HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

PRE-SEASON--Toronto Maple Leafs Vs. Buffalo Sabres--7:00 pm EST, Sep. 27/08

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-29-2008, 11:52 AM
  #401
zeke
#TeamReimer
 
zeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 27,813
vCash: 500
And do I really have to say "I think" before every statement I make?

Obviously, the things I post are what "I think" is the case.

Why didn't you say "I think" before that last post you just made about Toskala being a top-10 goalie this year?

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 02:19 PM
  #402
Duke Silver
Truce?
 
Duke Silver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,605
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by cob View Post
Good for Stajan, but Wilson demands it. He has said flat out, that if you don't do it you will sit.

For Stajan it's self preservation.
Lets not take away from him, though.

I distinctly remember a shift towards the end of last season against Buffalo where Stajan blocked three shots and cleared the zone. It was my favourite shift of the year until I saw Brooks Orpik take down four Red Wings in 40 seconds in game three of the finals.

This is something he's been doing for years. It reminded me of Ethan Moreau's fearless shot blocking during Edmonton's cup run in 06.

Duke Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 03:33 PM
  #403
NoamHemsky
Registered User
 
NoamHemsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
I was directly responding to Wilson's comments - when he said "that's why Pogge isn't ready for the NHL".

The fact that, as you point out, Toskala does the very same thing, while Wilson tries to make him out to be a top-5 goalie in the league, is exactly my problem with his statements.

You're right - Pogge's game there was pretty typical of what Toskala gives us.

This is why I get upset at Wilson's double-standard - one of them he considers a top-5 goalie in the league, giving performances like that, while when the other gives a similar performance, he uses that performance to say that Pogge doesn't deserve to be in the NHL.

I hold them to the same standard, while Wilson is holding a double standard.
Except Wilson is telling his young goalie that he has a ways to go before filling out his potential. He'll probably end up a better player for it.

NoamHemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 04:01 PM
  #404
zeke
#TeamReimer
 
zeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 27,813
vCash: 500
For some reason, the Leafs feel the need to insult Pogge every chance they get. A young kid trying to develop as a goalie - and all they do is take shots at him, and deny him opportunities.

Meanwhile, they coddle the Raycrofts and Toskalas of the world, constantly blow sunshine up their butts and never say a bad word about them.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 04:04 PM
  #405
NoamHemsky
Registered User
 
NoamHemsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
For some reason, the Leafs feel the need to insult Pogge every chance they get. A young kid trying to develop as a goalie - and all they do is take shots at him, and deny him opportunities.

Meanwhile, they coddle the Raycrofts and Toskalas of the world, constantly blow sunshine up their butts and never say a bad word about them.
By "they" are you referring to the regime that is no longer here?

NoamHemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 04:09 PM
  #406
Bills09
Registered User
 
Bills09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pickering, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
For some reason, the Leafs feel the need to insult Pogge every chance they get. A young kid trying to develop as a goalie - and all they do is take shots at him, and deny him opportunities.

Meanwhile, they coddle the Raycrofts and Toskalas of the world, constantly blow sunshine up their butts and never say a bad word about them.
I dont think they were really insulting him, more or less stating the facts. Pogge knows hes not completley ready to play out an nhl season but after seeing him play this preseason he is certeinly on his way.

Bills09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 04:11 PM
  #407
LTL
Registered User
 
LTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: D.T
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
For some reason, the Leafs feel the need to insult Pogge every chance they get. A young kid trying to develop as a goalie - and all they do is take shots at him, and deny him opportunities.

Meanwhile, they coddle the Raycrofts and Toskalas of the world, constantly blow sunshine up their butts and never say a bad word about them.
They're just letting leafs nation know he's not the second coming which takes an enormous amount of pressure off of him while he develops.

LTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.