HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nedved

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Fataldogg

vCash: 500
Nedved can't skate? That is hilarious. You'd have to be kidding to place him in the category Brendan from last year right? For a second, I thought people around here had hockey smarts. Nedved can skate better than the average player in the NHL. Flat out. His wrist shot is probably the best on the team. And umm... he has been better than Drury and Zheredev. He has more points than Drury and Zheredev combined.... Probably more than Drury, Zheredev, and Gomez combined.... but no one puts them down.... This board is HILARIOUS.

Gomez for the Hart Memorial, Zheredev for the Maurice Richard, and Drury will win the Conn Smythe. Yup, thats how most of the fans feel about our players b/c they're the future and get paid over inflated contracts... that sums it up.

Old
09-25-2008, 06:18 PM
The Lunatic Fridge

Send a message via AIM to The Lunatic Fridge Send a message via MSN to The Lunatic Fridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Nedved can't skate? That is hilarious. You'd have to be kidding to place him in the category Brendan from last year right? For a second, I thought people around here had hockey smarts. Nedved can skate better than the average player in the NHL. Flat out. His wrist shot is probably the best on the team. And umm... he has been better than Drury and Zheredev. He has more points than Drury and Zheredev combined.... Probably more than Drury, Zheredev, and Gomez combined.... but no one puts them down.... This board is HILARIOUS.

Gomez for the Hart Memorial, Zheredev for the Maurice Richard, and Drury will win the Conn Smythe. Yup, thats how most of the fans feel about our players b/c they're the future and get paid over inflated contracts... that sums it up.
What do you expect exactly? (personally i have no problem with nedved at all just so you know)

alot of people still think this is the careless , wide shooting nedved(again not me) and they KNOW drury,gomez ,zherdev etc aren't washed up so of course they are gonna side with them its pretty obvious.

Old
09-25-2008, 08:41 PM
n_a_c

Sam posted a question when discussing Betts and Nedved: "New question of the day: Do the Rangers keep both centers and rotate them in and out of the lineup as needed?"
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

I think that actually is a very interesting idea. With Nedved, I'm most concerned that he wont stay focused all year, and wont be working as hard in March as he is now. So how about just giving him a short leash and telling him he can be the 13th forward. He can still play half or more games, as long as he keeps his intensity up and helps the team.

And I don't think Betts has to be the one to sit when Nedved plays. Has Nedved every played wing?

Interesting that he is playing with Prucha this evening. I wonder if they can find some chemistry.

I can't really find an arguement against signing Nedved for cheap, especially if we don't plan to play him every game.

Old
09-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_a_c View Post
Has Nedved every played wing?
yep. a lot.

Old
09-25-2008, 10:09 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post

totally agree!

Old
09-26-2008, 03:19 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_a_c View Post
Sam posted a question when discussing Betts and Nedved: "New question of the day: Do the Rangers keep both centers and rotate them in and out of the lineup as needed?"
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

I think that actually is a very interesting idea. With Nedved, I'm most concerned that he wont stay focused all year, and wont be working as hard in March as he is now. So how about just giving him a short leash and telling him he can be the 13th forward. He can still play half or more games, as long as he keeps his intensity up and helps the team.

And I don't think Betts has to be the one to sit when Nedved plays. Has Nedved every played wing?

Interesting that he is playing with Prucha this evening. I wonder if they can find some chemistry.

I can't really find an arguement against signing Nedved for cheap, especially if we don't plan to play him every game.
I think that this move having Prucha on third w/ PN would be worth an extended trial. If this fails then I can't imagine Prucha hanging onto a roster spot. Nedved versatility, potential on PP, experience and desire cannot be underestimated at the juncture. We are offensively challenged

Old
09-26-2008, 06:21 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
you made a good point in your post. Everyone is focused on goals. Here we have Dawes, with one NHL season under his belt in which he scored a few, and he's scored zero, and the focus is on Prucha not making the team over Nedved. As well, Prucha has played in two games. To be fair, a player can go the entire preseason without scoring a goal and still not be a bad player. How many games is that? Four? Is that something horrible? And how is his line playing? Are the others on the line being held back by him or is it the same as last year when Prucha had zero chemistry with Drury? I haven't seen, so it's a real question.

I'm not here advocating Prucha being in the opening day lineup. To be honest, the opening day lineup will be what it'll be and I have no control over it. I will comment/criticize, but the reality is I haven't been able to watch the games, practices, and it's tough from a fan's perspective because certain players may not get the chances with other players in which we believe would be successful. I will add that it's tough determining things out of preseason. Glad to see Nedved's making a go at it. I only caution because of the last several years from this guy and remember Esa Tikananen's 6 [or 7] preseason goals during his third go-around and just question if there really is a need for a guy like Nedved on the team, as opposed to going with a different look, and thus was there really even a need for a 'harmless'.
First of all Prucha is looking better then ever before. He is especially more explosive in his skating.

The Dawes-Drury-Prucha have to play a game with small marginals in order to succed. So far thoose marginals have been against them. They have been able to enter the zone, but often been sent the other way right away. That is hardly Prucha's fault.

If anything we are seeing a reaction now because Prucha have missed some chances, while nothing is said about Dawes because he basically haven't created any chances to "miss". I don't know whats worse, or actually I do, its of course worse not to create anything then create and miss...

Drury also actually looks improved.

Things could change somewhat for that line if they get to play behind a real 1st line, instead of beeing the 1st line themselfs, and with some more chemistry. At the same time, the balance on that line is far from optimal.

Its a very tricky situation, like I am sure Renney likes both Dawes and Prucha allot and even starting to expriment with diffrent solutions could have a big negative impact on eithers confidence.

I am wondering though if Renney is considering something like a Nedved-Drury-Prucha line...

Also, on a diffrent subject -- Drury is used as a RW in many lines suggestions. Chris Drury can play LW and C, not RW and he never will play RW either.

Old
09-26-2008, 06:28 AM
Tomas Sandstrom 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
To be honest, I think I would rather go into the season with Korpikoski instead of Prucha at this point. I'm sure Prucha can regain some of his scoring touch, but the guy has no creativity in him whatsoever, unfortunately. Korpikoski can also do a ton that Prucha can't, and has been better in preseason
I agree, i think korpikoski is a better option than either prucha or nedved. I won't lie, i've always hated nedved, way more than even poti. But he did play better than i expected him to this preseason but i don't think it was enough. putting up a few points does not always equal playing well either. prucha is pretty one dimensional and when he's not scoring, he's not really contributing. Korpikoski on the other hand looks to have the ability to contribute in many different ways.

Old
09-26-2008, 07:50 AM
pld459666

Points aside, I think that Nedved makes the team simply because he's been more visable in terms of creating offence.

He's been solid defensively and better than most would have expected offensively which cannot be said for a few other players.

I like Prucha, he's a nice little spunky player, but he's no 3rd liner. He can't create for himself, he's not physical enough for what I expect from a 3rd line and defensively he's not on Nedved's level.

Now, Nedved is no physical guy either, but he's better offensively and defensively and could be that guy that can get the most out of the got-to-the-net wingers like Voros and Fritchie.

Here's what I think our lines should look like after 5 preseason games

Nazzy - Gomer - Zherdev
Drury - Dubinsky - Dawes
Voros/Korpikoski - Nedved - Fritchie
Orr - Betts - Weise

Based on numbers alone, something is going to have to be done witht he following 3 players

Callahan - A nice hustle player, but not someone I see making an impact on this team. Maybe a 4th liner, but I don't know if he's a 3rd liner capable of putting up 15+ goals and 15+ assists

Prucha - I think that he's a good player and could get back to scoring goals, I'm just not sure if Renney's system is suited for his style. The talent and determination is there, but for pete's sake, he's so snake bitten here that is has to be the system.

Rissmiller - Just not sure why they signed this guy. I'm not seeing anything out of him that Greg Moore or PA Parenteau couldn't provide at a few hundred thousand cheaper.

Sjostrom - I am and will remain a fan of his, but he's just another one in a long line of 3rd/4th liners that this team is overflowing with.

It's going to be an intersting season.

Old
09-26-2008, 08:43 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

Nedved

Nedved played LW in Pitt on a line with Jagr, and Lemiuex.

Old
09-26-2008, 08:51 AM
Fletch

ola...

I agree, and personally I don't get real hung-up on missing chances in the preseason. If I counted goals in the preseason I'd be real worried that Nedved's a leader and the top line is without one. It looks as though Prucha did get a big stronger and is a bit better with the puck. He also seems to be skating more in the offensive zone as opposed to waiting at the goalmouth for a pass, and that's a departure from last season. But the question is can they carry him and are they willing to give him a shot. I haven't been for Nedved thus far, but watching he and Prucha play and show chemistry made me think that's a third line that may not be that bad. Of course, it's only one game, and one preseason game at that, but I wouldn't mind seeing if they can continue that as they face tougher competition. But in the end, what kind of team does Renney want to ice. Lots of moving parts.

Old
09-26-2008, 09:02 AM
Mason530

Let's not get hung up in Nedved making the team. I always believe if he and a younger player perform the same way, the team should go with younger player. Trade him for a fifth rounder or something.

PS... It looks like making sense to move Prucha. We all love his passion, but moving him for a couple of mid round picks is both good for him and the team.

Closed Thread