HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Quennville Fired

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2004, 10:46 PM
TimothyR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike
If not Keenan, how about that Pheonix coach? He needs a job...
Kitchen signed a multi-year contract. So I guess that answers the coaching question -- at least for the rest of this season.

Old
02-24-2004, 11:50 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
I am calm and was when I typed it. I chose my words very carefully; couldn't you tell?

To suggest Keenan come back to the Blues is like threatening to sodomize somebody's mama with the business end of a rake. It's taboo and rightfully so, which is why I chose profanities in place of my normal type of response.
I understand completely, the more I read of that guys posts he is simply trolling when he posts here.

Old
02-24-2004, 11:51 PM
jedicujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbar
Do you guys recommend Quenneville as a good coach for a young team like the Panthers? I'm very intrigued with the idea of hiring him to work with young players like Bouwmeester, Horton, Stewart, ect... he seems like the perfect coach for us and IMO I think Dudley has liked Q's developing program ever since he was an assistant in Colorado.
I've got mixed feelings about Q.

As far as his development skills go, that's tough; he never really had anything to work with in his years with the Blues (how many first-round picks did the Blues have while he was there? Three?). I can't really say, maybe someone else can.

Sometimes I got the impression he didn't know what he was doing, other times he seemed to make something out of nothing. Granted, the flux of players joining and leaving the team has got to place some strain on the coach (that's all Pleau, of course, and Laurie needs to kick him to the street as well if the Blues don't pull something out of their ***** in the last 20 games. In fact, I don't think firing Quenneville alone solves the problem. Either you cut the whole staff loose, or you don't do anything).

Is English Quenneville's first language? Just curious. He's not very articulate...

I hate to see him go, but I'm glad he's gone at the same time. If that makes sense.

Old
02-24-2004, 11:53 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff962b
As has Pavol....
I know you are a big fan of his and I dont question his skill he is the most skilled forward we have on this team. Where he falls short in my opinion is in his physical play. I am not asking him to fight or even throw his body around a lot. What I woould like to see him do more of is compete in the traffic areas and help out along the wall and be stronger on the puck.

Old
02-25-2004, 12:39 AM
King of Stankonia

Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
Quote:
**** NO! Damn blasphemers! Iron Mike hasn't done squat in the last 10 seasons as a coach; why would anyone want him, let alone the Blues? **** that ****.
Wow. I think that's the first time I've ever seen censorship marks appearing in one of you posts Lappy. Although I agree whole-heartedly.

Old
02-25-2004, 12:53 AM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubina_Fan
Wow. I think that's the first time I've ever seen censorship marks appearing in one of you posts Lappy. Although I agree whole-heartedly.
I am the king of censored posts, I dont think I could talk without using foul language.

Old
02-25-2004, 02:14 AM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
I am the king of censored posts, I dont think I could talk without using foul language.
You might not believe it, but I'm extremely vulgar in-person. I love profanities. I just never found much use for typing them in the midst of hockey discussions. Here, it seems to cause problems without adding any of the humor that profanities can bring in normal conversation at times; so, I just stay away from them.

Old
02-25-2004, 03:17 AM
c-carp

Quote:
You might not believe it, but I'm extremely vulgar in-person. I love profanities. I just never found much use for typing them in the midst of hockey discussions. Here, it seems to cause problems without adding any of the humor that profanities can bring in normal conversation at times; so, I just stay away from them.
Its not something think about everyone I grew up around talked like sailors so its just natural for me.

Closed Thread