brown, frolov, kopitar, kaberle and toskala a solid group of players
LA is rebuilding through the draft. As such the value isn't there. If LA stopped the rebuild now and wanted to compete and win then the value is there as players are >> 1st round pick. When building through the draft 1st pick >> players unless those players are highly ranked prospects.

It's not about value on paper it's about value to the respective teams and the position they are currently in.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 12:50 PM
  #22
NotBad*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,728
vCash: 500
How many years is LA rebuilding for?

NotBad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 12:59 PM
  #23
teal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
LA is rebuilding through the draft. As such the value isn't there. If LA stopped the rebuild now and wanted to compete and win then the value is there as players are >> 1st round pick. When building through the draft 1st pick >> players unless those players are highly ranked prospects.

It's not about value on paper it's about value to the respective teams and the position they are currently in.
yes.. but my point is, the rebuild has to stop at some point. and i think that LA actually does have the pieces to do that right now, and if they were to do that trade they would be very competitive.

teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 01:21 PM
  #24
rajuabju
Registered User
 
rajuabju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBad View Post
How many years is LA rebuilding for?
Forever, and ever.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2008, 04:26 PM
  #25
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,551
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by teal View Post
fair enough, but the value is there... and i'm not a fan of either of these teams, btw.

the "rebuilding" thing has to stop at some point... tell me that if this trade went down, the kings wouldn't be a competitive team... brown, frolov, kopitar, kaberle and toskala a solid group of players
In the Pacific divison that's still not enough to get them over the rest of the teams. imo. The Kings have only been rebuilding for 3 years, the time Lombardi has been here. Forget what happened during the Taylor regime. Most rebuilds take 5 years, so come back and say the rebuild needs to end in 2 years time.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.