Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Props from a Red Wings fan

Old
09-27-2008, 03:18 PM
koh19

vCash: 500
Props from a Red Wings fan

I've got to say, I really like what Calgary did this offseason and I can't wait to see the Wings vs the Flames (4 games total). You guys sure look scary with the additions of Camalleri, Bertuzzi, Glencross, Bourque and Roy.

You guys have got yourself a very hard-nosed hockey team with plenty of offensive upside. Your d is amazing and if Kipper can become the goalie he was 2-3 years ago, I really think Calgary has a chance the reach the conference finals if not the stanley cup final.

Just wanted to let you guys know. See you guys during the season!

koh19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 03:23 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by koh19 View Post
I've got to say, I really like what Calgary did this offseason and I can't wait to see the Wings vs the Flames (4 games total). You guys sure look scary with the additions of Camalleri, Bertuzzi, Glencross, Bourque and Roy.

You guys have got yourself a very hard-nosed hockey team with plenty of offensive upside. Your d is amazing and if Kipper can become the goalie he was 2-3 years ago, I really think Calgary has a chance the reach the conference finals if not the stanley cup final.

Thanks... at first I hated the moves the Flames made... but then I started looking closer and saw the dramatic improvements to our 3rd and 4th lines... and if Glencross & Boyd can continue to improve the Flames should be in a very good situation

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 03:28 PM
Noori

vCash: 50
* Adds to the very short list of Red Wings fans liked *

Sutter's a genius. Really glad to have him as our GM. I'm really excited about this upcoming season.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 03:29 PM
abracanada

Quote:

Thanks for that classy post. It should be a great year. Looking forward to some great games against the Wings. Now I better remember your post so I don't go and get ignorant when we play.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 03:47 PM
AndersEriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Highlander View Post
Sutter's a genius.
He signed Eriksson. No genius would.

AndersEriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 03:53 PM
Noori

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiganticSnake View Post
You really need to get over that. Sutter signed Eriksson (who by the way led the BJ's in +/-) as a bottom-pairing defensmen. It's neither Sutter nor Bubba's fault that Mike Keenan had him playing 20+ minutes a night.

Old
09-27-2008, 04:10 PM
koh19

Thanks guys. Really, I don't often post in other team's forums but when I see a good team, I say it.

Being a Red Wings fan, I don't really follow what other teams around the league do but ever since the Flames reached the Stanley Cup finals before the lockout season, I've been keeping an eye on them.

I like the Red Wings roster more but I wouldn't be suprised at all to see Calgary win the cup 1-3 years from now. Anything less, and I think you guys will agree with me, than the conference finals for the Flames this year would be a huge disappointment.

koh19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Noori

Quote:
Anything less, and I think you guys will agree with me, than the conference finals for the Flames this year would be a huge disappointment.
Not really. We just want to make it to the 2nd round.

Old
09-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Even God created Kevin Lowe.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 11:39 PM
AndersEriksson*

I don't believe in God. I believe in Phaneuf.

Old
09-27-2008, 11:40 PM
AndersEriksson*

Quote:
You really need to get over that. Sutter signed Eriksson (who by the way led the BJ's in +/-) as a bottom-pairing defensmen. It's neither Sutter nor Bubba's fault that Mike Keenan had him playing 20+ minutes a night.
I would expect a GM to actually watch players play before signing them. Not just scan the stats section of nhl.com.

Old
09-27-2008, 11:47 PM
Noori

Quote:
I would expect a GM to actually watch players play before signing them. Not just scan the stats section of nhl.com.
+/- is just stat and not a very good one for judging one's defensive abilities. Sutter signed Bubba as a bottom-pairing defensemen, not someone who would be Phaneuf's partner. Eriksson played fine when he played 10-13 minutes a night.

Whatever, you get your wish anyway, he won't be making the team this year.

Old
09-28-2008, 03:03 AM
ArizonaGreenTea

Quote:
I never understood that either, Eriksson played alright but then inevitably made himself into a total boob, then continued to play alright defensively. If Eriksson played 13 minutes a night I don't think he would've stopped acting like a boob from time to time but the amount of unforced mistakes that directly lead to goals against would've been dramatically less. Out of the team's top six, I think Eriksson wasn't only the worst for unforced mistakes, he probably had triple his share among them.

Why give someone who makes so many glaring mistakes an average ice time that's not even minute less a game than our most consistent and reliable defensive defenseman is beyond me.

If you based our top four on average minutes played last year, he was one of them.

ArizonaGreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 02:58 PM
Grannys

Quote:
Everybody makes mistakes... and this mistake should be cleared up this season by sending Eriksson down to the minor minors to work as a janitor.

But on the upside, man I am exited about this season. All the news coming from the team just sounds darn good. Drop the puck already!!!!!!!

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote