Notices

Surprising Developments

Old
09-29-2008, 11:05 PM
kruezer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Highlander View Post
If Boyd can handle first line duties, I'm all for it. Quite frankly, those 6 are ****in deadly. And the first and second line look okay too. Personally, I'd switch Moss and GlenX.

Also, you left out Vandy on our list of defensemen. Just shows how ridiculously deep the Flames are on D. Very happy with our team. We're second best at everything in our division, easily the most complete team in the NorthWest. But I'd like to see this team in action during the regular season before I get really excited.
Yikes, you're right, hmm, if Pardy (or Pelech though from the sounds of it all Pardy would get it) does make it then Warrener and Eriksson will both have to go I guess, I feel pretty confident Eriksson will end up AHL right now anyway, but I don't know what to say about Warrener, maybe his camp will intrigue a team? Maybe a team would take Vandermeer, though he just signed, dealing him before camp would be bad PR, I guess they could throw him in the mix as a forward and just leave one of the forwards, but thats tougher, maybe Prust is going back down? Maybe Roy would go. I wish Sutter could have just let Vandy walk.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 10:59 AM
HuskyFlames

vCash: 500
Vandermeer is exactly what this team needs as a #5/6 D. He showed it last year. We need a guy that will drop the gloves and wont be a liability on the ice. He fits that role perfectly. Brings a ton of jam to the blueline, so that guys like Phaneuf, regehr and Sarich dont have to do all the fighting as they are more important on the ice...than in the box.

HuskyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote