HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers Preds Proposal

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-25-2004, 08:35 AM
  #1
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Rangers Preds Proposal

How about this deal?

Brian Leetch and Matthew Barnaby to Predators for RW Adam Hall, Jordan Tootoo and Simon Gamache?


Predators get a good offensive dman that can help the Preds youth out and Preds get more grit in Barnaby, he can help protect the smaller guys like Sullivan and it would take pressure off Walker of fighting alot.

How would Rangers fans feel about this deal?

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline  
Old
02-25-2004, 08:42 AM
  #2
allrevvedup25
Registered User
 
allrevvedup25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 313
vCash: 500
If I were the Rangers, I take this deal and run like the wind!!!! But unfortunately, Tootoo is going nowhere, he is a huge fan favorite and people go just to see him. As well, the Preds already have Timmonen and Zidlicky for the powerplay so Leetch is not needed for that aspect and Adam Hall is big and has tonnes of potential and is a future powerforward so all in all, this deal has no hope in happening. We will have to give more than that to get Tootoo and Hall and I am a huge Leetch fan.

allrevvedup25 is offline  
Old
02-25-2004, 08:55 AM
  #3
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by allrevvedup25
If I were the Rangers, I take this deal and run like the wind!!!! But unfortunately, Tootoo is going nowhere, he is a huge fan favorite and people go just to see him. As well, the Preds already have Timmonen and Zidlicky for the powerplay so Leetch is not needed for that aspect and Adam Hall is big and has tonnes of potential and is a future powerforward so all in all, this deal has no hope in happening. We will have to give more than that to get Tootoo and Hall and I am a huge Leetch fan.


But at least the Preds are in the playoffs as of now, and what is their payroll, its alot lower than ours. Its all about coaching, u can have a lot of superstars but if they all try to do their own thing, the team wont go anywhere. Hockey is a team game. If the players dont play for each other, the team wont go anywhere.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline  
Old
02-25-2004, 10:48 AM
  #4
rootin tootin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 40
vCash: 500
YUCK!!

Tootoo is just a energy guy, I'm sorry but no one goes to see energy players. They go to see stars, no one we get is anything more then a third liner!!

Leetch is going to retire a Ranger if that's the best we can do.

rootin tootin is offline  
Old
02-25-2004, 11:18 AM
  #5
BLACKBURN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootin tootin
YUCK!!

Tootoo is just a energy guy, I'm sorry but no one goes to see energy players. They go to see stars, no one we get is anything more then a third liner!!

Leetch is going to retire a Ranger if that's the best we can do.
Ive been watching "star" players for seven seasons. Id much rather watch energy players.

BLACKBURN is offline  
Old
02-25-2004, 11:24 AM
  #6
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 20,486
vCash: 500
I'd actually like to watch....

players that complement each other. Each team needs its share of stars and grinders, and some guys in between (guys who can play it tough and still get 20-25 goals, or play well on defense and be solid, but not spectacular all-around). That, coupled with a coaching system that makes sense - where guys play on lines that make sense. Where players have certain roles/assignments. Where accountability means something. Where defensemen don't look so lost because they've been trying to play certain systems that don't work. Where teams practice, together, regularly, to become more complementary.

In essence, a team that makes sense.

Fletch is offline  
Old
02-25-2004, 12:26 PM
  #7
Potter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Bridgewater NJ
Posts: 331
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Potter
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootin tootin
YUCK!!

Tootoo is just a energy guy, I'm sorry but no one goes to see energy players. They go to see stars, no one we get is anything more then a third liner!!

Leetch is going to retire a Ranger if that's the best we can do.
watch tootoo play and i think you'll change your mind. and again ill stress we've been watching stars for years and it has been anything but entertaining. hockey fans love the lunchpail guys

Potter is offline  
Old
02-25-2004, 12:53 PM
  #8
allrevvedup25
Registered User
 
allrevvedup25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter
watch tootoo play and i think you'll change your mind. and again ill stress we've been watching stars for years and it has been anything but entertaining. hockey fans love the lunchpail guys
I totally agree with you Potter, I watched this guy last year at the World Junior Championships in 2002 at Halifax and he was the talk of the Tourney!!! Tootoo keeps fans on the edge of their seats because of his energy and love for the game!! Also because he hits everything that moves and is not afraid to drop the gloves!!!

allrevvedup25 is offline  
Old
02-25-2004, 01:29 PM
  #9
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
How about this deal?

Brian Leetch and Matthew Barnaby to Predators for RW Adam Hall, Jordan Tootoo and Simon Gamache?


Predators get a good offensive dman that can help the Preds youth out and Preds get more grit in Barnaby, he can help protect the smaller guys like Sullivan and it would take pressure off Walker of fighting alot.

How would Rangers fans feel about this deal?
Two RW's & a small AHL player?

I think for Leetch & Barnaby we could do better.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
02-25-2004, 01:41 PM
  #10
kazo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Plymouth, MA
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootin tootin
YUCK!!

Tootoo is just a energy guy, I'm sorry but no one goes to see energy players. They go to see stars, no one we get is anything more then a third liner!!

Leetch is going to retire a Ranger if that's the best we can do.
You're absolutely right. The star route is the only way to go.

How about Garth Murray, Dominic Moore, and a second rounder for Ron Francis? Talk him out of retiring and we're all set.

kazo is offline  
Old
02-25-2004, 04:31 PM
  #11
nyr7andcounting
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,919
vCash: 500
How about Barnaby for Kloucek!

nyr7andcounting is offline  
Old
02-25-2004, 04:41 PM
  #12
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr7andcounting
How about Barnaby for Kloucek!
Kloucek was traded to Atlanta quite a while ago.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
02-25-2004, 05:06 PM
  #13
ddheyman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Cliffside Park, NJ
Posts: 374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Kloucek was traded to Atlanta quite a while ago.
I think he was asking to reacquire Kloucek in exchange for Barnaby.

ddheyman is offline  
Old
02-25-2004, 05:50 PM
  #14
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,397
vCash: 500
Noone disputing you need energy guys, but you dont trade Leetch who can still be a top d-man for another 4-5 years for one. Leetch can still play. He's 35, but we all saw Bourque play great hockey until 40 and Stevens is still elite at age 40.

Barnaby is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.