HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pre-Season Games 1 & 2: St. Louis at Kings and Coyotes at Kings

Old
09-23-2008, 01:29 AM
johnjm22

vCash: 500
Simmonds has been VERY impressive too. I wonder if he would get the nod over Moller.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 01:29 AM
PCLoadLetter*

"Yo dawg so check it out. If I'm keeping it real I'm not sure that was your best performance dawg. That was just aight for me man"

PCLoadLetter* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 01:40 AM
NomadFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Simmonds has been VERY impressive too. I wonder if he would get the nod over Moller.
Simmonds to Manchester at the very least, I think. Someone else mentioned that Simmonds is over the minimum age limit.

NomadFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 01:52 AM
Belanger25
ZUES!

Moller has things to work on. I love Moller but I think the guy needs some time in the AHL. It kind of sucks because he's going to tear up the WHL if he goes back but he's not quite NHL ready in my opinion.

This is coming from myself who has a huge man crush on Moller. I was the once said that if Lombardi traded Moller I'd kick him square in the balls.

He only got his 2nd assist because he **** up and the puck went right to Boyle who turned and fired.

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 02:07 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
i hope reaper texts the winner of Clune V. Fedoruk
All Fridge. Clune was hanging on and trying to get something going from close range but was eating a steady stream of lefts. Tough kid though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Ivanans dropped them with Nesbitt.
It was Keefe and Raitis DESTROYED him. Think about a 25 year old fighting a 12 year old. It wen't like that. Keefe is tough though and didn't go down, but he should've. He ate a serious amount of bombs. Bled a lot too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
And now Clune gets in his second fight of the period, this one with Garth Murray.
Crap fight, neither guy landed a thing. Neither guy really threw either. Just a lot of grapling. Neither guy scored the take down either. They both just kid of fell. I was waiting for a rematch of that one but it never came.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
I wonder if Moller could end up usurping Moulson as one of this year's graduates or if MM has been guaranteed a spot regardless of how things go at camp.
Moller looks damn good, but if anyone is going to usurp Moulson, my money is on David Meckler. Hell, he could step in now. I see why KB likes him so much.

Somemore random thoughs. Scott Parse is the suck. I don't see anything but a Noah Clarke light from him.

Why do people hate Trevor Lewis? The kid is going to be an NHL'er sooner than later. He needs to be more physical though.

Voynov reminds me a lot of Dmitri Yushkevich. Not because they're Russian but because he's poised and steady like him. I like that pick so much more.

Hickey looked shaky at times but I can definately see why he was picked where he was. I'm totally fine with that pick.

Brady Murray looks really, really good. I don't envy Lombardi and Murray in their decision making because between, Brady Murray, Meckler, Simmonds and Moller, someone is going down when they probably shouldnt be.

Last edited by Reaper45: 09-23-2008 at 02:25 AM.
Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 02:24 AM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

But - But - But...."LaBarbera was the AHL Goaltender of the year a few years ago!!!! He'll definitely be a #1 Goaltender in the NHL!!"

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 02:28 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post

Why do people hate Trevor Lewis? The kid is going to be an NHL'er sooner than later. He needs to be more physical though.
Thank you! Any time I put him high on our prospects list I get nothing but garbage comin' back. He's not going to dazzle the world but he's the kind of guy who could have a solid spot on most any team after some NHL seasoning. Glad to hear he impressed you

Quote:
Voynov reminds me a lot of Dmitri Yushkevich. Not because they're Russian but because he's poised and steady like him. I like that pick so much more.
Nice comparison, I like it. I like Dmitri when he was here and wouldn't mind a young replacement for him.

Quote:
I don't envy Lombardi and Murray in their decision making because between, Brady Murray, Meckler, Simmonds and Moller, someone is going down when they probably shouldnt be.
Well, while he has not iced a quality NHL team, in this respect Lombardi's plan is working. I don't want to get into all that contract garble, so please keep that to the several other threads dedicated to that stuff. My point is that it's great that there are so many kids who step in, and especially that last, bolded part is a sign that we are shaping up as a solid team. When the inevitable injuries come, we can replace them with good players (atleast at forward) and in a year or two the defense will be the same way.

I'm really liking the depth here, something I don't ever remember us having. I think it will go a long way toward making the season less painful.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 02:28 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Brady Murray looks really, really good. I don't envy Lombardi and Murray in their decision making because between, Brady Murray, Meckler, Simmonds and Moller, someone is going down when they probably shouldnt be.
We must have been watching different games. Brady Murray looked awful tonight. He was almost as bad as Calder.

Moller was all over the ice, had a real strong game today.

LaBarbera was teh suck. I hope the Kings trade him soon.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 02:30 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post

LaBarbera was teh suck. I hope the Kings trade him soon.
Hey, if we could swindle a 7th for Aubin, surely Labs is worth Schneider's cap relief.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 02:30 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
i hope hope to God that the ONE goaltender that no one in the organization seems to care a squirt of piss about pitches a no-no in the 3rd.
Good call. Taylor outplayed LaBarbera.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 02:39 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Did Frolov play at all tonight?

I don't think he practiced on Sunday either.

Anyone know what's up?

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 02:48 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post

Anyone know what's up?
Frolov absolutely practiced on Sunday. Don't know if he played during the scrimmage but he was definitely running drills on Sunday.

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 02:54 AM
Belanger25
ZUES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Frolov absolutely practiced on Sunday. Don't know if he played during the scrimmage but he was definitely running drills on Sunday.
He did not scrimmage, I noticed the same. Practice but no Scrimmage.

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 04:39 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Last edited by Ziggy Stardust: 09-23-2008 at 04:47 AM.
Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 04:51 AM
Petter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

Welcome to Slaughterhouse 41.

Petter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 06:06 AM
Tatsdzyuk
wet fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

Haha i was there my cousin screams out "ey you just got a facial courtesy of IVANANS!"

But Boyle is amazingggggggg. He got the puck turned and shelfed it, my jaw droped lol.

Tatsdzyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 07:25 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post

Anyone know what's up?
I could have swore I heard his name get called during the KC game.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 10:19 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Thanks for correcting me. I only watched the scrimmage.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Fat Elvis

Who were Hickey and VV paired with?

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 10:59 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Yeah, the young guys are making plays and breaking up passes and clearing the front of the net. No one taught Blake, Visnovsky, or Modry how to do any of those things...or they forgot last year...I can't tell which one...
How can you leave Stuart out of the mix?

He easily played the worst of the 4 D mentioned.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 11:10 AM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Yeah, the young guys are making plays and breaking up passes and clearing the front of the net
Novel concept huh?

Flour Child is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Mxpunk

Went to the Kings v. Yotes game last night. Staples Center was pretty empty.

Here are my thoughts:

Kopitar: To me, he looked faster than last season and had no problem skating the puck in the zone and eluding defenders. He looks ready to have a decent season, although he was playing against a bunch of kids on Phoenix.

Brown: Solid like usual and threw his body around.

Voynov: He looked great in the first, constantly rushing the puck up the ice and also making decent breakout passes. In the 2nd and 3rd, he tended to give up the puck a little more. I think he stood out the most amongst the young defenders.

Hickey: Really nothing spectacular. Didn't care much for him, but I realize he will get better with more experience.

Moller: He was good and definitely was noticeable out there. He always seemed to be in the play. He was able to rush the puck up the ice a few times.

Boyle: He threw his body around a little more than last season. His goal was a wrist shot from the slot. I like how he is improving each time I see him. He also made a nice pass on Meckler's goal after Reinprecht overhandled the puck.

Greene: Sloppy skater, but he hits everything that moves. I like him, although his footwork is lacking.

Gauthier: He also threw his body around and took a lot of shots from the point. His assist on Derek Armstrong's second goal was a nice feed from the faceoff circle after pinching in.

Clune: He's ok and is chippy. His skating needs work, and I don't feel we'll be seeing him in the NHL this season.

Ivanans: He had that nice fight against Keefe. Keefe must have done something since the fight was preceded by Ivanans and Armstrong yelling at the Yotes' bench after Armstrong's first goal.

Johnson: He was average. He made a couple bad passes in the D zone, but no major glaring errors.

Parse: Pretty invisible except for receiving nice passes from Kopitar.

Lewis: He's....fast. That's about it.

Murray: He played good positional hockey, through his body around and was also fast.

Harrold: Also unspectacular but played good Peter Harrold hockey.

Calder: Not a fan of this guy, but he did play good along the boards and carry the puck into the zone for some good plays.

Labarbera: Terrible and always out of position. Yandle's goal, although slightly deflected, was atrocious and deflating.

Taylor: Looked quick and composed.

Edit: Forgot about Army. He played his normal game but showed some speed on his first goal (although not blazing). I have always liked his play, even though he is definitely not the most skilled of players.

Last edited by Mxpunk: 09-23-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Mxpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Juice*

Taylor is a buddy of mine, does he have a hope in hell at anything or will they **** him around again?

Juice* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 11:44 AM
ShattStar03

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Thank you! Any time I put him high on our prospects list I get nothing but garbage comin' back. He's not going to dazzle the world but he's the kind of guy who could have a solid spot on most any team after some NHL seasoning. Glad to hear he impressed you

Nice comparison, I like it. I like Dmitri when he was here and wouldn't mind a young replacement for him.

Well, while he has not iced a quality NHL team, in this respect Lombardi's plan is working. I don't want to get into all that contract garble, so please keep that to the several other threads dedicated to that stuff. My point is that it's great that there are so many kids who step in, and especially that last, bolded part is a sign that we are shaping up as a solid team. When the inevitable injuries come, we can replace them with good players (atleast at forward) and in a year or two the defense will be the same way.

I'm really liking the depth here, something I don't ever remember us having. I think it will go a long way toward making the season less painful.
I totally agree with this, I don't know why (especially on LGK) I get a lot of crap for liking Lewis. I thought he played well last night.

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 11:45 AM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
Taylor is a buddy of mine, does he have a hope in hell at anything or will they **** him around again?
He's gotta beat out Ersberg, LaBarbera , and Bernier. He shouldn't have too much trouble beating out LaBarbera

Flour Child is online now   Reply With Quote