HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preseason: 09/23/08 Buffalo vs Montreal in Roberval 7PM EDT RDS (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2008, 11:11 PM
Locks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
what the hell I don't think him saying he models himself after Streit means that he just gave an okay for being a forward. where do you see that connection, at all?
He said that he is like Streit - an offensive D with a good shot - and that Streit told him to be prepared to accept any role that the team needs to make the team and he is prepared to do so. I think it is pretty easy to deduce that he is implying that he would be prepared to take that Streit's role to make the team. What other role could he be possibly talking about? He understands that he is not ready to play full time D in the NHL, at least not here, so that is his only way to make the team this year. Clever little guy.

Old
09-23-2008, 11:16 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post

Y
The Habs Stats in the 2008 playoffs

Name-Team-Pos-Games-Goals-Assists-Points- +/-

1 Alex Kovalev MTL R 12 5 6 11 -4
2 Tomas Plekanec MTL C 12 4 5 9 -1
3 Saku Koivu MTL C 7 3 6 9 1
4 Andrei Kostitsyn MTL L 12 5 3 8 -4
5 Sergei Kostitsyn MTL L 12 3 5 8 5
6 Patrice Brisebois MTL D 10 1 5 6 -3
7 Christopher Higgins MTL L 12 3 2 5 1
8 Tom Kostopoulos MTL R 12 3 1 4 -1
9 Andrei Markov MTL D 12 1 3 4 0
10 Mark Streit MTL D 11 1 3 4 -1
11 Roman Hamrlik MTL D 12 1 2 3 -3
12 Francis Bouillon MTL D 7 1 2 3 0
13 Michael Komisarek MTL D 12 1 2 3 3
14 Bryan Smolinski MTL C 12 1 2 3 1
15 Maxim Lapierre MTL C 12 0 3 3 -5
16 Josh Gorges MTL D 12 0 3 3 -2
17 Steve Begin MTL L 12 0 3 3 1
18 Guillaume Latendresse MTL R 8 0 1 1 -5
19 Mathieu Dandenault MTL R 9 0 0 0 -3
20 Ryan O'Byrne MTL D 4 0 0 0 -2
21 Michael Ryder MTL R 4 0 0 0 1

Enough said !!

understand ?

Old
09-23-2008, 11:18 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
understand ?

Well, you have to admit that Brisebois was pretty good in the PLayoffs last year, or else gainey wouldn't sign him this year...

Old
09-23-2008, 11:20 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
the blue arrow that is to the left of the thread title.... it is a blue box with a black arrow that points downwards...

It only appears when there are posts you have not read in a thread. It comes right before the first word in the thread title.

The blue arrow thing looks like this

How does the system know if I have read the posts? I might have skipped a few

Old
09-23-2008, 11:20 PM
OnePoll*

Quote:
Well, you have to admit that Brisebois was pretty good in the PLayoffs last year, or else gainey wouldn't sign him this year...

Whats up with the teach smiley?

Old
09-23-2008, 11:25 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:

better stats than any other dman of the Habs . Does that mean that he's better than Markov , Hammer , Komisarek ? no .

The same can be said about Sergei . If he wants to be a part of the new Habs edition , he will need to work a lot harder than what he showed until now .

Old
09-23-2008, 11:29 PM
bib
#believe

Was anyone wearing the C tonight? Just curious, I saw Tanguay and Pleks wearing an A

Old
09-23-2008, 11:30 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlyHockey View Post
Whats up with the teach smiley?
She thinks when she posts, shes teaching people something. The problem is, the only time she says something informative is when the poster has said something dumber than she has.

Then again, the original "Here to Teach" smiley used to be used like crazy by everyone. The new one is just lame.

Old
09-23-2008, 11:32 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

I think people here are overreacting on S. Kostitsyn. Sure he didn't play a good game, but I don't think his job is in danger. Let's not forget he's only 21 and that he's a key element this year for us. Our team is way better with Sergei than without him.

Veterans can't be judged on training camps. Aside from Plekanec, who is always giving it all on the ice, preseason or not, veterans are more often than not letting some room to the rookies to make their proofs. If Pacioretty, Maxwell had that kind of attitude, I'd be disappointed. But the veterans are not even pushing for it right now. They have nothing to gain, and most of them don't want to get hurt.

Sergei will be fine. I just think some people here overevaluate him. He's a good young player, and should be good for 45 points this year. But this summer, he was being described as a much better player than he actually is right now, IMO. Those waiting for 60-75pts from him this year will be disappointed.

Old
09-23-2008, 11:37 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
I wouldn't worry too much about Sergei Kostitsyn. He might be a bit cocky but he's a caracter player, I think he'll come through .

Old
09-23-2008, 11:45 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalery View Post
Was anyone wearing the C tonight? Just curious, I saw Tanguay and Pleks wearing an A
3 As, Tang, Plek and Dandy.

Old
09-23-2008, 11:45 PM
Erika

as for the game:

Ben Maxwell: WOW !!!! This guy looks like Brad Richards version 2.0 !! Awesome rushes, smooth skating ability, good in his own zone. He is now my favorite Habs prospect

Max Pacioretty: Made some good rush to net, but couldn't do much more. Seems like he doesn't like to pass the puck... Looked lost sometimes. Needs more games in the AHL to develop, not ready yet.

Yannick Weber: Looks soft on the Point. Great skating ability. Has a hard shot, but needs some accuracy... Needs work on his positionning in the defensive zone.

Tomas Plekanec: Was just dominant, best player of the Habs.

Andrei Kostitsyn: Looked okay, still rusty

Sergei Kostitsyn: Looked okay, still rusty

Ryan O'Byrne: Played great

Josh Gorges: The same Gorges as the end of the year. Very good.

Alex Tanguay: Looks soft... looks like a perimeter player... great hands and nice vision though... Not sure if he's going to be a playoff warrior...

Ryan Flinn: Useless

Mike Glumac: Career AHLer

David Desharnais: Played okay, showed some offensive skills, but far from the NHL... justr too small...

Mathieu Aubin: Mehhh... Invisible

Olivier Fortier: Mehhh.... Invisible

Alex Henry: Huh ?! He played ?!

Chad Anderson: See Alex Henry

Mathieu Dandenault: Played okay, still an ultra fast skater... it's a shame that's the only thing he can do...

Maxim Lapierre: Played like Lapierre... not running around everywhere, didn't do much...

Old
09-23-2008, 11:51 PM
Philanthropist

my 3

Old
09-23-2008, 11:51 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Clearly it's going too fast for MaxPac 'cause for whoever says that the kid hates to pass the puck, he was always and I've seen enough games in College to know that passing the puck is amongst his strengths. He has a great vision and has very good passing skills. Thing is, he's already been portrayed at the suppose power forward who scores, he knows it and knows that he doesn't have a lot of games to show it.

Once he's done in Hamilton, you'll begin to see his name popping in the assists section as well as in the scoring one.....

Despite all of this, it's a very good showing for a guy who just spent 1 year in College and is going against NHL and AHL'ers.

But obviously, again....and I just don't know why we have to keep repeating this, it's a big step and he can't make right now. We should stop putting players in a starting lineup just because they succeeded in the level before especially when it's 2 or 3 steps down the NHL level. So WARNING.....Ryan McDonagh, once he joins the Habs, WILL NOT be ready to step in as well.....

Old
09-23-2008, 11:53 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
as for the game:

Ben Maxwell: WOW !!!! This guy looks like Brad Richards version 2.0 !! Awesome rushes, smooth skating ability, good in his own zone. He is now my favorite Habs prospect

Max Pacioretty: Made some good rush to net, but couldn't do much more. Seems like he doesn't like to pass the puck... Looked lost sometimes. Needs more games in the AHL to develop, not ready yet.

Yannick Weber: Looks soft on the Point. Great skating ability. Has a hard shot, but needs some accuracy... Needs work on his positionning in the defensive zone.

Tomas Plekanec: Was just dominant, best player of the Habs.

Andrei Kostitsyn: he was really good IMO, he was still rusty but less than his brother IMO

Sergei Kostitsyn: Looked okay, still rusty

Ryan O'Byrne: Played great

Josh Gorges: The same Gorges as the end of the year. Very good.

Alex Tanguay: he layed good body checks and he seemed fearless... going to the net... i dont think we saw the same game man

Ryan Flinn: Useless

Mike Glumac: dont you dare insulting the heart and soul of the habs!! he made a nice play in the off zone... that must count for something

David Desharnais: Played okay, showed some offensive skills, but far from the NHL... justr too small...

Mathieu Aubin: Mehhh... Invisible

Olivier Fortier: I saw him playing well could do nice pass and protect the puck pretty well IMO

Alex Henry: Huh ?! He played ?!

Chad Anderson: See Alex Henry

Mathieu Dandenault: Played okay, still an ultra fast skater... it's a shame that's the only thing he can do...

Maxim Lapierre: Played like Lapierre... not running around everywhere, didn't do much...

tHave we seen the same game?

Old
09-23-2008, 11:55 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
tHave we seen the same game?
All Humans doesn't have the same perception of they see my dear. You have you're own opinion, can I have mine without being bashed every time ?!

Old
09-23-2008, 11:57 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
All Humans doesn't have the same perception of they see my dear. You have you're own opinion, can I have mine without being bashed every time ?!

i was not bashing you in facts... you dont need to be that defensive...

i'm just pointing what you just said... we did not have the same perception of this game and it is okay

Old
09-23-2008, 11:59 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I know it's only preseason.....I know it's only 2 games but can I still say something.....I'm dissapointed in Lapierre so far. Don't know, was expecting more, more hustle, more offensive chances, I still see the Lapierre who's running on the ice chasing people and going back to the bench for then coming back on the ice, running and chasing people....

Somebody, somewhere, will realize that this guy does not belong at the center position.....

Let's see if he improves, but can you really improve a lot your hockey sense in a few weeks????

Old
09-23-2008, 11:59 PM
Teufelsdreck

We owe it to the obnoxious one to remind her when Little Brother does have an exemplary game. So far, Plekanec and Big Brother have carried him like babysitters while they do the heavy lifting.

Here to teach ducks how to swim and to avoid spreadng avian influenza.

Old
09-24-2008, 12:01 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
We owe it to the obnoxious one to remind her when Little Brother does have an exemplary game. So far, Plekanec and Big Brother have carried him like babysitters while they do the heavy lifting.

Here to teach ducks how to swim and to avoid spreadng avian influenza.
hey dude, do you knew that the german signification of your username meant dirt devil?

Old
09-24-2008, 12:01 AM
GoMarkov79

[QUOTE=Erika Kostitsyn;15549711]as for the game:

I agree with you, Maxwell is the most ready prospect so far and he's far ahead of Chipchura. He's gonna take Lang's place next year!

Old
09-24-2008, 12:02 AM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I know it's only preseason.....I know it's only 2 games but can I still say something.....I'm dissapointed in Lapierre so far. Don't know, was expecting more, more hustle, more offensive chances, I still see the Lapierre who's running on the ice chasing people and going back to the bench for then coming back on the ice, running and chasing people....

Somebody, somewhere, will realize that this guy does not belong at the center position.....

Let's see if he improves, but can you really improve a lot your hockey sense in a few weeks????
Agreed on this... Chipchura might has a chance here...

Old
09-24-2008, 12:07 AM
Macbeth

Quote:
Agreed on this... Chipchura might has a chance here...
No "Here to help" smiley !!!

OMGBBQ !

Das so awsum.

Old
09-24-2008, 12:08 AM
Philanthropist

My 3 stars:

1.Sergei Kostitsyn
2.Sergei Kostitsyn
3.Sergei Kostitsyn

Old