HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

And The Blues Lose

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2004, 06:04 PM
lace-em'-up

vCash: 500
And The Blues Lose

there coach. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...74&hubName=nhl
i think they make some moves or something with the players aswell.

Old
02-24-2004, 06:12 PM
Bacon

How soon until the Quenneville to the Rangers rumours start?

Old
02-24-2004, 06:18 PM
lace-em'-up

as anyone heard what managment wants to do with the players?

Old
02-24-2004, 06:24 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

how the hell can Q be blamed with the mass fo injuries that Blues have had over the past three years

Old
02-24-2004, 06:26 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark
how the hell can Q be blamed with the mass fo injuries that Blues have had over the past three years
Same old ****, management making a change just for changes sake. This sucks.

Old
02-24-2004, 06:32 PM
incawg

I think they'll wait to see how the team responds to having their coach fired before making any moves. That's usually what happens anyway.

Old
02-24-2004, 06:49 PM
Teemu

Thats what you get when you lose to the hawks.

Old
02-24-2004, 07:25 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon
How soon until the Quenneville to the Rangers rumours start?
He isn't signed already?

Old
02-24-2004, 07:28 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujo's house
He isn't signed already?
Seriously on Quenville's future, why would you jump at any job at this point, the season is almost over just wait untill the Summer and pick the best job. Maybe it is the Rangers. I doubt that, but he should get plenty of offers dont rush into it.

Old
02-24-2004, 07:30 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
Seriously on Quenville's future, why would you jump at any job at this point, the season is almost over just wait untill the Summer and pick the best job. Maybe it is the Rangers. I doubt that, but he should get plenty of offers dont rush into it.
Did I hear right is former leaf assistant Mike Kitchen finally getting a head coaching job?

Old
02-24-2004, 07:31 PM
Hecht

Quote:
Did I hear right is former leaf assistant Mike Kitchen finally getting a head coaching job?

yes...apparently he got an extension too Goal-tending consultant Keith Allain was promoted to assistant coach.

source: www.stlouisblues.com

Old
02-24-2004, 08:40 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecht
yes...apparently he got an extension too Goal-tending consultant Keith Allain was promoted to assistant coach.

source: www.stlouisblues.com
As bad as we have been in respect to goalies, I have no clue while they would bring Keith Allain in as a coach.

Old
02-24-2004, 08:41 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Yes, Kitch got a multi year deal as well.

Old
02-24-2004, 09:15 PM
coolhandluke2410
"BleedBlue44"

Send a message via AIM to coolhandluke2410 Send a message via Yahoo to coolhandluke2410
I've met Kitchen, he's a pretty good guy, I hope he plays hardass with the players

Old
02-24-2004, 09:33 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

what a shame.

Q is, in my opinion, one of the best. certainly not his fault what's happened to the blues.

Old
02-24-2004, 09:36 PM
RE-HABS

Pleau screwed up and he fires the coach because of his inability to get a legit #1 goalie. Hiring Kitchen isn't really a smart solution, maybe a bandaid for the remainder of the year but naming him coach right away?

Q didn't have 2 of his top 3 Dmen for the majority of the year, a goalie that really doesn't help you any and his forwards haven't excactly plyed like they should have. I think Q was the short and fadt solution, this team isn't going to do any better under Kitch without the above players and a real goalie.

I'm sure there are a lot of GM's out there pondering if they too should fire their head coach and to bring in such a respectable coach as Q.

Old
02-24-2004, 09:58 PM
kimzey59

Look, I know Q is a nice guy and all, but in all honesty he DESERVED to be fired before the season started. He has had 6 and a half years with this organization(and he personally picked half of the guys on the roster) and he hasn't done squat with them. I was especially PO'ed about last years PO's. Before game 6 against Vancouver(which was played in Savvis) HE sent out a memo to the players telling them to have their bags packed for the trip to Vancouver. That is TOTALLY unacceptable in my books. Futhermore, that kind of lapse(up 3 games to 1 and then lose the series) has been the norm during his entire tenure. His philosophy has always been to get a lead and then sit back in a shell. IMO this firing was long overdue. I hope he has luck elsewhere but he will not be missed by me at all.

Old
02-24-2004, 10:47 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59
Look, I know Q is a nice guy and all, but in all honesty he DESERVED to be fired before the season started. He has had 6 and a half years with this organization(and he personally picked half of the guys on the roster) and he hasn't done squat with them. I was especially PO'ed about last years PO's. Before game 6 against Vancouver(which was played in Savvis) HE sent out a memo to the players telling them to have their bags packed for the trip to Vancouver. That is TOTALLY unacceptable in my books. Futhermore, that kind of lapse(up 3 games to 1 and then lose the series) has been the norm during his entire tenure. His philosophy has always been to get a lead and then sit back in a shell. IMO this firing was long overdue. I hope he has luck elsewhere but he will not be missed by me at all.
I disagree this was a mistake.

Old
02-24-2004, 11:40 PM
coolhandluke2410
"BleedBlue44"

Send a message via AIM to coolhandluke2410 Send a message via Yahoo to coolhandluke2410
I think everyone should have been fired starting from management

Old
02-24-2004, 11:44 PM
st_roland

If things go badly in Denver this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see Lacroix make a move to get Quenville.

Old
02-25-2004, 08:23 AM
Rex88

"And the Rangers have hired....."

Old
02-25-2004, 10:51 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
"And the Rangers have hired....."
I don't think he will take a job right away. IMO, he will await the offseason to see what is available. Coaching for the NYR would not be a job a lot of people would want - high payroll w/o heart and lofty expectations.

The reason Sather wound up coaching was the lack of interested parties in the possition. The team is a mess and out of the playoff hunt....

Old
02-25-2004, 11:23 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59
That being said I guess Jaqcues Martin and Co. in Ottawa should have been fired too.
Situations are almost identical but one gets an extension and the other gets a pink slip.

Old
02-25-2004, 11:51 AM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
That being said I guess Jaqcues Martin and Co. in Ottawa should have been fired too.
Situations are almost identical but one gets an extension and the other gets a pink slip.

There is a slight difference between the situations. Martin proved his worth in the Regular season by getting the Presidents trophy and then went three rounds into the PO's and lost to NJ, the eventual Stanley cup winner. Quennville struggled to get the fifth spot in the West and lost in the first round to what was considered a weaker opponent. Quennville has not done anything noteworthy in three years. The players were unresponsive to his coaching methods and did not respect him because of the aforementioned memo and other similar incidents. Quennville is a nice guys and knows hockey, but as a coach he was not doing his job and that got him fired. Plain and simple.

Old
02-25-2004, 11:57 AM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Any truth to rumours that Al MacInnis might be brought in as an assistant coach if he retires?(heard on radio)

Closed Thread