HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Colin Wilson Vs Cody Hodgson

View Poll Results: Colin Wilson or Cody Hodgson??
Colin Wilson 40 30.30%
Cody Hodgson 92 69.70%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-23-2008, 12:44 AM
  #1
Grub
First Line Troll
 
Grub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 883
Colin Wilson Vs Cody Hodgson

Who would you rather have in the team?

Colin Wilson, led team America in the worlds, big presence and is outstanding in NCAA hockey. Leadership and a big guy, is very strong in corners. Captain Material expect big things from him this season. He is not scared to go to the dirty places and score.

Cody Hodgson, Captained team Canada to gold and led in scoring during the tournament. Named smartest player in the Eastern Ontario Hockey league by coaches and has great vision on ice. Leadership is outstanding, Registered 5 points in 2 games during Rookies Tournament.





My choice is Hodgson because he is the most nhl ready. I still can't believe we picked Joshua Bailey... we skipped filatov.. boedker....

Grub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 12:46 AM
  #2
JannikAtTheDisco
No panic it's Jannik
 
JannikAtTheDisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: a van in vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,734
vCash: 500
Gotta go with Hodgson because he could easily make the Canucks, where as Wilson will be in college a few more years, but I know Wilson is a great prospect. Since they were drafted within three spots of each other, I'd guess they are about even.

JannikAtTheDisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 12:56 AM
  #3
Cone
Registered User
 
Cone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,227
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cone
Hodgson. Wilson gets the leadership tag, he's a physical specimen and all, and he hits and he out works people, but at the end of the day Hodgson's hockey sense trumps him. He's a smarter more talented offensive player. He may not be very fast or very strong, but he's better.

Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 01:16 AM
  #4
serge2k
Registered User
 
serge2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chone View Post
Hodgson. Wilson gets the leadership tag, he's a physical specimen and all, and he hits and he out works people, but at the end of the day Hodgson's hockey sense trumps him. He's a smarter more talented offensive player. He may not be very fast or very strong, but he's better.
weren't his results at the combine very good?

He's not as strong as wilson but for his size I thought he was solid.

Hodgson, he's a canuck.

Seriously, he's got talent. Haven't seen wilson.

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 02:15 AM
  #5
Jonathan Iilahti*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,783
vCash: 500
The only thing Wilson beat him at was bench press.

Jonathan Iilahti* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 02:20 AM
  #6
ronnyweed
Registered User
 
ronnyweed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,619
vCash: 500
I think the CHL develops better players than the american colleges 90% of the time, hodgson wins here

ronnyweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 10:57 AM
  #7
Bobby Lou
We Surrender
 
Bobby Lou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Crease
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,332
vCash: 500
Haven't seen Wilson, and I'm pretty unfamiliar with his game, but based on how Hodgson looks so far Wilson would have to be one heck of a prospect to be better then Cody currently.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 07:03 PM
  #8
BakedGoodness
 
BakedGoodness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders25 View Post
My choice is Hodgson because he is the most nhl ready. I still can't believe we picked Joshua Bailey... we skipped filatov.. boedker....
I think you're wrong here.. The Islanders had the 9th pick, unless you're saying you just missed out on those guys, Filatov and Boedker went 6th and 8th respectively. EDIT: I forgot, the Islanders traded pick for pick , I guess they wanted quantity over quality?

On draft day? I would have taken Wilson, there was just more hype there. Now I take Hodgson, hard to go wrong with a determined, talented, smart Canadian.

On Josh Bailey, I was a little surprised to hear the Islanders take him. As a Nuck fan, I was ready (well hoping) for our GM to announce whichever of Beach or Hodgson fell to us. We sure know what it feels like to have the fan base consensus pick passed on for a slightly off chart player (though Bailey barely fell into that category).


Last edited by BakedGoodness: 09-23-2008 at 07:14 PM.
BakedGoodness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 07:12 PM
  #9
Luongo2008*
 
Luongo2008*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,870
vCash: 500
Cody Hodgson

Luongo2008* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 08:04 PM
  #10
Grub
First Line Troll
 
Grub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakedGoodness View Post
I think you're wrong here.. The Islanders had the 9th pick, unless you're saying you just missed out on those guys, Filatov and Boedker went 6th and 8th respectively. EDIT: I forgot, the Islanders traded pick for pick , I guess they wanted quantity over quality?

On draft day? I would have taken Wilson, there was just more hype there. Now I take Hodgson, hard to go wrong with a determined, talented, smart Canadian.

On Josh Bailey, I was a little surprised to hear the Islanders take him. As a Nuck fan, I was ready (well hoping) for our GM to announce whichever of Beach or Hodgson fell to us. We sure know what it feels like to have the fan base consensus pick passed on for a slightly off chart player (though Bailey barely fell into that category).
Yea i meant we traded picks. You canucks didn't experience the sorrow that i had . At first I was like SWEET OMG Filatov Filatov!!! please please! Then wtf??? WHY !! WHY... Oh well we got more picks now in this deep draft good, but at least now we can go for Boedker or Cody Hodgson...WTH OMG,, My boedker... NOOOO.... Ok i guess we got more picks now... 9th pick time CODY HODGSON TIME!!!! wtf.....what the.... ..who..the ..HELLL... is Joshua BAILEY...Honestly Who the hell is JOSHUA BAILEY

This is when i basictly turn of the tv and cried a little inside...

Grub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 02:11 AM
  #11
Brassballers*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 722
vCash: 500
Hodgson's having a very good training camp. They're already dubbing him the next Trevor Linden. Not based on his game, but his NHL readiness, maturity, and leadership qualities.

Brassballers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 05:30 PM
  #12
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW
 
ShawnTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 8,882
vCash: 500
Hodgson cuz I just picked him in my keeper league.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 05:57 PM
  #13
dangler71
Registered User
 
dangler71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Potsdam, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 598
vCash: 500
Hodgson, because Wilson isn't that great of a skater.

dangler71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 10:01 PM
  #14
Luongo2008*
 
Luongo2008*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,870
vCash: 500
hodgson

Luongo2008* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 11:26 PM
  #15
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,339
vCash: 500
Wilson is dominating the NCAA right now, and the #1 reason the Terriers are off to such a great start

New Sabres Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 11:40 PM
  #16
moose3322
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSlug View Post
Wilson is dominating the NCAA right now, and the #1 reason the Terriers are off to such a great start
Hodgson: 11GP, 12 goals, 9 assists, 21 points.

moose3322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 12:30 AM
  #17
Aqualung
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Oregon
Country: United States
Posts: 1,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSlug View Post
Wilson is dominating the NCAA right now, and the #1 reason the Terriers are off to such a great start
I can actually make that argument for Hodgson using stats:

Brampton started off 8GP 2W 6L

Hodgson joins the team:

Brampton 18GP 12W 6L

Brampton are right now division leaders.

Hodgson's their captain, leader, and do-everything man. From key faceoffs, PP, PK, to even fighting.

11GP 12G 9A 21PTS

He is insane right now.

Aqualung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 12:48 AM
  #18
KeanuReeves
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbunnyfufu View Post
I can actually make that argument for Hodgson using stats:

Brampton started off 8GP 2W 6L

Hodgson joins the team:

Brampton 18GP 12W 6L

Brampton are right now division leaders.

Hodgson's their captain, leader, and do-everything man. From key faceoffs, PP, PK, to even fighting.

11GP 12G 9A 21PTS

He is insane right now.
yea, thats with a suspension thrown in there too, which is always cool to see from someone who is considered a very smart and respected player (shows passion, ability to stick up for the team, etc)

oh and his supporting cast in Brampton is not very impressive, making Hodgson all the more impressive

not to take away from Wilson too, these guys will have pretty similar careers imo, but I feel Hodgson will have the greater overall impact

KeanuReeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 02:04 AM
  #19
AgentNaslund*
 
AgentNaslund*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbunnyfufu View Post
I can actually make that argument for Hodgson using stats:

Brampton started off 8GP 2W 6L

Hodgson joins the team:

Brampton 18GP 12W 6L

Brampton are right now division leaders.

Hodgson's their captain, leader, and do-everything man. From key faceoffs, PP, PK, to even fighting.

11GP 12G 9A 21PTS

He is insane right now.

http://www.guelphstorm.com/media/video?channel=2

theres a panel on the right side scroll down to the nov 2nd highlites were quelf play Brampton.

Cody Hodgson have every skillselt of the game.

He can score goals by wrist shots, slap, snap shots(some players cant)
He can run a powerplay down low or as a pointman, he can slap it like a point man, and he was earlier suspended due to fight. The guy is insane.

How is Wilson doing? I remember alot of Canuck fans were happy to draft him too.

AgentNaslund* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 03:14 AM
  #20
timw33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentNaslund View Post
http://www.guelphstorm.com/media/video?channel=2

theres a panel on the right side scroll down to the nov 2nd highlites were quelf play Brampton.

Cody Hodgson have every skillselt of the game.

He can score goals by wrist shots, slap, snap shots(some players cant)
He can run a powerplay down low or as a pointman, he can slap it like a point man, and he was earlier suspended due to fight. The guy is insane.

How is Wilson doing? I remember alot of Canuck fans were happy to draft him too.
Wilson is having another very strong season in the NCAA by all accounts.

timw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 07:40 AM
  #21
TimeZone
Swedish Sensation
 
TimeZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lost
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,212
vCash: 500
Cody Hodgson

TimeZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 07:45 AM
  #22
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
I'd be surprised if Wilson came close to Hodgson.

People took one look at Wilson's physique & assumed it makes one a more proficient scorer. There's no substitute for talent & intelligence folks(not that Wilson is a slouch in that dept).

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 09:27 AM
  #23
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****
 
NFITO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,857
vCash: 500
by the sounds of it, Hodgson is having a MVP season in the OHL this year... I should check out some of his games this year as it's not too far from where I am.

Is there a deficiency in his game? I know that he needed to improve on his skating, but has apparently done that in the offseason with the canucks trainers, and looks like he's focused on continuing that improvement.

He's got a great shot, solid passer, great vision, strong character, leader, and everything else... I must be blinded by my homerism, because to me he looks like the real deal that can be a top level player in the NHL. Surely there must be something wrong here... he is after all a canuck draft pick!

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 10:18 AM
  #24
dubey
~manlets~
 
dubey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,570
vCash: 500
Hodgson

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 03:47 PM
  #25
evgeni71
Registered User
 
evgeni71's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders25 View Post
Yea i meant we traded picks. You canucks didn't experience the sorrow that i had . At first I was like SWEET OMG Filatov Filatov!!! please please! Then wtf??? WHY !! WHY... Oh well we got more picks now in this deep draft good, but at least now we can go for Boedker or Cody Hodgson...WTH OMG,, My boedker... NOOOO.... Ok i guess we got more picks now... 9th pick time CODY HODGSON TIME!!!! wtf.....what the.... ..who..the ..HELLL... is Joshua BAILEY...Honestly Who the hell is JOSHUA BAILEY

This is when i basictly turn of the tv and cried a little inside...
This made me lol.

evgeni71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.