HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game Day Live Chatroom

Closed Thread

Old
07-01-2013, 05:13 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

vCash: 500
I don't think a lot of you guys know how much of a steal Oliver was at #89.

A couple statements from around the web:

"With that third rounder, the Jackets pulled off a minor steal in drafting Dane Oliver Bjorkstrand of the Portland Winterhawks.”

"Oliver Bjorkstrand was an absolute steal for CBJ in the 3rd round at #89. Honestly, I would’ve placed him above Petan."

You guys be sure to ask if you need to know more about the kid, plenty of Danish fans here to talk about him

He was not projected to go that low, that is for sure.. Some teams have gone past him due to size issues.. But the kid is very elusive and often, more often than not, comes out of board battles with the puck.

He has a very sneaky shot and can shoot from everywhere with little release space. He also forechecks like mad for a smallish player.

The same goes for Söberg, believe it or not, kid was actually projected to go in the top 20 at one point.

GREAT DRAFTING, you should give your scouts more credit.

Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 07-01-2013 at 05:20 AM.
Old
07-01-2013, 06:45 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
I don't think a lot of you guys know how much of a steal Oliver was at #89.

A couple statements from around the web:

"With that third rounder, the Jackets pulled off a minor steal in drafting Dane Oliver Bjorkstrand of the Portland Winterhawks.”

"Oliver Bjorkstrand was an absolute steal for CBJ in the 3rd round at #89. Honestly, I would’ve placed him above Petan."

You guys be sure to ask if you need to know more about the kid, plenty of Danish fans here to talk about him

He was not projected to go that low, that is for sure.. Some teams have gone past him due to size issues.. But the kid is very elusive and often, more often than not, comes out of board battles with the puck.

He has a very sneaky shot and can shoot from everywhere with little release space. He also forechecks like mad for a smallish player.

The same goes for Söberg, believe it or not, kid was actually projected to go in the top 20 at one point.

GREAT DRAFTING, you should give your scouts more credit.
Thanks, IGN, all info on these kids is welcome.

Old
07-01-2013, 06:48 AM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
We are, altho there's some difficulty 'cause the registration lapsed again due to my laziness.

Skraut's stuck around so the channel's still ours, but he's also been unresponsive on there for like a month. So... dunno.
I'm op in the channel again, and will keep it idling in there until it gets registered again if that is what we want to do.

Old
07-01-2013, 07:16 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
I'm op in the channel again, and will keep it idling in there until it gets registered again if that is what we want to do.
If I don't hear back from Macserv, I'm going to go a-hunting for where HFChat wandered off to (I think irc.rizon.net, but I'm not sure) and do a little migration. Mibbit.net's periodic timeouts are rather annoying, so I'm not fond of the IRC network. We can keep the webclient, tho.

EDIT:
Well, I haven't heard back from Macserv, so I'm taking over for this season until further notice, and have created a new thread for that purpose.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!

Last edited by Viqsi: 09-15-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Closed Thread