HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Scouts question

Old
09-22-2008, 05:27 AM
Oligarch55

vCash: 500
Scouts question

A friend of mine a hockey player. He is 20 years old and he wants to play hockey in North America, AHL or any other league. He was not drafted; hence he was wondering how he can try to get to North America from Europe? What he can do to make scouts see him?

I found this site
www.isshockey.com

Is that what I need? Can I make profile with him on this site, so scouts can see him?

What are the right steps?

Oligarch55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

If he was that good, they would of already found him years ago.

Is he in Russia?

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 11:50 AM
XweekendwarriorX

the best thing to try and do is get an agent pay him his money have him bring him over and get looked at. like the first guy said if he was good he would be scouted years ago.

XweekendwarriorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
If he was that good, they would of already found him years ago.

Is he in Russia?
Tell that to Hakan Andersson.

Old
09-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Oligarch55

Yes,he plays in Russia.
I don't now why he was not drafted...There are still a lot of good hockey players in Russia who were not drafted.
Who is Hakan Andersson?

Old
09-22-2008, 05:53 PM
PIMking

Alot of teams are shying away from Russian players. I would be suprised if Calgary ever drafts another russian player after taratukin. He left because he wasnt handed an NHL job and got more money in Russia. Seems to me that Russian players are more for the money. I also dont think that the Stanley Cup means that much to them.

PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Heat McManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oligarch55 View Post
A friend of mine a hockey player. He is 20 years old and he wants to play hockey in North America, AHL or any other league. He was not drafted; hence he was wondering how he can try to get to North America from Europe? What he can do to make scouts see him?

I found this site
www.isshockey.com

Is that what I need? Can I make profile with him on this site, so scouts can see him?

What are the right steps?
What level does he play at?

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 06:26 PM
Oligarch55

Right now he play in farm for one top team in CHL.
Training with major team.

Old
09-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Heat McManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oligarch55 View Post
Right now he play in farm for one top team in CHL.
Training with major team.
Kontinental Hockey League?

If he's lucky enough to have some other younger talented kids on the team then a scout or two might see him this year.

Other than that, his best option might be to try and get to the top team where he is. He's most likely 21 at the end of the season so he'll be too old for juniors.

Old
09-23-2008, 03:25 AM
RobertKron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakar Lajos View Post
Kontinental Hockey League?

If he's lucky enough to have some other younger talented kids on the team then a scout or two might see him this year.

Other than that, his best option might be to try and get to the top team where he is. He's most likely 21 at the end of the season so he'll be too old for juniors.
It's possible that people have already noticed him, but just assumed that he's not worth the "risk" associated with Russian players lately. I think more than "how do I get scouts to notice me," the question here is probably more along the lines of "how do I let minor league teams know I want to play in their league?"

Maybe he isn't so much wanting to come over to make the NHL, but wants to play pro hockey abroad, like a lot of minor leaguers from North America who head to Europe (granted, money is often an issue, but the opportunity to play in a new country is sometimes enticing, too.).

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 01:13 PM
Heat McManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW View Post
It's possible that people have already noticed him, but just assumed that he's not worth the "risk" associated with Russian players lately. I think more than "how do I get scouts to notice me," the question here is probably more along the lines of "how do I let minor league teams know I want to play in their league?"

Maybe he isn't so much wanting to come over to make the NHL, but wants to play pro hockey abroad, like a lot of minor leaguers from North America who head to Europe (granted, money is often an issue, but the opportunity to play in a new country is sometimes enticing, too.).

GOod points. Most minor leagues are going to pass on Europeans (and a lot of Canadians) unless they are signed on with an NHL team because of the hassle of visas and such.