HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Milan Lucic Marc Savard Michael Ryder

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-24-2008, 02:27 PM
  #151
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,996
vCash: 500
Something is not right here.....most Boston fans coming in this thread makes sense and are really trying to have a good discussion about all this.....there must a reason...

I KNOW! They just want to keep alive a thread entitled with one of their top lines on our board....CONSPIRACY!!!!!

I'm joking.....

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 02:33 PM
  #152
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Something is not right here.....most Boston fans coming in this thread makes sense and are really trying to have a good discussion about all this.....there must a reason...

I KNOW! They just want to keep alive a thread entitled with one of their top lines on our board....CONSPIRACY!!!!!

I'm joking.....
We lue them in, then we burn them.

mcphee is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 02:40 PM
  #153
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Hell, check the main board about Bergerons return. I believe it was a Habs fan that said they hate his face, want Jones to end his career this season, etc....
.
Yeah that was me. I really do hate that turd. If he retires, he goes on and lives a better life than anyone else around here with $25 million in the bank. So please, save us the "oooohhh ahhhhh that was so scary when it happened" comments. There would essentially be nothing scary about living life healthy and with all those resources.

So what if he can't play hockey any more. There are more important things in life .

AH is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 02:49 PM
  #154
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
Yeah that was me. I really do hate that turd. If he retires, he goes on and lives a better life than anyone else around here with $25 million in the bank. So please, save us the "oooohhh ahhhhh that was so scary when it happened" comments. There would essentially be nothing scary about living life healthy and with all those resources.

So what if he can't play hockey any more. There are more important things in life .
See, now I don't assume all Habs fans feel like this yahoo. I assume most are smarter then to wish pain and suffering on a player just because of the Jersey he wears, or the amount of money he makes.

I give most Habs fans more credit then this.

Kaoz* is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 02:50 PM
  #155
Beyonder91
Seids the Machine
 
Beyonder91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
Yeah that was me. I really do hate that turd. If he retires, he goes on and lives a better life than anyone else around here with $25 million in the bank. So please, save us the "oooohhh ahhhhh that was so scary when it happened" comments. There would essentially be nothing scary about living life healthy and with all those resources.

So what if he can't play hockey any more. There are more important things in life .
you don't think the possibility of him being paralyzed is scary?

i don't know how anybody could possibility not be happy for Bergeron after what he has gone through...

Beyonder91 is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 02:52 PM
  #156
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 28,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
Yeah that was me. I really do hate that turd. If he retires, he goes on and lives a better life than anyone else around here with $25 million in the bank. So please, save us the "oooohhh ahhhhh that was so scary when it happened" comments. There would essentially be nothing scary about living life healthy and with all those resources.

So what if he can't play hockey any more. There are more important things in life .
Wishing harm onto someone, whether or not they have money, is still a really, really low thing to do. Especially when you're doing it to someone who

a) you probably never met
b) more than likely never did anything to you
c) you'd love if he played on the Habs
d) wouldn't care about if he played in Phoenix


You're coming off as a real lowlife, and there's no need for that.

Le Tricolore is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 02:55 PM
  #157
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
See, now I don't assume all Habs fans feel like this yahoo. I assume most are smarter then to wish pain and suffering on a player just because of the Jersey he wears, or the amount of money he makes.

I give most Habs fans more credit then this.
But his injury is not causing him pain, nor is he suffering. He just can't play hockey for a living.

Get off your high horse you drama queeen.

AH is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 02:56 PM
  #158
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 28,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
But his injury is not causing him pain, nor is he suffering. He just can't play hockey for a living.

Get off your high horse you drama queeen.
No, he's absolutely right.

Le Tricolore is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 02:57 PM
  #159
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyonder01 View Post
you don't think the possibility of him being paralyzed is scary?

i don't know how anybody could possibility not be happy for Bergeron after what he has gone through...
But he is NOT paralyzed.

Let's stop with the hyperbole what-if scenarios. His injuries DID NOT do life altering damage to him. Let's be clear about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
No, he's absolutely right.
I just see things differently. Bergeron living a normal life but not being able to play hockey is really not that big of a deal considering he made his money.


Last edited by Beakermania*: 09-26-2008 at 03:48 PM.
AH is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 03:01 PM
  #160
cneely
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,941
vCash: 500
Wally's bang on, there are idiots on both sides of the fence.

I endeavor to do the same thing with Hab fan idiots and Bruin fan idiots alike. Ignore them. Life's too short to take a hockey message board that serious.

Unfortunatly, Wally doesn't have that option...

cneely is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 03:02 PM
  #161
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser
 
Psycho Papa Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cesspool, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
But his injury is not causing him pain, nor is he suffering. He just can't play hockey for a living.

Get off your high horse you drama queeen.
Actually the injury came really close to causing him a lifetime of pain and suffering. Almost being in a wheelchair for life isn't my definition of fun, no matter how much money I had.

Do I like Bergeron? Absolutely not. He's probably the Bruin I hate the most, but come on, your comments about his injury are way over the line. I really don't understand where you're going with this.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 03:03 PM
  #162
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
But his injury is not causing him pain, nor is he suffering. He just can't play hockey for a living.

Get off your high horse you drama queeen.
Thanks for being the example of what both Habs fans and Bruins fans are refering to in this thread when they say each fanbase has its downsides

Ps. I'm not stupid, you won't get a retort out of me in response to any personal deragotory comments on your own board. Mods will be editing your posts, not mine. You're just a kid on a message board as far as I'm concerned, and anything you say has as much chance of bothering me as the Coyotes moving to Arkansas.

Kaoz* is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 03:03 PM
  #163
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
But he is NOT paralyzed.

Let's stop with the hyperbole what-if scenarios. His injuries DID NOT do life altering damage to him. Let's be clear about that.
If I'm catching the Espn chatter and I hear that whoever my team's playing's QB has a hamstring pull, I'm not a saint. I don't mind if Hasselbeck has scurvy aginst my Giants in week 5. To get satisfaction from a guy being seriously injured because you don't like his face ? C'mon AH, good because he has his cash ?

This is just a tough guy act right ? No one's like that.

mcphee is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 03:05 PM
  #164
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
Actually the injury came really close to causing him a lifetime of pain and suffering. Almost being in a wheelchair for life isn't my definition of fun, no matter how much money I had.

Do I like Bergeron? Absolutely not. He's probably the Bruin I hate the most, but come on, your comments about his injury are way over the line.
Do you think I wished him ill will the minute the injury happened? No !!! just like everyone else I hoped he would recover to at least have a normal life.

Once he achieved those things a couple of months in, my hate for this "Go Nords Go, I love the Bruins - woops we just lost a 3-1 lead in the playoffs to the Habitants" freak came back with a vengeance.

AH is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 03:06 PM
  #165
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Thanks for being the example of what both Habs fans and Bruins fans are refering to in this thread when they say each fanbase has its downsides

Ps. I'm not stupid, you won't get a retort out of me in response to any personal deragotory comments on your own board. Mods will be editing your posts, not mine. You're just a kid on a message board as far as I'm concerned, and anything you say has as much chance of bothering me as the Coyotes moving to Arkansas.
A little insensitive towrds the citizens of Phoenix ? Even if trhey are heat addled.

Unless you meant actual coyotes, then it would be insensitive towards the Arkansians [?].

mcphee is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 03:08 PM
  #166
cneely
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
But he is NOT paralyzed.

Let's stop with the hyperbole what-if scenarios. His injuries DID NOT do life altering damage to him. Let's be clear about that.
Actually, you don't know that. He's back playing now, but the way these things go, he could sneeze and get another concussion. To me, the fact that he will always be more susceptible to head injuries is certainly something that will always effect him.

cneely is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 03:09 PM
  #167
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
A little insensitive towrds the citizens of Phoenix ? Even if trhey are heat addled.

Unless you meant actual coyotes, then it would be insensitive towards the Arkansians [?].
If I were on the Phoenix board I wouldn't have said that.

Of course, no one would have been there to see it anyways

Kaoz* is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 03:09 PM
  #168
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
Actually, you don't know that. He's back playing now, but the way these things go, he could sneeze and get another concussion. To me, the fact that he will always be more susceptible to head injuries is certainly something that will always effect him.
Then he shouldnt be playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Ps. I'm not stupid, you won't get a retort out of me in response to any personal deragotory comments on your own board. Mods will be editing your posts, not mine. You're just a kid on a message board as far as I'm concerned, and anything you say has as much chance of bothering me as the Coyotes moving to Arkansas.
We know your act. Talking down to folks is your M.O.

Obviously I bother you since you keep replying to my posts all over the place.


Last edited by Beakermania*: 09-26-2008 at 03:49 PM.
AH is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 03:11 PM
  #169
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
If I were on the Phoenix board I wouldn't have said that.

Of course, no one would have been there to see it anyways
They had a psoter who seemed like a good guy, damned if I remember his name though. Badmouth Shane Doan and they'll crawl out of the woodwork.

I'm sitting here laughing trying to imagine the B's board all up in arms and bitter about their rival, the Coyotes.

mcphee is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 03:12 PM
  #170
cneely
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
Then he shouldnt be playing.
Maybe, but its his job, and I guess he didn't want to give up doing something he loves.

As said, if you really wish poor health on someone simply because of the colour of their jersey, you're taking this rivalry, and indeed the entire sport, way too seriously.
In my opinion, a good rivalry is fun, it doesn't cause such negative thoughts.

Maybe thats just me.

cneely is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 03:16 PM
  #171
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser
 
Psycho Papa Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cesspool, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
If I'm catching the Espn chatter and I hear that whoever my team's playing's QB has a hamstring pull, I'm not a saint. I don't mind if Hasselbeck has scurvy aginst my Giants in week 5. To get satisfaction from a guy being seriously injured because you don't like his face ? C'mon AH, good because he has his cash ?

This is just a tough guy act right ? No one's like that.
I sure there were no Hab fans who shed a tear that Chara was nursing an injury last playoff and Thornton was nursing an injury in the 2003 playoffs. But, making lite of a career threatening, life altering injury is a bit over the top. Not 100% sure that was what he was doing.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 03:17 PM
  #172
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
Maybe, but its his job, and I guess he didn't want to give up doing something he loves.

As said, if you really wish poor health on someone simply because of the colour of their jersey, you're taking this rivalry, and indeed the entire sport, way too seriously.
In my opinion, a good rivalry is fun, it doesn't cause such negative thoughts.

Maybe thats just me.
I want Bergeron healthy. Mainly because I want Komi to knock him into next Tuesday. Then I want him to get up, however slowly.

If Larry Robinson meets Terry O'Reilly in a bar they're going to laugh and argue over who pays that night. When the game's over, it's over.

mcphee is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 03:18 PM
  #173
Beyonder91
Seids the Machine
 
Beyonder91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
I sure there were no Hab fans who shed a tear that Chara was nursing an injury last playoff and Thornton was nursing an injury in the 2003 playoffs. But, making lite of a career threatening, life altering injury is a bit over the top. Not 100% sure that was what he was doing.
exactly...

seems AH's deal stems just a little beyond hockey

Beyonder91 is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 03:19 PM
  #174
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser
 
Psycho Papa Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cesspool, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I want Bergeron healthy. Mainly because I want Komi to knock him into next Tuesday. Then I want him to get up, however slowly.

If Larry Robinson meets Terry O'Reilly in a bar they're going to laugh and argue over who pays that night. When the game's over, it's over.
Two of my best friends are Bruins fans. I've won many a beer and free dinner at their expense due to the team they chose to cheer for

Psycho Papa Joe is offline  
Old
09-24-2008, 03:19 PM
  #175
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
Maybe, but its his job, and I guess he didn't want to give up doing something he loves.

As said, if you really wish poor health on someone simply because of the colour of their jersey, you're taking this rivalry, and indeed the entire sport, way too seriously.
In my opinion, a good rivalry is fun, it doesn't cause such negative thoughts.

Maybe thats just me.
That's where you are wrong. He is assuming the risk of playing again. If he plays with higher risk, then he is responsible, no one else and I for one have little sympathy for the consequences. Sort of like the mortgage meltdown in the US. Not enough blame is going at the home owners for taking on mortgages they couldn't afford. Everyone is blaming the corrupt enablers. In Bergeron's case the enablers would be the doctors and 'his love of the game'.

And again you are wrong. I never wished him injury (well maybe a beat down at some point, but nothing serious like what transpired). He didnt end up with poor health. That's my point.

AH is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.