HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Get Quenville here now!!!!!

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2004, 04:38 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Get Quenville here now!!!!!

sportsnet.ca says hes sacked.

Old
02-24-2004, 04:42 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather
sportsnet.ca says hes sacked.
these things usually happen in 3's now it is sathers turn!!!!!!!!

Old
02-24-2004, 05:14 PM
Laches

Yes, really, for once, when a decent coach become available, can we hire him? We missed out on guys from Crawford to Hartley to Hitchcock to Sutter (Darryl, that is). The man is a good coach, sign him up.

Old
02-24-2004, 05:25 PM
Larry Melnyk

Why do we want a good coach NOW?....This season needs to end in the biggest disgrace possible..That means Sather as coach...It's the best way to ensure the best possible draft pick and possibly Sather's ouster..

Old
02-24-2004, 05:32 PM
Laches

Yeah, I know what you mean, Larry. I'm kinda torn to be honest. On the one hand, like you said, the season has to end in disaster to ensure Sather's departure. On the other hand, the thought of, once again, seeing the Rangers sitting around with their thumbs in their rectal cavities while the best coaching candidates get hired by other teams leaving us with only scraps to choose from is nauseating. As usual, I guess we're effed either way.

Old
02-24-2004, 06:12 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Why do we want a good coach NOW?....This season needs to end in the biggest disgrace possible..That means Sather as coach...It's the best way to ensure the best possible draft pick and possibly Sather's ouster..
sather will not finish the season as coach. renny will finish the season as coach. sather has it all worked out and if he isn't fired soon don't bet on him being fired after the season. this is what sather will do and the timeline

Thursdays game
rangers lose for the first time this season sather will acknowledge that the team is dead and the rangers will be sellers

Friday the rangers make a minor trade-mironov or barnaby gone for a picks or minor prospect.

this weekend rangers split win Saturday loss Sunday

March 1st sather says he needs to concentrate on the deals he is working on and would like to start personally scouting future draft picks steps down as coach and names renny head coach. what will be interesting and will leave things really up in the air is sather will not say either way if renney is the interim coach. A typical sather quote will be "tom knows his job the players know there job and tom will be the coach from now until we reevaluate things after the season. Interim is a media word but i never call somebody that"
March 5- Rangers continue to lose the streak is now 3 in a row sather says people are calling him about messier while rumors will persist that leetch will not be traded while kovalev and nedved are both headed the wings.
march 6-ruchinsky is traded to vancouver for draft pick
Sather says ruchinksy was a good pickup but the team needed to move on
march 8th-rangers trade kovalev and nedved to detroit for a package that includes hudler and a 1st round pick
March 9th-simon is traded to ottawa for nothing. Dunham goes to the avs. leetch and messier get traded to Dallas or toronto. the package the rangers get back includes a top prospect and a number one pick.
sather thanks himself and looks forward to the future of the team.

Don't you guys see what sather is doing here. He is going to sell this year as a stepping stone for the future of the team to Dolan. Dolan will openly praise sather as a great GM who cut payroll when the team wasn't doing well and the rangers have such a bright future with him as GM.

Old
02-24-2004, 06:33 PM
Burberry Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
sather will not finish the season as coach. renny will finish the season as coach. sather has it all worked out and if he isn't fired soon don't bet on him being fired after the season. this is what sather will do and the timeline

Thursdays game
rangers lose for the first time this season sather will acknowledge that the team is dead and the rangers will be sellers

Friday the rangers make a minor trade-mironov or barnaby gone for a picks or minor prospect.

March 1st sather says he needs to concentrate on the deals he is working on and would like to start personally scouting future draft picks steps down as coach and names renny head coach. what will be interesting and will leave things really up in the air is sather will not say either way if renney is the interim coach. A typical sather quote will be "tom knows his job the players know there job and tom will be the coach from now until we reevaluate things after the season. Interim is a media word but i never call somebody that"
March 5- Rangers continue to lose the streak is now 3 in a row sather says people are calling him about messier while rumors will persist that leetch will not be traded while kovalev and nedved are both headed the wings.
march 8th-rangers trade kovalev and nedved to detroit for a package that includes hudler and a 1st round pick
March 9th-simon is traded to ottawa for nothing. Dunham goes to the avs. leetch and messier get traded to Dallas or toronto. the package the rangers get back includes a top prospect and a number one pick.

Don't you guys see what sather is doing here. He is going to sell this year as a stepping stone for the future of the team to Dolan. Dolan will openly praise sather as a great GM who cut payroll when the team wasn't doing well and the rangers have such a bright future with him as GM.
Damn ARod looks good in that Yankee cap.

Anyway, I think your right. Glen will "do the right thing" and gut the team, and he will try to use it as an excuse to grant him more time, BUT I dont think the media or the fan's will be fooled. They will still call for Glen's head and I do believe that Sather will not be the General Manager of the New York hockey Rangers going into the next season of ice hockey play. Smith couldn't survive it, and with the five years he has been given, neither will Sather. There is no way around the fact that Glen could have done 5 years ago what he is about to do now, and have saved the franchise a half-decade of rebuilding.

But damn ARod is going to look nice at the hot corner in the Bronx.
Lofton,Jeter,ARod,Giambi,Sheffield,Posada, Bernie, Matsui, Wilson

Old
02-24-2004, 06:35 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
But don't forget just how ****ing stupid Dolan is. Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

Old
02-24-2004, 07:30 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laches
Yes, really, for once, when a decent coach become available, can we hire him? We missed out on guys from Crawford to Hartley to Hitchcock to Sutter (Darryl, that is). The man is a good coach, sign him up.
True 'Dat. Q is a very good coach. His teams ALWAYS play hard and ALWAYS play well defensively no matter who is in goal. Under Q, Holik would once again become the menace that he was in NJ.
I've been beating the Q drum since last year. I would love to get the entire Blues duo of Q and Pleau.

Old
02-24-2004, 08:13 PM
nyr5186

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
True 'Dat. Q is a very good coach. His teams ALWAYS play hard and ALWAYS play well defensively no matter who is in goal. Under Q, Holik would once again become the menace that he was in NJ.
I've been beating the Q drum since last year. I would love to get the entire Blues duo of Q and Pleau.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Pleau an assistant GM under Smith back in the early 90's?

And I agree, bring these guys in. Pleau and Quenneville are good hockey minds and they both know how to win in today's NHL -- defense and hard work. Think of all the different players that have gone through St. Louis over the years. Its pretty amazing that they've been able to make the playoffs for like 20 straight years. They dont have a Cup to show for it, but at least it shows that the guys in charge of that team know how to adapt to their surroundings and think about the future just as much as the present.

Old
02-24-2004, 09:42 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Pleau an assistant GM under Smith back in the early 90's?

And I agree, bring these guys in. Pleau and Quenneville are good hockey minds and they both know how to win in today's NHL -- defense and hard work. Think of all the different players that have gone through St. Louis over the years. Its pretty amazing that they've been able to make the playoffs for like 20 straight years. They dont have a Cup to show for it, but at least it shows that the guys in charge of that team know how to adapt to their surroundings and think about the future just as much as the present.
Yep, exactly right. Pleau was hired out of the Rangers' organization. And we know that the Dolans are just going to be falling all over themselves to hire him and be forced to admit that Smith did something right.

However, if I'm the owner, I'd jump at either of them.

Old
02-25-2004, 06:28 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

i like quenville. look at what Q's done with st. louis these past few years. mostly with half of his team missing too. i'm not too hot about pleau though. he's made a lot of questionable trades (gusarov for smrek???) and has traded a lot st. louis' youth away for not very much in return. the demitra coup would be his only big + but i'd credit that one to the scout. weight for youth. tkachuk for youth. almost traded for richter but he got lucky there. granted he's getting good players but with our luck we'll get adam oates, doug gilmour, and igor larionov. st. louis has brought up a lot of players from within though...

Hestitant is the word i'm looking for.

Old
02-25-2004, 08:29 AM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner

Thursdays game

Wow..pretty close prediction so far!

Old
02-25-2004, 08:57 AM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

I've only had a chance to skim through this thread so forgive me if I end up reiterating an opinion/hope that has already been covered.

I have no hope for this season and rather than signing Quenville right now (who I like) I want to wait until the season ends (as in the day after our last game) to sign him up. I also hope/pray/beg that Sather gets canned and we bring in a real GM (maybe Pleau) at the end of the season as well. That way we'll have totally new management to make roster decisions (which could require a lot of work if the anticipated deadline firesale goes off). They should have time to formulate a plan on just how to make the team contenders again as well evaluate our position and needs for the draft.

The biggest issue to me is getting Sather as far away from the organization as possible as my previous parragraph is entirely moot without that prerequisite. I don't really believe in prayer but I'll be giving it a shot over the next few months.

Old
02-25-2004, 09:35 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney
I've only had a chance to skim through this thread so forgive me if I end up reiterating an opinion/hope that has already been covered.

I have no hope for this season and rather than signing Quenville right now (who I like) I want to wait until the season ends (as in the day after our last game) to sign him up. I also hope/pray/beg that Sather gets canned and we bring in a real GM (maybe Pleau) at the end of the season as well. That way we'll have totally new management to make roster decisions (which could require a lot of work if the anticipated deadline firesale goes off). They should have time to formulate a plan on just how to make the team contenders again as well evaluate our position and needs for the draft.

The biggest issue to me is getting Sather as far away from the organization as possible as my previous parragraph is entirely moot without that prerequisite. I don't really believe in prayer but I'll be giving it a shot over the next few months.
If you're going to fire Sather, you don't hire the new head coach before you hire the new GM. A GM would want to hire his own head coach.

Old
02-25-2004, 10:15 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Larry Brooks was just on the FAN and he says he does not believe that Q will be here because he will get a better offer somewhere else. That says a lot right there.

02-25-2004, 10:21 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Larry Brooks was just on the FAN and he says he does not believe that Q will be here because he will get a better offer somewhere else. That says a lot right there.
Teams that will be looking for a new head coach for next season:

Panthers
Rangers
Blues
Coyotes
Blue Jackets

Others possibilities include:

Oilers
Penguins
Sabres
Stars

Old
02-25-2004, 10:33 AM
JR#9*

I really like Quennville and think he is one of the better coaches in the NHL and certainly the best available at this point in time and I really don't see any of the other better coaches getting canned this summer so I don't see much better choices being available then either.

Old
02-25-2004, 11:12 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Teams that will be looking for a new head coach for next season:

Panthers
Rangers
Blues
Coyotes
Blue Jackets

Others possibilities include:

Oilers
Penguins
Sabres
Stars
And the Panthers and Blue Jackets are better jobs.

Old
02-25-2004, 11:15 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quenneville won't do a lick of good unless Sather's gone. Quenneville, to a great degree, was let go, not because of any coaching deficiencies, but because he didn't have the players he needed to play the system he prefers. Those same problems would exist in New York if Sather is still around.

Closed Thread