HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Players the flyers need!

View Poll Results: Who do we need?
New goalie 8 21.05%
New D-man 11 28.95%
Goal scorer 9 23.68%
Or no trades at all 16 42.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2004, 07:37 PM
Gagnefan12

vCash: 500
Players the flyers need!

I wanna know who you guys think the flyers need to go all the way who to get rid of at the deadline and who to get? Get rid or THERIEN he is sickning and the rest of the washed up players for youth we need it and we need a top notch player something a big D-man or a goal scorer. Definately a new OALIE if you arent going to give nitty a chance get a good goalie!

Old
02-23-2004, 07:42 PM
John Flyers Fan

I'll vote for a new goalie

Healthy Esche

I'll vote for a new defenseman

Healthy Desjardins

I'll vote for new centerman

Healthy Primeau & Roenick

Old
02-23-2004, 07:54 PM
Rails

Send a message via AIM to Rails
Desjardins - INJURED
Roenick - INJURED
Esche - INJURED

The team is very good, but has been decimated by injuries.

The team could have six 20 goal scorers this year. I think it has been a couple of years since that many players have scored that many goals for the Flyers in the same season.

And, where would more players fit? The weakest position would be the left wing.

Old
02-23-2004, 09:09 PM
Rex88

I think they should stand pat.
They will get a boost with the return of Esche and Eric and hopefully Prims.
I don't want to see a foolish deal as so many are this time of year.

Old
02-23-2004, 09:25 PM
MudShark

The only thing this team is lacking is another fast, physical defenseman like Markov.

And since it cost Williams to get Markov, the Flyers chances getting another one are pretty much non-existant...

Old
02-23-2004, 10:05 PM
blah

That's if they go the top-4 route. Which they won't. I really want them to get a Boughner type. They need a big physical dman who can handle the bigger forwards and clear the porch. A 6'3 physical dman would also improve the PK IMO.

Old
02-24-2004, 12:53 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kffk
I truly think the only thing that needs to be done is adding a young goal scoring left wing.
Brian Savage was put on waivers today i know he isnt that young but isnt he worth a look?

Old
02-24-2004, 06:15 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
Brian Savage was put on waivers today i know he isnt that young but isnt he worth a look?
No thanks. If you pick him up on waivers you have to pick up the ridiculous contract that the Yotes gave him. He's way over paid.

Old
02-24-2004, 06:41 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Brendan Witt would be a nice guy to have on the blueline since only Markov likes to play physical. What do you think it would take to get him here?

Old
02-24-2004, 08:15 AM
Teezax

Flyers have enough once Desjardins, Esche and Prims come back. There is already a concern with chemistry, let's not mess that up anymore. GIve this team a chance to play together before the playoffs.

Old
02-24-2004, 08:48 AM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
Flyers have enough once Desjardins, Esche and Prims come back. There is already a concern with chemistry, let's not mess that up anymore. GIve this team a chance to play together before the playoffs.
Amen.
They already have alot of new parts, which is why I think some coverages have been really blown of late and the team D has suffered. Give this group a chance to come together.

Old
02-24-2004, 08:50 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
I just didn't notice all of these blown coverages as much when Niittymaki was playing, what is going on with this D? Just for the record, I'd rather see Meyer/Jones/Slaney playing instead of Bundy Boy.

Old
02-24-2004, 08:55 AM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh
I just didn't notice all of these blown coverages as much when Niittymaki was playing, what is going on with this D? Just for the record, I'd rather see Meyer/Jones/Slaney playing instead of Bundy Boy.
Ya, I think another Bundy wake up call is needed with a good benching.

Old
02-24-2004, 09:14 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1431
What do you guys think of Sean Hill? I am not sure what it would take to get him, but I think he would be a good fit for the Flyers.

Old
02-24-2004, 03:27 PM
The Seeker 25

Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles
What do you guys think of Sean Hill? I am not sure what it would take to get him, but I think he would be a good fit for the Flyers.
I think he'd be a good fit, but Rutherford would probably want way more in return than should be acceptable.

I think if the Flyers are to get any D man, I would like to see them go after Brendan Witt. A big, physical crease clearing D man is what we've been screaming for on here (other than a decent #1 goalie, but I guess we'll have to keep our fingers crossed in the crease once again). Boughner would have been nice and would have come alot cheaper than Witt, but the Avs snapped him up. If I'm Clarke, I'd be asking Washington about Witt right now. Once Gonchar goes, it'll be ALOT tougher to pick up Witt.

Old
02-24-2004, 04:05 PM
Flyman

Send a message via MSN to Flyman
I voted for a new D-man. A big physical one. Just because Bundy isn't a terror! (Has he ever been?? )

But it is also true that a young scoring left winger (ala Bell) would be appreciated...

Old
02-24-2004, 04:17 PM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeeker
I think he'd be a good fit, but Rutherford would probably want way more in return than should be acceptable.

I think if the Flyers are to get any D man, I would like to see them go after Brendan Witt. A big, physical crease clearing D man is what we've been screaming for on here (other than a decent #1 goalie, but I guess we'll have to keep our fingers crossed in the crease once again). Boughner would have been nice and would have come alot cheaper than Witt, but the Avs snapped him up. If I'm Clarke, I'd be asking Washington about Witt right now. Once Gonchar goes, it'll be ALOT tougher to pick up Witt.
Mcphee will ask a Kings ransom I'm afraid.
Hey, remember when Witt cross checked Somik into Amonte? We could teach Bundy how to do that - would that count as a "crease clearer"?

Old
02-24-2004, 05:08 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
We could teach Bundy how to do that - would that count as a "crease clearer"?
Unless it's Jagr, Therien would need a lobotomy to ever hit anybody like that.

Old
02-24-2004, 07:32 PM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonces
Unless it's Jagr, Therien would need a lobotomy to ever hit anybody like that.
I thought he already had one?

Old
02-24-2004, 08:47 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

In my perfect little world where I am the GM...well first off therien would be in the AHL.
As I see our defense in April:
Desjardins/Markov
Johnsson/Ragnarsson
Pitkanen/(Timmander/Seidenberg)

I dont doubt this defense's hockey ability--though if we get into an intense physical series like vs. the leafs, I dont know our defense will come out on top. We're missing guys Yushkevich and Weinrich from last year, sure not vaunted checkers, but they were gritty players that went into corners, and I'm not sure if we'll have a lot of that. Though Seidenberg and Timander did nothing wrong to bring on this move, we should look into getting a rough, veteran guy to be our #6 d-man. Brendan Witt would be great,but we don't need a top-pair guy. I'm sick of us vanquishing our future. Would it be that far out to go grab Luke Richardson from Columbus?

Also...Lyle Odelin from Florida? maybe Greg DeVries from the Rags, but I'm not sure on contracts, presumably a lot for him--just suggestions

Old
02-25-2004, 03:32 PM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
What about guys like Brad Brown or Brad Bombardir? I'd love to have Blue-collar Luke back, but he makes 2.5 for two more years I think.
Brendan Witt would be perfect, unless the Caps are asking alot for him.

Old
02-27-2004, 06:11 AM
Hammerwise

While I agree it would be great to upgrade at any position, I can't see it happening.
Who would we give up? And how much?
The big complaint on Brad Brown is stupid penalties and its not like he has been a playoff hero. Luke Richardson was good for us, but he is slower than he was before and it was always our weakpoint in the past: slow defensemen.
I'd take him back and he is an upgrade, but is it worth it to play him as the 6th dman. Therien and Timmander and Seidenberg will make for a very competent 6th and 7th dman.
Hell if they were free I'd take any upgrade, even at 6th or 7th, but they won't be free will they?

We are pretty close to empty on the draft pick front and we only have about 7-8 prospects teams might like to acquire, (only 3-4 of them will ever "make" it), so I think we're out of the buyers market.

Closed Thread