HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trader Bob

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2004, 09:01 AM
Rex88

vCash: 500
Trader Bob

Much has taken place this year.
A list of deals is below for this year.

Wyowitka/1st/3rd v. Comrie
Chouinard v. 5th
Comrie v. Branko/Eager/Burke
Weinrich v. 5th
7th v. Timmander
Siklenka v. Gainey
Vandy/Fraser/2nd v. Zhamnov/4th
Williams v. Markov

A real line has been drawn between the BC supporters and doubters this year.
Which side do you fall on?

Last edited by Rex88: 02-24-2004 at 10:49 AM.
Old
02-24-2004, 09:11 AM
Cuiff

We will never win a cup with him as our GM. He is capable of getting a team close (see Min & Fla) but never can he take a team all the way.

Old
02-24-2004, 09:22 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
Much has taken place this year.
A list of deals is below for this year.

Wyowitka/1st/3rd v. Comrie
Chouinard v. 5th
Comrie v. Branko/Eager/Burke
Weinrich v. 5th
7th v. Timmander
Siklenka v. Gainey
Vandy/Fraser/2nd v. Zhamnov/4th

A real line has been drawn between the BC supporters and doubters this year.
Which side do you fall on?
You forgot Markov and Williams.

I support him. He did what he needed to do keep this team where they are through an unbelievable string of injuries.

Old
02-24-2004, 09:38 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
i'm just wondering, i'm not saying the Flyers will win the Cup this year because I still think they lose to Ottawa, but if the Flyers were to win the Cup with Clarke as GM, what will all the people who said we would never win a Cup with Clarke as GM say?

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
02-24-2004, 09:48 AM
JCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
If the Flyers were to win the Cup with Clarke as GM, what will all the people who said we would never win a Cup with Clarke as GM say?
1) Anybody want a convertable cheap? These flying pigs are tough on the rag top.

2) Man, sure is a great time to be a parka salesmen in hell!!

3) (while fire and brimstone rains from the sky) Hail Mary full of grace...

4) OK, where is that 70's Show guy, I just know I am being PUNK'D here...

5) Glad we won the Cup, but seriously concerned about how 29 team's planes could all crash at once.

6) EA Sports doesn't count.

7) Neither does EHM.

8) Or Face-Off!!! Give it a rest!

9) Thanks Jesus, good to see you back! And I thought the whole bringing-the-dead-back-to-life was an impressive miracle...

10) Honey, hit the snooze. I don't want to wake up yet, I was having the most wonderful dream.

Old
02-24-2004, 10:01 AM
tytech

Until he truly addresses the goalie situation then maybe, maybe I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He tries but in all the wrong aspects. This team won't get out of the second round. I pray that I eat these words but I just happen to know this team, the history and Clarke quite well.

Old
02-24-2004, 10:07 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCD
1) Anybody want a convertable cheap? These flying pigs are tough on the rag top.

5) Glad we won the Cup, but seriously concerned about how 29 team's planes could all crash at once.

7) Neither does EHM.

9) Thanks Jesus, good to see you back! And I thought the whole bringing-the-dead-back-to-life was an impressive miracle...

10) Honey, hit the snooze. I don't want to wake up yet, I was having the most wonderful dream.

Old
02-24-2004, 11:22 AM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCD

7) Neither does EHM.

LMAO, great stuff

Old
02-24-2004, 11:49 AM
fan mao rong

Okay , as to the trades you mention. It all boils down to Woywitka in exchange for Burke. Some might have objections to that. Do you believe Woywitka will be significantly better in near history over current prospects R.Jones, R.Ruggeri, A. Picard, to the effect it would not justify taking a chance on the veteran goalie, Burke. The rest of the trade evens out. Most of the rest of this year's trading involves insignificant players in the big picture. Those who regard Jimmy Vandermeer as an asset will judge where Vandermeer rates among the aforementioned defenseman vis-a-vis the aquisition of Zhamnov. I don't see any loss of prospects for the future. I say it has improved. In summation, is the loss of Woywitka(with Comrie a transitory figure) justifying taking a chance on Burke as a goaltender-----and is the loss of Jimmy Vandermeer justifying taking a chance on Zhamnov. Bearing in mind the other defensive prospects and their standing compared to Woywitka and Vandermeer. I say yes.

Old
02-24-2004, 12:03 PM
jplush76

Send a message via AIM to jplush76 Send a message via Yahoo to jplush76
clarke has done what he's needed to do this year. there wasn't much of a goalie pool to choose from. He sent people over to see hasek in the offseason but hasek came back with the wings. There just wasn't a decent goal available and burke HAS HAD the top 3 numbers of any goalie in the league.

Old
02-24-2004, 01:49 PM
BrindA17

Send a message via AIM to BrindA17
There's one thing does give me hope: this team has a new face. Many deals this year have changed the look of this team dramatically, so much so that it doesn't quite feel like the Flyers. On that note, maybe our fortunes will change as well. Maybe this is the year....

I like what Clarke has done; hats off to him for putting many pieces in place (especially the Russians ). Like I stated above, I think this team's new look makes me more hopeful.

(BTW, if Roenick comes back, you can just forget about everything above, because then it suddenly looks the same again. I know it sounds strange that one guy can change the look of the team, but he's been the centerpiece.).

Old
02-24-2004, 04:32 PM
biggbloo

I support him too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swflyers8
You forgot Markov and Williams.

I support him. He did what he needed to do keep this team where they are through an unbelievable string of injuries.
I have never seen a team get so many serious injuries,in such a short period of time than the Flyers have endored this year,yet they're still in 1st pace in their division. Clarke has been great in trading talent for talent to ensure victories.I know many will complain about Clarke trading his prospect players,but when faced with as many key injuries as Clarke has seen this year,who was he going to trade that was left on the team? LeClair? Recchi? Gagne? C'mon folks,give the guy his kudo's! He's done a great job!

Old
02-24-2004, 04:39 PM
biggbloo

What position do you play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
We will never win a cup with him as our GM. He is capable of getting a team close (see Min & Fla) but never can he take a team all the way.
People who refer to their home team as though they're part of the team is scary. The Flyers are a very good team,and they're as capable as any other team in the NHL to win the Cup this season.Also,the last time I checked,I didn't see Clarkie in uniform during any of the games. Clarke hires the talent to play and coach the team,but he can't score the goals or stop the pucks anymore than I can.

Old
02-24-2004, 05:06 PM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggbloo
Clarke hires the talent to play and coach the team,but he can't score the goals or stop the pucks anymore than I can.
He does, he hired Comrie who Hitch didnt want.
He then gos out and gets Burke who Hitch states immediately will be a backup.
Clarke and Hitch are not on the same page, I would have thought the coach would have some input on the players he is going to play.
What the point in giving up youth and picks only to dump a player on the 4th line then trade him away 2 months later?

Old
02-24-2004, 06:05 PM
Gert B Frobe

Maybe I'm crazy but I like all the trades (so far) especially Markov, Zhamnov and Branko/Eager/Burke - with Burke being the SMALLEST piece of that trade.

I believe the Flyers will lift the Cup this year.

There, I said it.

Old
02-24-2004, 06:33 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
He then gos out and gets Burke who Hitch states immediately will be a backup. Clarke and Hitch are not on the same page, I would have thought the coach would have some input on the players he is going to play.
I think Clarke traded only for Comrie because he though he could steal him from the Oilers and trade him to somebody for more value.

As for Burke. I think both Clarke and Hitch wanted the guy. Robert Esche will be the starting goalie come playoff time. They had to trade for a backup, and Burke was the cheapest way in their eyes to do it.

Old
02-25-2004, 08:34 AM
crackerzack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonces
I think Clarke traded only for Comrie because he though he could steal him from the Oilers and trade him to somebody for more value.

As for Burke. I think both Clarke and Hitch wanted the guy. Robert Esche will be the starting goalie come playoff time. They had to trade for a backup, and Burke was the cheapest way in their eyes to do it.
I totally agree. Comrie was merely a bargaining chip. Edmonton was asking for too much from a Western Conference team. Clarke may have wanted to hold onto Comrie but Clarke definitely considered him a tradeable asset.

On a side note.....At the game last night I saw some poor fool wearing a Flyers Comrie jersey. Not the wisest purchase he's ever made.

Old
02-25-2004, 09:02 AM
Mothra
The Groovy Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCD

7) Neither does EHM.
Going to disagree with this one.......

Closed Thread