HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

rangers roster

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2004, 09:21 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
rangers roster/who is gone?

what would you want back and who would you not trade?
Brian Leetch- A top prospect and a #1 pick if we dont get that the rangers shouldnt trade him
Tom Poti-there may be a market for him. teams that don't get gonchar may just show interest in poti. he has some talent but he is about as tough as my cat
Greg de Vries-i would not trade him he is a defenseman that would be perfect for tjutin to learn from and pair with next season.
Dale Purinton-no market for him. he can be our sixth defenseman after we trade everybody
Darius Kasparaitis-would be zero market for him if he was healthy. just because of his contract. a fine guy to have on the blueline next season
Mark Messier-i think a team might call about him and he will be gone at the deadline. this looks like it is his last season and the rangers might try to get him on a winner for one last cup run. thanks for everything and nothing mark.
Bobby Holik-i wouldn't trade him. he should be the captain next season. btw i don't think we could trade him because of the contract anyway.
Chris Simon-a great pickup by sather. will be traded. a 3rd round pick in return would be fine with me
Jamie Lundmark-if we have to throw him in a deal to get a real prospect back i would do it. this kid sucks. he creates nothing. i don't care who he plays with that is just an excuse he provides no offense.
Vladimir Malakhov-nobody would want him
Martin Rucinsky-we might be able to get a decent prosect/pick for him. will be gone
Alex Kovalev-sather better not mess this up because he might be able to get a top prospect and a pick for him. they should be able to get a good return for him
Boris Mironov-a third or fourth round pick would be a good return for boris.
Matthew Barnaby-i would love to keep him, but whats the point? he should be gone
Jan Hlavac-should have been traded to hartford for Moore 3 months ago. :p
Dan LaCouture-a good penalty killer that nobody would want
Jed Ortmeyer-a young guy to build around should not be traded
Fedor Tyutin-a keeper
Jaromir Jagr-a keeper showed me a ton of heart playing hurt and scoring.
Joel Bouchard-nobody would want
Eric Lindros-i doubt we get anything for him. if we get a 7th round pick for him i would do it. see ya eric
Petr Nedved-what would be a good return for him? perhaps somebody can tell me because he sucks and everybody around the league knows it

Dunham-release him trade him i don't care if he never plays for the rangers again
Jussi-our number 1 goalie the rest of this season and back up next season

Old
02-24-2004, 10:17 AM
Vito Andolini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
Brian Leetch- A top prospect and a #1 pick if we dont get that the rangers shouldnt trade him
Tom Poti-there may be a market for him. teams that don't get gonchar may just show interest in poti. he has some talent but he is about as tough as my cat
Greg de Vries-i would not trade him he is a defenseman that would be perfect for tjutin to learn from and pair with next season.
Dale Purinton-no market for him. he can be our sixth defenseman after we trade everybody
Darius Kasparaitis-would be zero market for him if he was healthy. just because of his contract. a fine guy to have on the blueline next season
Mark Messier-i think a team might call about him and he will be gone at the deadline. this looks like it is his last season and the rangers might try to get him on a winner for one last cup run. thanks for everything and nothing mark.
Bobby Holik-i wouldn't trade him. he should be the captain next season. btw i don't think we could trade him because of the contract anyway.
Chris Simon-a great pickup by sather. will be traded. a 3rd round pick in return would be fine with me
Jamie Lundmark-if we have to throw him in a deal to get a real prospect back i would do it. this kid sucks. he creates nothing. i don't care who he plays with that is just an excuse he provides no offense.
Vladimir Malakhov-nobody would want him
Martin Rucinsky-we might be able to get a decent prosect/pick for him. will be gone
Alex Kovalev-sather better not mess this up because he might be able to get a top prospect and a pick for him. they should be able to get a good return for him
Boris Mironov-a third or fourth round pick would be a good return for boris.
Matthew Barnaby-i would love to keep him, but whats the point? he should be gone
Jan Hlavac-should have been traded to hartford for Moore 3 months ago. :p
Dan LaCouture-a good penalty killer that nobody would want
Jed Ortmeyer-a young guy to build around should not be traded
Fedor Tyutin-a keeper
Jaromir Jagr-a keeper showed me a ton of heart playing hurt and scoring.
Joel Bouchard-nobody would want
Eric Lindros-i doubt we get anything for him. if we get a 7th round pick for him i would do it. see ya eric
Petr Nedved-what would be a good return for him? perhaps somebody can tell me because he sucks and everybody around the league knows it

Dunham-release him trade him i don't care if he never plays for the rangers again
Jussi-our number 1 goalie the rest of this season and back up next season
Hell of a team Glen put together here, apparently we are only going to be able to dress like 5 skaters next year, if there is a next year. Atleast now we have room for all our hot prospects....like Larose and Gernander.

Old
02-24-2004, 10:26 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Andolini
Hell of a team Glen put together here, apparently we are only going to be able to dress like 5 skaters next year, if there is a next year. Atleast now we have room for all our hot prospects....like Larose and Gernander.
i'm sure you have heard of free agents plus..............the players we get back in trades.

plus when you add in guys like jessiman and dawes who both should be given legit shots to make the team next year i think the rangers have a bright future.
i think sather did put a decent team together. look at that roster. why these guys couldnt pull it all together is anybodys guess. sather should be fired for the mess that is the rangers but he is not alone in blame at all.

Old
02-24-2004, 10:35 AM
Barnaby

[QUOTE=Son of Steinbrenner]i'm sure you have heard of free agents plus..............the players we get back in trades.
QUOTE]

Yea Free agency has been great for us...

I do agree on Lundmark. I like him, but if the right deal comes along he's not untouchable. Granted he plays with mediocre players at best, but he still doesnt cash in on his oppurtunity's and rarely sets anything up.

Old
02-24-2004, 10:38 AM
Fletch

Bright future?

Dawes may be a couple years away, ditto Jessiman, and both are far from sure things and are flawed. Dawes is small and Jessiman's production is waning compared to last season.

There are youngsters, just like every club, there does seem to be a lack of 'superstar' quality youngsters. Real, legit top line, dop defense pairing, prospects.

There are a fair amount of decent prospects, but the top guys seem to be lacking.

Old
02-24-2004, 10:45 AM
Vito Andolini

Quote:
i'm sure you have heard of free agents plus..............the players we get back in trades.

plus when you add in guys like jessiman and dawes who both should be given legit shots to make the team next year i think the rangers have a bright future.
i think sather did put a decent team together. look at that roster. why these guys couldnt pull it all together is anybodys guess. sather should be fired for the mess that is the rangers but he is not alone in blame at all.
Yea, you're right Jar, because filling your roster with Free Agents has worked for us in the past, so what the hell, why break the cycle now.

By most accounts Jessiman is no where near being an NHL player yet, and Dawes, while intruiging, is still very unproven.

And once again, you are right, it's a total mystery why this team doesn't work, it baffles everyone. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that Slats has been fundamentally wrong on basically every decision he has made. Nothing to do with there being zero accountibility in the organization, being no core of home grown players, having the worst defense in the NHL, using a system that has not worked in atleast 12 years at the NHL level, pinning your hopes on a backup goalie, misusing 90 percent of the players on the team. You know what, it's no Glen's fault, the past 4 years were just by chance. I'd be willing to give him another season, I bet he can turn this team into a playoff team. And then you just watch out, cause once we get to the playoffs you may as well just hand us the cup cause no team is going to want to play us.

Old
02-24-2004, 11:04 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Andolini
Yea, you're right Jar, because filling your roster with Free Agents has worked for us in the past, so what the hell, why break the cycle now.

By most accounts Jessiman is no where near being an NHL player yet, and Dawes, while intruiging, is still very unproven.

And once again, you are right, it's a total mystery why this team doesn't work, it baffles everyone. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that Slats has been fundamentally wrong on basically every decision he has made. Nothing to do with there being zero accountibility in the organization, being no core of home grown players, having the worst defense in the NHL, using a system that has not worked in atleast 12 years at the NHL level, pinning your hopes on a backup goalie, misusing 90 percent of the players on the team. You know what, it's no Glen's fault, the past 4 years were just by chance. I'd be willing to give him another season, I bet he can turn this team into a playoff team. And then you just watch out, cause once we get to the playoffs you may as well just hand us the cup cause no team is going to want to play us.
no you are right bringing in free agents hasnt worked but if you bring in the right guys it would. btw most of the guys the big name guys sather brought in he traded for and he gave up nothing to get them. Bure kovalev jagr. but i'm sure you may have forgot that.

you are also right the players should get no blame for what this team has become. why should a guy who gets paid to do a job do it? sather should be gone but a lot of other guys should go with him. thats my point. jessiman isn't ready right now but he may be after a good camp next year.

Old
02-24-2004, 11:32 AM
_P_

Send a message via AIM to _P_
Quote:

Bobby Holik-i wouldn't trade him. he should be the captain next season.

as soon as i got to this point i stopped reading your post

Old
02-24-2004, 12:08 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
Dawes may be a couple years away, ditto Jessiman, and both are far from sure things and are flawed. Dawes is small and Jessiman's production is waning compared to last season.

There are youngsters, just like every club, there does seem to be a lack of 'superstar' quality youngsters. Real, legit top line, dop defense pairing, prospects.

There are a fair amount of decent prospects, but the top guys seem to be lacking.
Might be a little rough saying his production is waning...he's actually picked it up a little of late and has 16 goals and 32 points in 27 games compared to 23 and 47 in 34 last season.

But it's fair to say that neither player is a guarantee to come in the league and fill in the scoring roles that the Rangers would need after divesting themselves of their veterans.

Old
02-24-2004, 01:49 PM
Potter

Send a message via AIM to Potter
Quote:
no you are right bringing in free agents hasnt worked but if you bring in the right guys it would. btw most of the guys the big name guys sather brought in he traded for and he gave up nothing to get them. Bure kovalev jagr. but i'm sure you may have forgot that.

you are also right the players should get no blame for what this team has become. why should a guy who gets paid to do a job do it? sather should be gone but a lot of other guys should go with him. thats my point. jessiman isn't ready right now but he may be after a good camp next year.

It's not like Sather pulled a miracle out of his butt with the Bure, Kovalev, and Jagr deals. They were salary dumps dude. No one else in the NHL wanted Bure, Kovalev, or Jagr. If anything, he got fleeced in the Bure deal for giving up Novak and a 1st rounder.

Old
02-24-2004, 01:59 PM
Fletch

Fish...

was looking at the 1.18 goals per game versus 1.38. I would've hoped that it would've increased. I do see his teammate, Stempniak, has also decreased by a similar amount. I do also look at a guy like York, who as a sophomore tallied 1.27 PPG, to 1.53 then down to 1.29; Drury from 1.71 to 1.51 and 1.5. And while Drury and York may play with better players overall, the competition's a bit better overall too. It's still way too early to tell...just wanted to see a little bit more dominance on the scoresheet.

Old
02-24-2004, 02:37 PM
Fish

Quote:
was looking at the 1.18 goals per game versus 1.38. I would've hoped that it would've increased. I do see his teammate, Stempniak, has also decreased by a similar amount. I do also look at a guy like York, who as a sophomore tallied 1.27 PPG, to 1.53 then down to 1.29; Drury from 1.71 to 1.51 and 1.5. And while Drury and York may play with better players overall, the competition's a bit better overall too. It's still way too early to tell...just wanted to see a little bit more dominance on the scoresheet.
No doubt it would have been nice to see him score more, but I don't know that that would have told us too much, other than give us a positive feeling

Old
02-24-2004, 03:37 PM
Fletch

At this point...

most everything's negative. So, yes, I was looking for something positive, as opposed to neutral/negative. Of course he can be rounding out the rest of his game to become a very good all-around player, I don't know and wouldn't trust many in that regard. So the only thing I have to go on that's tangible is that, and I'm not ecstatic about the trend.

Old
02-25-2004, 07:51 AM
JCProdigy

Quote:
most everything's negative. So, yes, I was looking for something positive, as opposed to neutral/negative. Of course he can be rounding out the rest of his game to become a very good all-around player, I don't know and wouldn't trust many in that regard. So the only thing I have to go on that's tangible is that, and I'm not ecstatic about the trend.
Well, while the trend would be anything esctatic I also don't think it is much to worry about. I would think it would be natural for his offensive numbers to go down slightly now that other teams know he is the major scoring option to shut down. I'm guessing that's what happened with Drury and York also.

Old
02-25-2004, 05:01 PM
MontanaTrout

Jessiman production

Kind of harsh to say that Jessiman's production is waning when he is second in points and goals in his conference. No one complaining this year about his defense which is much better in this his second year of real coaching. Plus he is one of few players in conference who finishes checks hard and can rattle the glass. He has a great shot and makes super passes coming out of the zone. Still has ways to go but don't harsh on him too hard for this year. BTW, his not making US team was all politics. That coach has had it out for him going way back.

Old
02-25-2004, 05:25 PM
Laches

There is nobody on this roster that I wouldn't trade. This team has stunk it up all year, there can be no sacred cows here.

What would I want in return? Whatever picks, youngsters and prospects I could get my filthy hands on. The Wild managed to get a fourth-rounder out of the Avs for Darby Hendrickson, a guy who has been a minus 14 in 30 or so AHL games since being demoted in December, so we ought to be able to get something decent for the veterans we have.

Old
02-25-2004, 05:25 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaTrout
Kind of harsh to say that Jessiman's production is waning when he is second in points and goals in his conference. No one complaining this year about his defense which is much better in this his second year of real coaching. Plus he is one of few players in conference who finishes checks hard and can rattle the glass. He has a great shot and makes super passes coming out of the zone. Still has ways to go but don't harsh on him too hard for this year. BTW, his not making US team was all politics. That coach has had it out for him going way back.
I agree.

Jessiman has still continued to be a solid PP power foward in front of the net, I think thats his biggest attribute when it comes to scoring, the rest will improve in time, hopefully.

Closed Thread