HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT--PRE-SEASON--Toronto Maple Leafs Vs. Pittsburgh Penguins--7:30 pm EST, Sep. 24/08

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-23-2008, 01:57 PM
  #26
cupcrazyman
In Shanny We Trust
 
cupcrazyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaflover View Post
Well if they keep playing well they might.I think Pogge's performance last night was the driving force behind his being rewarded tonights entire game.Schenn i expect will see action in a few more but with the logjam on D and his expected return to junior it makes sense to try others that aren't as easy to place if they don't make it.
he can play in 9 regular season NHL games before a decision is made to return him to the WHL.because of his age its the NHL or back to Jr.i'm pretty sure he will be sent back to the WHL & with the log jam there will definately be 1 guy sent to the Marlies & one guy traded or waived etc.

cupcrazyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 01:59 PM
  #27
Suntouchable13
Registered User
 
Suntouchable13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcrazyman View Post
i don't know but i hope Schenn & Pogge play in all the pre-season games.
Don't you think they need to give Vesa a game or two before the regular season starts?

Suntouchable13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 01:59 PM
  #28
Jordan
Registered User
 
Jordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjindaho View Post
7:30 EST or 10:30 EST on TSN2...it's quickly becoming my new favorite channel...
TSN lists it as being on the main channel at 7:30 with a repeat on TSN2 at 10:30, just to avoid any confusion.

Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 02:04 PM
  #29
grind your soul
Belak forever
 
grind your soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,526
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to grind your soul Send a message via MSN to grind your soul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
TSN lists it as being on the main channel at 7:30 with a repeat on TSN2 at 10:30, just to avoid any confusion.
Thank goodness. Rogers doesn't carry TSN2 yet, last I checked. I gotta have my Leafs fix! I was getting sick and tired of LeafsTV's replays of "Game in an Hour" from the past few seasons.

Hoping to see some Schenn-on-Crosby goodness.

grind your soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 02:06 PM
  #30
leaflover
New hope
 
leaflover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: beautiful B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,921
vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcrazyman View Post
he can play in 9 regular season NHL games before a decision is made to return him to the WHL.because of his age its the NHL or back to Jr.i'm pretty sure he will be sent back to the WHL & with the log jam there will definately be 1 guy sent to the Marlies & one guy traded or waived etc.
Its a double edged sword keeping Schenn around for regular season action.Great experience for him but not so great for the numbers game.It means an additional roster player is either sat or exposed.
I'd be a little surprised if he saw regular season action but if his preseason play warrants it, thats great.

leaflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 02:12 PM
  #31
Jordan
Registered User
 
Jordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaflover View Post
Its a double edged sword keeping Schenn around for regular season action.Great experience for him but not so great for the numbers game.It means an additional roster player is either sat or exposed.
I'd be a little surprised if he saw regular season action but if his preseason play warrants it, thats great.
It also means he qualifies for UFA-status at 25.

Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 02:20 PM
  #32
EazyB97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 27,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
It also means he qualifies for UFA-status at 25.
I don't think it does, I believe he can go back after his 9 games and not have it count against him for UFA status.

EazyB97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 02:29 PM
  #33
Khabby
Registered User
 
Khabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,452
vCash: 500
Ahaha, I like to see that my Title template was used

Khabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 02:29 PM
  #34
Jordan
Registered User
 
Jordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyB97 View Post
I don't think it does, I believe he can go back after his 9 games and not have it count against him for UFA status.
Yeah, I was going on the assumption that he'd be around for the entire season.

But I don't see that happening. I think he either cracks the roster out of camp and sticks, or heads back to Kelowna before the season starts.

Also, in terms of the game, Pittsburgh has cut their roster down to 29 players, so expect most of their regulars to be playing.

Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 02:30 PM
  #35
Lansdown
Registered User
 
Lansdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethirakith View Post
Ahaha, I like to see that my Title template was used
Although it would be nice if the date was in the title.

Lansdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 02:59 PM
  #36
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 22,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lansdown View Post
Although it would be nice if the date was in the title.

If you're a fan, you should know when the game is

I just copied and pasted the other title and just changed team names

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 03:04 PM
  #37
ACC1224
Steelers 5 - 3
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: vs. Ravens
Posts: 28,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lansdown View Post
Although it would be nice if the date was in the title.
I thought it was tomorrow.....guess it's tonight?

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 03:10 PM
  #38
Lansdown
Registered User
 
Lansdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 852
vCash: 500
I'm 99.9999% sure it's tomorrow. The misnomer "GDT" got me excited -- Damn you guys!

Lansdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 03:13 PM
  #39
Suntouchable13
Registered User
 
Suntouchable13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lansdown View Post
I'm 99.9999% sure it's tomorrow. The misnomer "GDT" got me excited -- Damn you guys!
It's tomorrow 100%. The Jays game is on TSN tonight, and the Leafs game is on TSN tomorrow.

Suntouchable13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 03:20 PM
  #40
ACC1224
Steelers 5 - 3
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: vs. Ravens
Posts: 28,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lansdown View Post
I'm 99.9999% sure it's tomorrow. The misnomer "GDT" got me excited -- Damn you guys!
Thought the same.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 03:20 PM
  #41
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all
 
Squiffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo View Post
TSN2?? When did this happen? and is there an HD version? what channel is it in downtown toronto on rogers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by grind your soul View Post
Thank goodness. Rogers doesn't carry TSN2 yet, last I checked. I gotta have my Leafs fix! I was getting sick and tired of LeafsTV's replays of "Game in an Hour" from the past few seasons.

Hoping to see some Schenn-on-Crosby goodness.
Rogers still isn't carrying TSN2, but it will get there eventually. Should be available in HD as well when it finally gets on. You can check what channel it's on depending on your provider here.

__________________
bWo: If you don't know, you should know... Buds WORLD Order Constitution
Adj: "Squiffy" - stupefied by a chemical substance (esp. alcohol)

R.I.P. Darryl buddy... it was too soon.. too soon
Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 04:16 PM
  #42
leaflover
New hope
 
leaflover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: beautiful B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,921
vCash: 1250
It might be worth doing what the Kings did and played 2 games with a split squad last night.Wilson can watch video of one squad and coach the other then switch for the next pair of games.
We may have done that ourselves way back when, not sure though.

leaflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 04:20 PM
  #43
alienanton*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Leaf Nation
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,061
vCash: 500
thank god for TSN2...

i got class at 7 tomorrow night, so 10:30 is perfect!

just have to avoid spoilers for an hour or so lol...

alienanton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 04:21 PM
  #44
Metallian*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 13,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
If you're a fan, you should know when the game is

I just copied and pasted the other title and just changed team names
GDT = Game Day Tomorrow

Metallian* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 05:09 PM
  #45
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..
 
HellasLEAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Greece
Posts: 11,215
vCash: 500
12 - 0 Leafs

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 05:22 PM
  #46
Patrick96
 
Patrick96's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 988
vCash: 500
Or you can go on Mapleleafs.com and watch live by just making a account and logging in. It's really good quality.

Patrick96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 05:43 PM
  #47
mooseOAK*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 42,437
vCash: 500
Wilson said that Pogge is playing the whole game tomorrow night.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 06:30 PM
  #48
The Saurus
Registered User
 
The Saurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyB97 View Post
Cujo's a reactionary goalie who has always been weak positionally. Usually that doesn't make for a good coach/mentor.
CuJo is an NHL goaltender. He may have his own style but you better believe that he knows ALL the in's and out's of every popular goaltending technique out there. Hell, I know mostly everything and Junior A was the highest level I've played.

He'll be a great mentor and as in every teaching situation: you provide your students with the tools but it's up to student to put it all together.

Lets see how Pogge does this year.

The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 08:35 PM
  #49
EazyB97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 27,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThePeople View Post
CuJo is an NHL goaltender. He may have his own style but you better believe that he knows ALL the in's and out's of every popular goaltending technique out there. Hell, I know mostly everything and Junior A was the highest level I've played.

He'll be a great mentor and as in every teaching situation: you provide your students with the tools but it's up to student to put it all together.

Lets see how Pogge does this year.
He knows them, but he isn't necessarily a great role model for Pogge's style and knowing them doesn't mean he can teach them. I expect he'll help him with preparation and such moreso than anything, but I think Hirsch will have a larger impact on his style and movement in the net.

EazyB97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 09:46 PM
  #50
The Big Swede
Registered User
 
The Big Swede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gatineau,Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo View Post
TSN2?? When did this happen? and is there an HD version? what channel is it in downtown toronto on rogers?
TSN National

It should be on Tsn not TSN 2

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.