HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chipchura

Old
09-14-2008, 11:00 AM
BulldogFever

vCash: 500
The future of the Habs - 3rd & 4th lines

Chipchura, Latendresse, Lapierre, Sergei Kostitsyn, Begin , Kostopoulos, Dandy etc... 3rd and 4th liners AT BEST!!!
Dandenault,Begin & Kosto - they have almost no future in Montreal. They're all great guys, they play their hearts out but this will be their last year ( if they even make it through the year)
Sergei K. 3rd liner with a ceiling on the 2nd line. He's fast,tough, great vision, understands the game, however not a great finisher & lanky.
Chipchura will be the 4th line center out of camp - exactly were he was last year.
Leadership skills, physical, he can fight but...not a top scorer & slow
Lapierre will be the 4th line winger. Fast, Spit disturber, Special teams but....not a top scorer, doesn't fight
Latendresse - THE MOST OVERRATED PLAYER ON THIS BOARD AND ON THE TEAM IN THE LAST 5 YEARS a career 3rd liner. I like him but ... he's slow, he doesn't play physical and he can't fight - until you play better. His 16 goals only come when he's playing with Koivu and he tips it in.

BulldogFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 11:11 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl_felix View Post

Is it a picture of Sundin when he learned the trade made by Gainey ? - Why i didn't say yes ?

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogFever View Post
Chipchura, Latendresse, Lapierre, Sergei Kostitsyn, Begin , Kostopoulos, Dandy etc... 3rd and 4th liners AT BEST!!!
Dandenault,Begin & Kosto - they have almost no future in Montreal. They're all great guys, they play their hearts out but this will be their last year ( if they even make it through the year)
Sergei K. 3rd liner with a ceiling on the 2nd line. He's fast,tough, great vision, understands the game, however not a great finisher & lanky.
Chipchura will be the 4th line center out of camp - exactly were he was last year.
Lapierre will be the 4th line winger. Fast, Spit disturber, Special teams but....not a top scorer, doesn't fight
Latendresse - THE MOST OVERRATED PLAYER ON THIS BOARD AND ON THE TEAM IN THE LAST 5 YEARS a career 3rd liner. I like him but ... he's slow, he doesn't play physical and he can't fight - until you play better. His 16 goals only come when he's playing with Koivu and he tips it in.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 11:14 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 11:19 AM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

Quote:

wow, just wow.

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 11:24 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:

Old
09-14-2008, 11:35 AM
mtl_felix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolutely View Post
I have a way for you.
If you are using FireFox, install this add-on:

Right-clic on the smiley, choose ******* Image, hit OK.

You will permanently cease seeing that image.
Obviously you can go back into the ******* config and undo.

*So* tempted to insert <Here to help> smiley here, but I won't
Thanks!

mtl_felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 11:55 AM
CanadienErrant*

Chipchura wil get his chance. He will compete against Lapierre for the fouth center spot, or will be one of the two extra forwards (if they can get rid of Dandenault). At worst, he will start in Hamilton and be called back during the season.

Next year, he will play at NHL level for sure, in Montreal or elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Begin and Kostopoulos won't just disappear
Next year, one of them or both will be gone in the UFA market.

So the Laraque-Lapierre-Chipchura line is probably more realistic for the 2009-2010 season.

Quote:
he is not overated. we all know that he is a third line player NOW. But he has potential to play on a top two lines if his skating improves - something he has worked on the whole summer. So give him a chance and give him a brake. He,s just 21.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 09-14-2008 at 01:51 PM.
CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolutely View Post
I have a way for you.
If you are using FireFox, install this add-on:

Right-clic on the smiley, choose ******* Image, hit OK.

You will permanently cease seeing that image.
Obviously you can go back into the ******* config and undo.

*So* tempted to insert <Here to help> smiley here, but I won't

i love you

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 01:15 PM
11Goat11
Inside her

Internal competition is never a bad thing. Chips and Laps fighting it out against each other for a spot is only good for the Habs. They are both part of our youth movement and will be with the team for years, including Lats who gets crapped on so much for a 21 year old kid with upside it's ridiculous.

Gainey drafted Chichura so he knows what kind of player he is projected to be and is following that path well. I have seen him play in Hamilton and he is a really smart player, and have no doubt he will become a regular in the NHL. He can work on his speed and faceoffs but he has good hockey sense which is hard to teach.

Ulimately there's always a few injuries during the year so there will be enough room for everyone except Dandy.

11Goat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
To heck with Chipchura.....if he was ready to be on the team, he would have a roster spot regardless of who the team picks up or signs. The truth is, Chipchura needs to work on a lot of things and he wouldn't have made the team anyways.
If the Habs wouldn't have go Lang, they likely would have brought Smokes back, since Gainey did say he was still in the picture unless they found someone better.

+ 89475894743589520348594387243789034

Chipchura = overrated
Highest Potential = Okay 3rd liner
Lowest Potential = Career AHLer

Which is a total waste of a 1st round pick IMO.

Enough said...

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 03:07 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
Lol, I love Erika, pisses so many people off, never changes opinion and yet you have a battalion of posters trying to. Good job Erika.
lol...me too...I'm the president of her fan club.

09-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post

Chipchura = overrated

Enough said...

Hope you'll be around when he makes you eat your words...

EDIT: Hey, the FireFox addon is working!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
lol...me too...I'm the president of her fan club.
i joined the "ignore poster" and "ignore stupid annoying emoticon" movments in her case

Old
09-14-2008, 03:18 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
Oh, so the 2 of you have met ? Cute little bugger isn't he ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
I don't really like the idea of an ignore lists, can't see my self filling it up. That said I have one person on it ;Erika Kostitsyn. Can we please make a rule that nobody quotes her, every one of her posts just get under my skin more then Sean Avery.
Well you and and anyone else that doesn't like it can add me to their ignore list as well. Since even though I might not agree with everything she says. I do find that her posts are interesting and do contain a lot of great points. So I'm going to continue to quote her if I see fit.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Well you and and anyone else that doesn't like it can add me to their ignore list as well. Since even though I might not agree with everything she says. I do find that her posts are interesting and do contain a lot of great points. So I'm going to continue to quote her if I see fit.
if you quote her h10h, please just remove the here for help emoticon for price's sake

Old
09-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
if you quote her h10h, please just remove the here for help emoticon for price's sake
lol..I'm old and lazy...but if I think about it at the time, I'll try too.

Old
09-14-2008, 03:33 PM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Oh, so the 2 of you have met ? Cute little bugger isn't he ?
You're back!

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 03:37 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
You're back!
a week away with my wife without any violence, very surprising.

Old
09-14-2008, 03:38 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post

Chipchura = overrated

Enough said...

no kidding, since you're completely off.

Kyle Chipchura at the 2006 WJC displayed the biggest leadership role in probably the last 20 years. He lead that team on and off the ice, started on the 4th line with pk time and ended up on the 2nd line pk and pp time. Did you ever see John Madden or Kris Draper, there are 2 players excel in the defensive part of the game and give there team a chance to win every game, that's the potential that chipper has. I really think that starting next year every day he's not with the big club it's wasted devolopment, he is ready and needs to learn at NHL speed.

And will you pelase stop with that teach emoticon, YOU ANNOY THE **** OUT OF EVREYONE WITH IT!

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post

Kyle Chipchura at the 2006 WJC displayed the biggest leadership role in probably the last 20 years. He lead that team on and off the ice, started on the 4th line with pk time and ended up on the 2nd line pk and pp time. Did you ever see John Madden or Kris Draper, there are 2 players excel in the defensive part of the game and give there team a chance to win every game, that's the potential that chipper has. I really think that starting next year every day he's not with the big club it's wasted devolopment, he is ready and needs to learn at NHL speed.

And will you pelase stop with that teach emoticon, YOU ANNOY THE **** OUT OF EVREYONE WITH IT!
well said

Old
09-14-2008, 03:53 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post

I like Chipchura. I wish he had a bit more jump in his stride, but I think he can be a good player and this should be the year he gets to show it. The problem is that he he's come along at the wrong time.

With all the analysis we've dobne of every word Gainey and whichever player says, we skipped over a comment Gainey made before the ufa season started.

It was something to the effect that the team has done well breaking in young players but at a point, you have to add quality veterans to play at the highest level.

In other words, enough with the kids. Chipchura will have to have a helluva camp. Personally, I think he got screwed to an extent last year,. He wasn't playing that poorly when sent down, and I'll be very curious to see how he compares wirth Lapierre in camp.

As to the teach emoticon, who cares, if someone likes to pull your chain with something that silly, and gets a reaction, who's the fool ?

The CH have a number of players that can go in different directions this year. S.Kost,Lats, Lapierre, Chipchura are all guys with little track record and their camp has to be good. Obviously, S.Kost is expected to progress, so should Lats, but you never know with young guys how much time it'll take.

We've seen these guys do good things, now it's a matter of seeing who can do them consistently.

Old
09-14-2008, 03:57 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I like Chipchura. I wish he had a bit more jump in his stride, but I think he can be a good player and this should be the year he gets to show it. The problem is that he he's come along at the wrong time.

With all the analysis we've dobne of every word Gainey and whichever player says, we skipped over a comment Gainey made before the ufa season started.

It was something to the effect that the team has done well breaking in young players but at a point, you have to add quality veterans to play at the highest level.

In other words, enough with the kids. Chipchura will have to have a helluva camp. Personally, I think he got screwed to an extent last year,. He wasn't playing that poorly when sent down, and I'll be very curious to see how he compares wirth Lapierre in camp.

As to the teach emoticon, who cares, if someone likes to pull your chain with something that silly, and gets a reaction, who's the fool ?

The CH have a number of players that can go in different directions this year. S.Kost,Lats, Lapierre, Chipchura are all guys with little track record and their camp has to be good. Obviously, S.Kost is expected to progress, so should Lats, but you never know with young guys how much time it'll take.

We've seen these guys do good things, now it's a matter of seeing who can do them consistently.
Excellent points mcphee, welcome back from your vacation. Glad you made it back in one piece.

Old
09-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Maxpac

Quote:

You'r right about all of it, but...

1.He's had his introduction to the NHL last season, there's no surprise this year, alot like Max Lappierre last year after he got called up

2.Kyler Chipchura ,(on the depth chart) is a better player then Bégin, Kostopoulos, Dandenault and Laraque, so there's no reason he should be under those guys, he brings more to the table then just energy, all that with potential aside.

I guess Mcphee we're all fools cause it irritates almost evreyone, not only because of the size and the image, but because Erika never helped the board in anyway possible, she just makes these bold comments without thinking, if it was you or Montreal who had that as a sig it would already be twice less annoying imo.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote