HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Milan Lucic Marc Savard Michael Ryder

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Dynasty

vCash: 500
Milan Lucic Marc Savard Michael Ryder

It looks like the Bruins will be going with a line of Milan Lucic Marc Savard Michael Ryder this year...Me thinks they are going to be a top ten line this year with Ryder being a top 10 goal scorer...But no one can really dispute that it has the potential to be an awesome line...Savard is already a top centre and Lucic impressed me as the best player for both teams in the Habs and Bruins playoff series last year...What do you guys think...rational and objective replies only, please.

Last edited by Dynasty: 09-22-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Old
09-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Belso

But I think that Julien and Ryder see eye to eye so anything is possible and the sky is the limit...

Old
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
It looks like the Bruins will be going with a line of Milan Lucic Marc Savard Michael Ryder this year...Me thinks they are going to be a top ten line this year with Ryder being a top 10 goal scorer...But no one can really dispute that it has the potential to be an awesome line...Savard is already a top centre and Lucic impressed me as the best player for both teams in the Habs and Bruins playoff series last year...What do you guys think...rational and ojective replies only, please.
Good line. Especially considering Bergeron and Sturm will probably be on their 2nd (or 1b) line.

I think the Bruins will be 5 to 7 in the East this year and 2nd in the NE above Ottawa and Buffalo.

Old
mcphee

Quote:
It looks like the Bruins will be going with a line of Milan Lucic Marc Savard Michael Ryder this year...Me thinks they are going to be a top ten line this year with Ryder being a top 10 goal scorer...But no one can really dispute that it has the potential to be an awesome line...Savard is already a top centre and Lucic impressed me as the best player for both teams in the Habs and Bruins playoff series last year...What do you guys think...rational and ojective replies only, please.
They should be strong on the boards but I wonder if they'll have some issues in terms of pace, moving the puck. Quick open ice play might be a problem but Savard is as good a set up guy as there is so.......it'll be interesting.

Old
09-22-2008, 02:16 PM
BadKiwi

Quote:
Ryder did not make Montreal's team last year and Lucic is a 3rd/4th line player. If Ryder can score it should be an ok line.

Old
09-22-2008, 02:17 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Ryder is an enigma for me it has potential but IMO of Ryder doesnt get the groove he had in his first 2 season this line will fail considerably.

Savard is the key on the line because to me this line :
lucic = PF with good hitting and fighting skills ... questionable hockey sense
Ryder = Streaky goal scorer with below average skating and defensive knowledge.
Savard = one of the best playmaker in the game.

It should be interesting to see them play together but seriously they dont bring much fear to me as a habs fan.

Last edited by Jeffrey: 09-22-2008 at 02:28 PM.
Old
09-22-2008, 02:17 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
We all, or most of us, expect Ryder to have a much better season, not that it will be tough though. Still, it's clearly a case when a guy needs to go elsewhere and start over. Good for him, he'll be a good asset for them. But he was UFA and could have gone to whereever he wanted. He won't be the first UFA to know some success after changing teams.

Seems that Lucic became faster this summer, must have gone to the same skating school than Gui....and Savard is still Savard.

Honestly, the Bruins will be a better team this year, no doubt.

Old
09-22-2008, 02:19 PM
CanadienErrant*

They certainly won't loose all their games against the Habs this year. With Savard ( and Julien behind the bench) , Ryder will score 40 goals.

I don't mind

Old
09-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Lucic-Savard-Ryder...

The LuSaR line?

Old
09-22-2008, 02:21 PM
thrillhous

I would not be surprised at all if Ryder scores 30 again.

Old
09-22-2008, 02:25 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
lol a top ten line.. This line wont be any better than any of our 3 first lines we will dress..

Ryder will always remain the same highly flawed hockey player he has ever been, so the line will struggle with consistency and wont be overall effective.. I like the Lucic Savard pairing though, I just think they will have to trail a bullet if Ryder plays on their line..

Old
09-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Chomsky

a top 10 goal scorer? On his team yes, but in the NHL? Keep dreaming.

A line of Ryder-Savard-Lucic will be terrible defensively. T-e-r-r-i-b-l-e.

Good for us.

Old
09-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Le depisteur

Last year:

27 pts - 78 pts - 31 pts

Not a bad line...

Old
09-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
We all, or most of us, expect Ryder to have a much better season, not that it will be tough though. Still, it's clearly a case when a guy needs to go elsewhere and start over. Good for him, he'll be a good asset for them. But he was UFA and could have gone to whereever he wanted. He won't be the first UFA to know some success after changing teams.

Seems that Lucic became faster this summer, must have gone to the same skating school than Gui....and Savard is still Savard.

Honestly, the Bruins will be a better team this year, no doubt.
Yeah, it has been reported that his speed has improved significantly this year...reports early indicate that the line is already developing some really good chemistry, which we all know is key to any line's success...should be really interesting to watch.

Old
09-22-2008, 02:29 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKiwi View Post
Ryder did not make Montreal's team last year and Lucic is a 3rd/4th line player. If Ryder can score it should be an ok line.
wtf....

Old
09-22-2008, 02:30 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I wouldn't take it over any of the three lines we'll be rolling in an offensive role.

Old
09-22-2008, 02:31 PM
GaineysRightHandMan

Ryder will probably match his best year with the Habs while he played with Koivu under Julien. Savard won't give him much more than Koivu did.

Old
09-22-2008, 02:31 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Bruins fans overrate Ryder a lot. He's not nearly as good as you think.

Old
09-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
They should be strong on the boards but I wonder if they'll have some issues in terms of pace, moving the puck. Quick open ice play might be a problem but Savard is as good a set up guy as there is so.......it'll be
interesting.
All indications from camp are that Lucic has gotten much faster...agre that it will indeed be an interesting line to watch for...IMHO it has big time potential.

Last edited by Dynasty: 09-22-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old
09-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Ra
satan is my homie

Quote:
What do you guys think...rational and ojective replies only, please.
Honest answer? Alright then...

Who cares? They won't make the playoffs anyway.

Oh, and I can't wait to see Ryder turn the puck over at the blueline three times per period.

Old
09-22-2008, 02:35 PM
Puckhead58*

Who are the Boston Bruins? Do they still have a team in the NHL?? LOL.

Lucy Savard and RideHer should be quite a line for the B's. Ryder and Savard are very soft players and Lucy has the same amount of brains as a can of soup.

I can see it now....Savard will carry the puck from one end to the other, Lucy will be at the blueline trying to sucker someone into a fight and Ryder will be at center ice trying to catch up to Savard.

Old
09-22-2008, 02:35 PM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaineysRightHandMan View Post
Ryder will probably match his best year with the Habs while he played with Koivu under Julien. Savard won't give him much more than Koivu did.

I have to disagree with this as it's widely accepted that (especially at this stage of Koivu's career) Savard is a far superior centre than Koivu.

Old
09-22-2008, 02:36 PM
BadKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
wtf....
Goals : 8
Assists : 19

Sure, the guy is fearless and as strong as they get, but that is it. He's average at pretty much all other aspects of the game. As we speak he's an excellent 3rd/4th line player and a border line 2nd line player. Latendresse who is a similar player with alot more offensive skills and experience will be playing on our 3rd line.

Old
09-22-2008, 02:41 PM
goalchenyuk

Playing with one of the best playmaker of the NHL , Ryder is going to score a lot of goals ( 40 or more ) . But how much goals that line will cost ?

Old
09-22-2008, 02:43 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
Playing with one of the best playmaker of the NHL , Ryder is going to score a lot of goals ( 40 or more ) . But how much goals that line will cost ?
Ryder is capped at a 30 goal scorer, I'd be surprised if he gets one more than 30.

Closed Thread