HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

** Preseason G2 - 09/22/08 | 7:00 PM | MSG(HD) - Ottawa Senators @ NY Rangers **

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2008, 08:38 PM
ThirdEye

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Oh stop, he has to know his reputation. He is on a new team with new guys, he should be playing hard. His talent is obvious but I could see how he drove a guy like Hitch just crazy.
No, you stop with your agenda

He hasn't looked bad at all in my opinion. It's the first ****ing game of the season

Old
Ovens

Do you guys think that Sam and Joe have noticed that Voros likes to go to the net?, I tell you one thing, Rangers fans are really going to like him!

Old
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
took the words right out of my mouth.

slow down peeps. one period and were already given him a spot. geez.

again, this IS a 35 yr old petr nedved were talkin about here.

wher ya gonna put him? 2nd line. ugh. 3rd line? over dubi? um. no.

seems unlikely.
No. 3rd line center. Dubinsky is TOO TALENTED to get third line minutes. We should not delegate such a talent to the third line. The first line can be Naslund - Gomez - Zheredev, the second line can be Dawes - Drury - Dubinsky [or switch Drury and Dubinsky b/c I know a lot of people want Dru on wing for some reason], play Calahan - Nedved - Prucha as your third line, and you can have some combination of Voros, Betts, Sjostrom, etc; as your forth line. No reason why Petr can't make the team.

Petr Nedved has still skated better and played a better offensive game than any other play on this team, including Zheredev, Naslund, and Gomez. He is playing to earn your respect and a contract and I think we should respect the effort he is giving.

Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Oh stop, he has to know his reputation. He is on a new team with new guys, he should be playing hard. His talent is obvious but I could see how he drove a guy like Hitch just crazy.
you guys are crazy if he looks like he isnt trying.....he is playing hard....he control the puck and moves it very well....is he losing the puck?....sure but he always is around the puck and setting people up.....players turn the puck over when the puck follows them around.....jagr used to have a ton as well because he would always have the puck on his stick.....

also has anyone noticed him back-checking?....because i have...playing good defensive hockey, supporting his linemates.....the kid looks really good on both ends of the rink

Old
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
not considering how long they played together after that point.
im sorry but could someone explain their history to me?

Old
09-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovens View Post
Do you guys think that Sam and Joe have noticed that Voros likes to go to the net?, I tell you one thing, Rangers fans are really going to like him!

Old
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
but if you are watching the game you know that when a player plays withthe puck on his stick a lot and carries it he will turn it over every now and then.....he looks very very dominant....i havent noticed 4 turnovers
Am I watching the same game as everyone else? Or am I just paying closer attention to Zherdev? Am I the only one who noticed that most of the time Zherdev has touched the puck, he has tried to deke someone out and coughed up the puck?

I'm not trashing the guy. All I'm saying is that he needs to step it up a little and stop with the cute stuff where it's not needed.

Old
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Dubi has looked like a flat out beast in the last two games.

Great tip by Korpikoski. He's a goal-per-game player.
The truth is, this is pretty much how Dubi has played since January of last year...I'm not seeing a sophomore slump in his future...the kid's got a motor.

Oh, and, I really want to see Korpi make this team.

Old
09-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Macke*

What did naslund say in his interview? I missed it.

Old
NYR Viper

p.s.- parenteau looks very good with a very nice assist.....i said it before....if the rangers are looking for some more offense i dont think adding parenteau's creativity to the mix would be a good idea

Old
Bobby Granger

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Granger
I'm at the game in section 102. Weise and nedved look the best out here.

Old
09-22-2008, 08:42 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR6814 View Post
Am I watching the same game as everyone else? Or am I just paying closer attention to Zherdev? Am I the only one who noticed that most of the time Zherdev has touched the puck, he has tried to deke someone out and coughed up the puck?

I'm not trashing the guy. All I'm saying is that he needs to step it up a little and stop with the cute stuff where it's not needed.
i understand what you are saying but that is how he plays....he dangles with the puck.....having one player on the entire team who can flat-out beat the opposition is one thing the rangers needed....he is a weapon.....he isnt coughing up the puck as much as you are making it out but i see what you are saying with the cute moves.....but the only thing is that is how he plays, take-it or leave-it but i for one like watching someone who doesnt just act like a robot and tries different things

Old
09-22-2008, 08:43 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
Dare I say it, the power play already looks better sans JJ. and its friggin preseason.
Don't get a head of yourself. We are playing a very stripped down Senators team. If anything we are playing their AHL team. A lot of their regulars are out of the line up and I haven't seen their top D men in the game either. Is Kuba out there? Is Phillips? The only ones whom I've seen are Volchenkov [GREAT D-MAN, one of the best shot blockers in the NHL, wish we had him] and Schubert as their regulars. This is an AHL squad we are facing with our top line out their, it will be very different when we face the Bruins and a guy like Chara is shoving around Zheredev.

Old
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky13 View Post
its zherdevs 1st game.....FIRST GAME......with a completely new team.....geez......you guys are so ******* neg....just picking on every lil thing he does wrong.....hes doing plenty right as well.....and showing tons of talent and potential......HES ONLY 23......hes learning new system......

no matter what people will always look for something to ***** about....
I'm done arguing with you guys. I should have known better than to try to remotely criticize Zherdev. You guys need to stop making excuses and realize that he has NOT BEEN GOOD TONIGHT. Key word is TONIGHT. Calm down, and accept it. It's just a simple observation.

Old
Osminator

anyone else think Patrik Rissmiller is sweating already?

Old
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macke View Post
What did naslund say in his interview? I missed it.
He was talking about Why he picked NYR and the Vancouver playoffs in 04'

Old
09-22-2008, 08:44 PM
NYR Viper

they just showed zherdev backchecking and breaking up a 2v1 at the end of a pp......the kid has wheels and uses creativity

Old
09-22-2008, 08:44 PM
lucky13
Iron Chic

im all for korps making this team....and if renney wants to really roll 4 lines he would be the perfect center.....hes defensivley responsible.....just a very very smart 2 way player....smooth skater with great hands......give him 8-10 mins a night as the 4th line center with voros and others and we could very well roll 4 lines....

hows korps on faceoffs.....just curious...cause that could be the only thing that betts has over him

Old
09-22-2008, 08:45 PM
Smashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Don't get a head of yourself. We are playing a very stripped down Senators team. If anything we are playing their AHL team. A lot of their regulars are out of the line up and I haven't seen their top D men in the game either. Is Kuba out there? Is Phillips? The only ones whom I've seen are Volchenkov [GREAT D-MAN, one of the best shot blockers in the NHL, wish we had him] and Schubert as their regulars. This is an AHL squad we are facing with our top line out their, it will be very different when we face the Bruins and a guy like Chara is shoving around Zheredev.
Um. we're not passing and actually taking shots. I'm happy.

Old
Fataldogg

Quote:

Agreed but it is the pre-season. This kid has a ton of talent. Plays a lot like Kovalev. He still needs to mature. Give him some time, some coaching, etc; and maybe the unnecessary cutesy dekes will stop and we will have a top notch dangler on our team. I agree with what you have said so far though.

Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
I'm done arguing with you guys. I should have known better than to try to remotely criticize Zherdev. You guys need to stop making excuses and realize that he has NOT BEEN GOOD TONIGHT. Key word is TONIGHT. Calm down, and accept it. It's just a simple observation.
but i disagree is all.....its not that i dont think he can be criticized, its just that i like the way he is playing....renney said it himself....the thing that make players like him so valuable is because they are creative and you dont want to turn him into something else because he turns into another normal player....

Old
09-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i understand what you are saying but that is how he plays....he dangles with the puck.....having one player on the entire team who can flat-out beat the opposition is one thing the rangers needed....he is a weapon.....he isnt coughing up the puck as much as you are making it out but i see what you are saying with the cute moves.....but the only thing is that is how he plays, take-it or leave-it but i for one like watching someone who doesnt just act like a robot and tries different things
If you read my previous posts, I NEVER said Zherdev is going to have a bad year, or that he sucks, or that he can't deke or anything of that nature. All I did was make a point about his turnovers and unnecessary deke moves in center ice. He has played poorly tonight, and that's it. He can come out the next period or game and tear it up, and I will be just as happy as the next guy. I want him to succeed so badly, all I'm doing is making an observation.

Old
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
Um. we're not passing and actually taking shots. I'm happy.
I am happy. I'm just saying lets not get a head of ourselves. Our PP percentage is still nothing commendable.

Old
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:

Old
09-22-2008, 08:47 PM
NYR Viper

i just feel like this is the way he plays and as he matures he will get better and better, but he has to learn....its just the way it goes......better him learn for himself then beat it out of him

Closed Thread