HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Mod/edit: False rumor - Balsillie coming for your team

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2008, 09:51 PM
Rusty Shackleford
Leafs Nation

vCash: 500
Mod/edit: False rumor - Balsillie coming for your team

Earlier on Monday's Prime Time Sports roundtable with David Shoalts and Stephen Brunt, Bob McCown revealed that sources have told him that Jim Balsillie is closing in on a deal to purchase the Nashville Predators. The source states that Balsillie will purchase majority control of the hockey club.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/...lie_predators/

Old
09-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I really hope this isn't true, and I'm going to be upfront in saying that I truly do not believe the rumor this time.

Further, what does this mean? Is he trying for 80 or 20?

Sources tell Hockeycentral Boots Del Biaggio’s 20 per cent stake in the Predators is for sale, but Balsillie is not believed to be bidding for the remaining 80 per cent of team at this time.

09-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
Earlier on Monday's Prime Time Sports roundtable with David Shoalts and Stephen Brunt, Bob McCown revealed that sources have told him that Jim Balsillie is closing in on a deal to purchase the Nashville Predators. The source states that Balsillie will purchase majority control of the hockey club.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/...lie_predators/
Wipe the smile off your face and actually read the article you linked...it says that Balsillie is trying to buy the 20% share of the Preds. In what math class did you learn that 20% of 100 is a majority???

Old
09-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
Bob McCown, love him or hate him... does not SPEW rumours for the sake of stirring pots. He hates starting stuff that is not true, but that's about all I'll say on the issue...

Old
09-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Wipe the smile off your face and actually read the article you linked...it says that Balsillie is trying to buy the 20% share of the Preds. In what math class did you learn that 20% of 100 is a majority???
It's just step one of the greater goal. And then he can talk to the rest of the owners to inform them how greener the pastures are north of the border.

Old
09-29-2008, 09:58 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Freeman denies it per Glenon:

http://data.tennessean.com/v2/bin/pl...tennessean.com
------------------

If you’re a Predators fan worried about the latest rumor out of Canada – the one that says Jim Balsillie is on the verge of buying the entire team – rest easy. There’s absolutely no truth to it.

I communicated with Predators owner David Freeman earlier this evening and his message was as follows: ``I can guarantee you he’s not in discussions to buy the Predators because I’ve never even spoken to the gentleman. The club is obviously not for sale.’’

Attorney Richard Rodier, who serves as a spokesman for Balsillie, said the same thing when I talked to him earlier this evening. He said the rumor, which originated on the Fan 590-AM in Toronto, ``came from outer space.’’

``There is not a scintilla of truth to that rumor,’’ Rodier said. ``Furthermore, we have never had any contact with Mr. Freeman or any of his partners or any of his representatives regarding the subject matter of this story. The Predators are firmly in the hands of Mr. Freeman and his partners and will remain so until they decide otherwise.’’

---------------------------------

Thread closed.

Closed Thread