HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Montreal Impact..Concacaf Champions League and USL playoffs

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2008, 11:02 PM
usernam

vCash: 500
What a bad decision by the refs..If the goalie went out of his box (and he didn't) , it's a straight red, counted as a hand ball. Whatever, Impact won.

Old
10-01-2008, 11:02 PM
CareyPrice x 31

vCash: 3907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
What the **** is that free kick for?
ref said Jordan left his box...bs call

Old
10-01-2008, 11:05 PM
mrCoffea*

woo, I caught the last seconds and it seems like they won

this is amazing

too bad every time I see them live they NEVER score

It's also typical that they start playing amazing now that they are in the new stadium, up until last year I could watch their games from my terrace, I live on the last floor of one of the new condos next to claude robillard

You couldn't really see well because of some trees, but it was fun to have it on tv and to hear the sounds happening outside the house

Old
10-01-2008, 11:08 PM
les3couleurs

Anyone has any idea where the Impact could play their quarterfinals home game ? They are scheduled for end of February, early March.

Old
10-01-2008, 11:40 PM
MastaK

What a game by the Impact once again. This team is unstoppable!

October 21, Olimpia plays at the Saputo Stadium...there's probably gonna be lots of Olimpia/Honduras fans...so Montreal fans, come to the game!! Can't let them take over our stadium! The Impact deserve better than this!

Old
10-01-2008, 11:41 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaK View Post
What a game by the Impact once again. This team is unstoppable!

October 21, Olimpia plays at the Saputo Stadium...there's probably gonna be lots of Olimpia/Honduras fans...so Montreal fans, come to the game!! Can't let them take over our stadium! The Impact deserve better than this!
I will try to come I HATE HONDURAS!

Old
10-01-2008, 11:42 PM
CareyPrice x 31

Im probably gonna have a hockey practice but if I dont, I will be at the game on the 21st

Old
10-02-2008, 12:31 AM
Woland

HUGE WIN TONIGHT !!!!

I got tickets to the next game against Honduras. It's going to be awesome !!!

question : Why does Baseball have priority over the Impact on their website ? Do Quebecois still actually care about Baseball ??? These jokers need to set their priorities straight

Old
10-02-2008, 01:56 AM
Erika

Wooooooooooo !! What a win Ohhh my goooood !!!!

Impact are awesome !!

We won even though we missed:

No Peter Byers (he is our Fernando Torres)
No Sandro Grande (he is our Zidane)
No Felix Brillant (he is our Pavel Nedved)
No Gabriel Gervais (he is our Fabio Cannavaro)
No Patrick Leduc (he is our Carles Puyol)

I will be at the Game againts Olympia on October 21st !!

Old
10-02-2008, 03:06 AM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
Im probably gonna have a hockey practice but if I dont, I will be at the game on the 21st
Habs won't even play that night, so it might be the right time for me to go watch Impact for the first time.

Old
10-02-2008, 07:21 AM
Woland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post

Impact are awesome !!

lol ...

Old
10-02-2008, 07:28 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Another huge 3 points by the Impact.This was the most important game of the stage IMO and we came out of it with 3 points

Old
10-02-2008, 07:36 AM
StanAjax

Quote:
From the only Impact game I saw live, Gabriel Gervais reminded me Danny Blind, the former great Ajax captain. Physically, I mean. But they also play the same position (anchor of the defense, kind of like a sweeper but in a 4 men defense) and Gervais is the player that looked to me above all the others on the pitch. It was 2 years ago, though...

Old
10-02-2008, 08:00 AM
deandebean

I just can't imagine a soccer game in Montreal in...February. Because that's what's going to happen if they continue performing well in the Concacaf Champion's League.

Old
10-02-2008, 08:20 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
I just can't imagine a soccer game in Montreal in...February. Because that's what's going to happen if they continue performing well in the Concacaf Champion's League.
Well it's going to be at the Big O for sure,Last year's FIFA tournament was a succes so why wouldn't they be able to do this in February?Nothing to worry about

Old
10-02-2008, 08:34 AM
Newhabfan

That was an highly impressive game - watched it on Bold (btw it seems to me that CBS is using the Impact games to promote their secondary (paid) channel - there is no possible reason not to show this game live at 10pm!).

The english analyst qualified this result as "the best canadian soccer performance at club level in history". The Cinderella story this year will be remembered for the years to come. What's even funnier is that, as some french analyst said "the Concacaf teams now show respect for the Impact"

All soccer experts were considering the Impact as the weakest team in the group. By far. As in, not in the same league. Like if you put a junior Q team with 3 NHL team. Now, at 2-0-1 they will have to reconsider.

Also - the hands call was indeed BS. On the other hand, I think it's an automatical red only when you touch it first outside the area. If you run, catch it inside then walk outside its just a kick. And I'm not even sure if it should not be an indirect kick, which would explain there why were only 2 guys in the wall.

Can you people imagine 50k impact fans at the big O in february ! I've been there at the Brazil / Poland game and boy, was that intimidating.

Old
10-02-2008, 08:57 AM
bib
#believe

Is there anywhere I can see highlights of the Olimpia game?

Old
10-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
That was an highly impressive game - watched it on Bold (btw it seems to me that CBS is using the Impact games to promote their secondary (paid) channel - there is no possible reason not to show this game live at 10pm!).

The english analyst qualified this result as "the best canadian soccer performance at club level in history". The Cinderella story this year will be remembered for the years to come. What's even funnier is that, as some french analyst said "the Concacaf teams now show respect for the Impact"

All soccer experts were considering the Impact as the weakest team in the group. By far. As in, not in the same league. Like if you put a junior Q team with 3 NHL team. Now, at 2-0-1 they will have to reconsider.

Also - the hands call was indeed BS. On the other hand, I think it's an automatical red only when you touch it first outside the area. If you run, catch it inside then walk outside its just a kick. And I'm not even sure if it should not be an indirect kick, which would explain there why were only 2 guys in the wall.

Can you people imagine 50k impact fans at the big O in february ! I've been there at the Brazil / Poland game and boy, was that intimidating.
They are gonna have to do a heck of a good job promoting the game to get 50,000 people to show up. Brazil / Poland is different. Its sad but Canadian Soccer fans don't seem to support their own the way they support a team from Europe or South America. I've seen plenty of games in Canada that were Canada against another country, and the other country had far more fans.

I hope the Impact can energize the city... but i think the game will get lost in the shuffle in February.

Quote:

Impact are awesome !!

Wow..... Those are some hefty comparisons.

Old
10-02-2008, 10:25 AM
MastaK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
HUGE WIN TONIGHT !!!!

I got tickets to the next game against Honduras. It's going to be awesome !!!

question : Why does Baseball have priority over the Impact on their website ? Do Quebecois still actually care about Baseball ??? These jokers need to set their priorities straight
No need to take a shot at baseball fans...

But I do agree our local teams should have priority on RDS.ca, especially when they get results like this...

Old
10-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Newhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
They are gonna have to do a heck of a good job promoting the game to get 50,000 people to show up. Brazil / Poland is different. Its sad but Canadian Soccer fans don't seem to support their own the way they support a team from Europe or South America. I've seen plenty of games in Canada that were Canada against another country, and the other country had far more fans.

I hope the Impact can energize the city... but i think the game will get lost in the shuffle in February.

The most visible (and hearable) fans at the Brazil/Poland game were Polish (Poles ?) from all over North America. I remember seeing several buses from the US. And they were all grouped together, making the whole building shake. Strangely but there was no real Brazil cheering group - just isolated individuals.

If there is a CONCACAF final or semifinal presented at the Big O and you cannot have 40-50K people then the situation would be sad indeed.

Come to think about it - why not play the game at the Saputo Stade in February? There were tons of World Cup qualifying games played in chilly conditions. Maybe it would be an advantage for the Impact, especially against some other Central American team .

Old
10-02-2008, 12:08 PM
CareyPrice x 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post

As much as I support the team, their is no way you get 50K for an Impact game at the BigO

Old
10-02-2008, 12:41 PM
CH4

Quote:
As much as I support the team, their is no way you get 50K for an Impact game at the BigO
Almost Give out low range tickets extremely cheap, invite schools, minor hockey and soccer team etc...

the you might get to the number.

IMPACT DE MONTRÉAL

Old
10-02-2008, 12:44 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post
Almost Give out low range tickets extremely cheap, invite schools, minor hockey and soccer team etc...

IMPACT DE MONTRÉAL

Yeah you'd definetely have to give away tickets... problem sitll is getting people to show up there though; even with free tickets.

Old
10-02-2008, 12:44 PM
CareyPrice x 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post

IMPACT DE MONTRÉAL

the game against Joe Public....Saint Leonard minor hockey association was given 200 free tickets...yes...200, you wanna know how many people showed up with those tickets?

8, yes 8 people...3 of my players, 2 of their dads, me and 2 of my friends. Thats it!
and St Leonard is the most italian soccer crazed city.
If you cant get them to go to a game, how you gonna get the rest to go?

Old
10-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Newhabfan

Quote:
the game against Joe Public....Saint Leonard minor hockey association was given 200 free tickets...yes...200, you wanna know how many people showed up with those tickets?

8, yes 8 people...3 of my players, 2 of their dads, me and 2 of my friends. Thats it!
and St Leonard is the most italian soccer crazed city.
If you cant get them to go to a game, how you gonna get the rest to go?
It was an ill marketed wednesday evening game, under heavy rain. Takes a special kind of fan to watch a soccer game in these conditions. But you probably know the topic better then me. What alternatives are there to the BigO for an indoor soccer game in february?

Anyway - the Als do manage to fill the BigO at least once an year. And they do indeed use aggressive marketing for that. I went there last year for the Argos game, though our team sucked

Closed Thread