HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Latendresse

Old
09-20-2008, 09:47 AM
RC51

vCash: 500
most players that are drafted get 1-2 more years in the minors and then 1-2 years in the AHL then, if they make the team still take 1-2 more years as NHL rookies before they show the real potential.

So Latendresse was drafted and came up quickly, spent last year as his first real NHL year. Habs have invested 3-4 years before any real chance at a good return.
Now some people think that Latendresse is only worth a draft choice?
think again. Latendresse at this time is worth MORE then just a draft choice where the Habs start all over again.
Or think of it this way, I would love to trade raw draft choices for all the ready for prime time draft choices on other teams, this way I gain 3-4 years of waiting for results. It's an instant win for me.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Riffo*

Peter Schafer+Andrew Alberts for latendresse

Riffo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 01:11 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
Because he really hasn't done much in the NHL, but he has some potential, I think his stock would be raised quite a bit if he does well this year, I also think if he was dealt now, he wouldn't get the kind of return most Hab fans would think he should.

I would say he could bring a low 2nd round pick, or a 3rd line forward, or a third pairing defenseman, or another prospect who has not lived up to his hype as of yet.

That could all change if he was to have a good season.
He's only 21 years old, and he's already put up back-to-back 16 goal seasons while playing mainly on the third line.... And you project him to be traded for a 3rd line forward?

Are you serious?

A third line forward would be lucky to score 16 goals... And Latendresse, with just two seasons in the NHL has already done that twice and is just 21 years old. And he's 6'2 and 230 pounds.

I think you are grossly under-estimating his worth at this stage of his career.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 02:28 PM
clarke19

I expect Higgins to take on more of a two way role this year and for Lats to play with Tangs and Koivu for some of the year.

I wouldn't trade him right now, waive Dandenault.

clarke19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 04:11 PM
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO

hmm, can't help but wonder how much this has changed since the start of the year.

i would love to see him + a pick or prospect traded for a top 4 d-man.

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote