HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kostitsyn Brothers and beef with Grabovski?

Old
09-26-2008, 08:19 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Sergei will have fun cracking him 6 times a year

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 10:11 AM
albertabound

vCash: 500
he was traded because he knew that he wasn't one of gainey's or carboneau boy and was smart enough to get the heck out of dodge before they would lose him in the system like milroy, locke etc etc. i think he will do great in TO and wish some other agents would get thier young players out of there.

albertabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 10:17 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifi View Post
he was traded because he knew that he wasn't one of gainey's or carboneau boy and was smart enough to get the heck out of dodge before they would lose him in the system like milroy, locke etc etc. i think he will do great in TO and wish some other agents would get thier young players out of there.
I think you get to be Carbo or Ganey's 'boy' by playing so well that they have to play you. Why is it always unfair when a guy doesn't make it ?

Does anyone think that right now, Mtl would be a better team with any of the 3 players you mention. You want agents to lead an exodus because the best players get to play ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 10:28 AM
CH4

Quote:

Do you think Grabs is better then any player on our roster?

He showed last year that he clearly don't have the caracter/attitude to play on this team.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 10:33 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I think you get to be Carbo or Ganey's 'boy' by playing so well that they have to play you. Why is it always unfair when a guy doesn't make it ?

Does anyone think that right now, Mtl would be a better team with any of the 3 players you mention. You want agents to lead an exodus because the best players get to play ?
My thoughts exactly, I'm not sure what fifi is getting at with their post.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 10:44 AM
1UP

Quote:
Problem: Carbo is a very, VERY fair coach.

Grabovski was given his chance. A solid one at the beginning of the season. With Kovalev. For many games. He blew it.

Then, he plays a few games (where his play was questionnable at best), is an healthy scratch and pulls that plane nonsense, something which seasoned vets who wons cups wouldn't even dare do (Brisebois, Dandenault).

After that, you wonder why he wasn't liked in the organisation? He had the same progression as Andrei Kostitsyn and Tomas Plekanec, who stayed in the AHL for quite some time before coming to Montreal, only to play sporadically at first and then through hard work establish themselves as important players. Grabovski thought he desserved a short cut or something.

Let's just say that when you play for Carbonneau and Gainey, and you think Me before Team, you start with 2 strikes.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 11:13 AM
Newhabfan

Quote:
I really doubt Grabovski will be treated in Toronto with as much consideration and respect as in Montreal.

The team always defended him. Covered for him when the media hounds wanted him out. Gave him a 3rd, 4th....10th chance to make his place. Had he stayed here, he would have had his fair chance at the training camp too.

And when he asked to be traded - they did trade him to a place where he can play on the first line.

I'm sure that the first time he will have 3-4 bad games the Toronto crowd and media will make his live hell.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 12:09 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
I really doubt Grabovski will be treated in Toronto with as much consideration and respect as in Montreal.

The team always defended him. Covered for him when the media hounds wanted him out. Gave him a 3rd, 4th....10th chance to make his place. Had he stayed here, he would have had his fair chance at the training camp too.

And when he asked to be traded - they did trade him to a place where he can play on the first line.

I'm sure that the first time he will have 3-4 bad games the Toronto crowd and media will make his live hell.
Welcome to the forum.

I agree with these comments. He was given numerous chances, only to slap gainey and carb in the face when they scratched him.

In Toronto unless he plays well, he'll get ripped apart by a rabid pack of wolves.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 12:44 PM
CrisisInMTL

If there is any truth to this, expect some BIG numbers from the Kost brothers against the Leafs in head to head matchups They will be jacked for those 6 games!

CrisisInMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
Yeah he missed the flight on purpose.. Went ahead to LA (?) to meet with his agent because he was scratched in Phoenix.
I cant remember what higgins said, but he was pretty pissed about it... thats about all I remember

Its not the first time I've heard of the kostitsyns and grabo not getting along

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 12:49 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
Problem: Carbo is a very, VERY fair coach.

Grabovski was given his chance. A solid one at the beginning of the season. With Kovalev. For many games. He blew it.

Then, he plays a few games (where his play was questionnable at best), is an healthy scratch and pulls that plane nonsense, something which seasoned vets who wons cups wouldn't even dare do (Brisebois, Dandenault).

After that, you wonder why he wasn't liked in the organisation? He had the same progression as Andrei Kostitsyn and Tomas Plekanec, who stayed in the AHL for quite some time before coming to Montreal, only to play sporadically at first and then through hard work establish themselves as important players. Grabovski thought he desserved a short cut or something.

Let's just say that when you play for Carbonneau and Gainey, and you think Me before Team, you start with 2 strikes.

I don't think the guy failed or blew a chance or anything that clear cut. He got a good look and they decided they needed more of an impact than he could bring. He wasn't really unique when compared to the rest of the team though he had some talent. I don't know what Grabo thought, but if he felt that he wouldn't make it here and was frustrated, then all parties are better served by his being moved.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 01:11 PM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Sergei will have fun cracking him 6 times a year
What? Is he going to play in the Swiss League too?

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 04:19 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
For some reason, I've been using, 'am I insane ? or am I so sane that it blows your mind ?' or something like that around the house and my 17 year old said,

'you're not Kramer, you'll never be Kramer, so shut up'.

I'm a bit hurt.
Ah, but did you sell it with the Cosmo shudder

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 04:22 PM
JrHockeyFan

Grabo never really did enough to make me think he was somebody to worry about losing. If he furthers his career in Toronto, so be it. If he ticked of the bros Kosty, that is history. If they want to carry hsitory forward, i am sure we will know about it

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 04:38 PM
Gustave

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post
I think that's the exact pic of the part in question. Good work.

Gustave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 04:43 PM
Gustave

Quote:
For some reason, I've been using, 'am I insane ? or am I so sane that it blows your mind ?' or something like that around the house and my 17 year old said,

'you're not Kramer, you'll never be Kramer, so shut up'.

I'm a bit hurt.
If it is of any relief, I have been referring to people looking like pig-man in the last decade.

Gustave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2008, 06:01 PM
Next Best Thing*

Beef is unrelevant. Gainey got a second rounder from the Leafs which was more than Grabo's worth ATM. He did not fill a ciritcal need in the organization (center), so who cares why he was gone. What a soap eh..

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote