HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nj/van

Old
09-27-2008, 04:07 PM
topheavyhookjaw

vCash: 500
Nj/van

NJ Trades Travis Zajac

to Vancouver for: Lukas Krajicek and a 3rd round pick

NJ gets a young puck mover who is overshadowed in Vancouver and not seeing the minutes he probably could handle, Van gets a young forward with size to help out the top 9 in a 2nd line role most likely, basically makes Taylor Pyatt more expendable, and can play center (or perhaps get moved to the wing, depending on how things go). Jersey gets the pick because Zajac's value is a little higher than Krajicek, but given their ages, both players are due to have bigger years this year than last.

First proposal attempt, please don't completely humiliate me

topheavyhookjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 04:15 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Pretty fair value wise but as a NJ fan I would want to hang on to Zajac and hope he has a bounce back season this year.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 04:16 PM
Devilswede

A polite no thank you from NJ. Travis Zajac went through a sophomore slump last year, but will turn into a really solid no.2 center in this league. He's only 23 and is entering only his third season. He will get much better.

Krajicek is a solid d-man, but not the kind of calibre we need to get better. Bieksa is somewhat of a value I'm thinking in exchange for Zajac, but I doubt I would make the trade even then from NJ's standpoint. We have a Bieksa type coming up in Matt Corrente and even if he's not at the same level yet, he will be.

That's why I wouldn't give up a young, promising center like Zajac. Especielly not in exchange for Lukas Krajicek.

Devilswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 04:18 PM
topheavyhookjaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Pretty fair value wise but as a NJ fan I would want to hang on to Zajac and hope he has a bounce back season this year.
I thought a lot of NJ fans might say that, I wonder if adding to the trade might make it more appealing, either upping it to a 2nd on van's side, or adding a prospect from van and a 2nd or 3rd from NJ?

Old
09-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Core

The nucks don't have a 3rd round pick. They used it on the Bernier trade.

Core is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Wise_one

No way that is fair!

I am not a fan of either team but Zajac has way more value. Krajicek is a 5/6 dman. Zajac is a second liner now with first line upside!

Brutal!

Wise_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 04:24 PM
vancityluongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro View Post
No, that was a 2010 pick. We still have our 2009 picks.

vancityluongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Kmaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro View Post
I believe the picks involved were for 2010 so Gillis could use the 09 picks for another offer sheet.

Kmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 04:29 PM
topheavyhookjaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise_one View Post
No way that is fair!

I am not a fan of either team but Zajac has way more value. Krajicek is a 5/6 dman. Zajac is a second liner now with first line upside!

Brutal!
Frankly, Zajac is a 3rd liner with 2nd line upside, 40 and 37 points respectively is hardly 2nd line numbers, even in NJ. That being said, he has considerable upside, probably to be a 60ish point center.

Krajicek is a 4/5 defenseman with 2/3 upside, he's a good skater, has excellent puck skills, and is considerably more responsible in his own end than he gets credit for. At 25, he's due to have a stronger campaign this year, in much the same way Zajac is. I think as the NJ fans pointed out, value is fairly even, however, NJ doesn't want to give up on Zajac yet, and understandably so, frankly I wouldn't be trying to suggest the Canucks trade for him if he didn't have that kind of potential.

Old
09-27-2008, 04:33 PM
eklunds source

Quote:
Krajicek is a 5/6 dman.
On a team where he's not behind Salo/Ohlund/Mitchell/Edler/Bieksa, he's a #4 guy, and he hasn't peaked yet. Last season was going to be big in deciding where this guy ends up in the organization (or out of), but an unfortunate injury caused him to miss more than half the year.

Personally I'd say he's better than Mottau and probably Greene/White too, but I'll be the first to admit I'm not terribly familiar with the Devils d corps. If Krajicek were inserted into the lineup I don't think he'd be bottom pairing.

FWIW, he's looked fantastic at camp/preseason so far. Nice to see because it makes dealing him, or another D for a fwd upgrade a little more plausible.

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
No way that is fair!

Brutal!
yep. we have enough depth d-men, we dont have a whole lot of natural centers

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 05:32 PM
Harrison Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilswede View Post
A polite no thank you from NJ. Travis Zajac went through a sophomore slump last year, but will turn into a really solid no.2 center in this league. He's only 23 and is entering only his third season. He will get much better.

Krajicek is a solid d-man, but not the kind of calibre we need to get better. Bieksa is somewhat of a value I'm thinking in exchange for Zajac, but I doubt I would make the trade even then from NJ's standpoint. We have a Bieksa type coming up in Matt Corrente and even if he's not at the same level yet, he will be.

That's why I wouldn't give up a young, promising center like Zajac. Especielly not in exchange for Lukas Krajicek.
perfect post. exactly what i was thinking.

Harrison Ford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 05:35 PM
Goose Huckabee

i used to hold the opposite opinion, but after watching his first game this preseason zajac looks like he's ready to be a more than capable 2nd line center this year that still has upside, which makes him pretty untouchable given the devils' lack of a potential fill-in should he go. for the devils to trade one of their top-6 forwards, especially their one natural center, they'd have to at least get a top-3 defenseman in return, and krajicek is not that, at least not yet.

bieksa fits that top-3 mold, but a zajac for bieksa trade isn't a cap-savvy move for the devils, and, as has been noted, we have a younger bieksa clone on the way up in corrente, though it looks like he's still a year away.

edler is someone i personally covet, and i imagine a deal based around a zajac for edler exchange would garner some very serious consideration on nj's side, but that might look as foolish to you as the krajicek one does to us.

even then, i think it's still too early for nj to tell if zajac is someone they can trade. if he regresses from where he started the preseason then you pull the trigger on an edler trade, but if he manages to improve then probably not.

Goose Huckabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 06:37 PM
topheavyhookjaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose Huckabee View Post
i used to hold the opposite opinion, but after watching his first game this preseason zajac looks like he's ready to be a more than capable 2nd line center this year that still has upside, which makes him pretty untouchable given the devils' lack of a potential fill-in should he go. for the devils to trade one of their top-6 forwards, especially their one natural center, they'd have to at least get a top-3 defenseman in return, and krajicek is not that, at least not yet.

bieksa fits that top-3 mold, but a zajac for bieksa trade isn't a cap-savvy move for the devils, and, as has been noted, we have a younger bieksa clone on the way up in corrente, though it looks like he's still a year away.

edler is someone i personally covet, and i imagine a deal based around a zajac for edler exchange would garner some very serious consideration on nj's side, but that might look as foolish to you as the krajicek one does to us.

even then, i think it's still too early for nj to tell if zajac is someone they can trade. if he regresses from where he started the preseason then you pull the trigger on an edler trade, but if he manages to improve then probably not.
Exactly my thought, I understand why the Devils wouldn't do this trade. It seems the assets being discussed here all make both sides cringe, for us to give Edler, we start wanting Parise, not Zajac, and naturall NJ doesn't want to part with Zach for any price. I was hoping the Rolston signing might have made Zajac more moveable

Old
09-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Missionhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by topheavyhookjaw View Post
Exactly my thought, I understand why the Devils wouldn't do this trade. It seems the assets being discussed here all make both sides cringe, for us to give Edler, we start wanting Parise, not Zajac, and naturall NJ doesn't want to part with Zach for any price. I was hoping the Rolston signing might have made Zajac more moveable
Your going to need to add more than Edler if you want Parise.

Missionhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 06:49 PM
topheavyhookjaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionHockey View Post
Your going to need to add more than Edler if you want Parise.
Thats kind of my point, its looking like both sides have assets coveted by the other, just not of similar enough value to get a deal done, Krajicek isn't enough for Zajac, Zajac isn't enough for Edler, and Edler isn't enough for Parise, and because they are young players, picks don't level the trade well enough to work out a deal

Old
09-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Goose Huckabee

a parise for edler deal would never go through on the devils side, regardless of the picks involved. parise has proven he's an emerging star in this league, whereas edler is relatively unproven. i personally don't doubt his future stardom, and i would be ecstatic if he were a devil, but never if parise is what goes out the door for him. parise is an essential piece to our team, our most indispensable forward, and the same certainly cannot be said for edler in vancouver.

a zajac for edler trade works in principle because both players have not yet firmly established themselves as certified nhlers. edler has done more and, at least in my opinion, has much more potential, so the devils would have to include a considerable amount of additional value to balance it out. so let's say, for the sake of argument:

edler + '09 4th

for

zajac + greene + '09 3rd

Goose Huckabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 07:32 PM
hackey
You're Not Bored...

Nucks don't need anymore Top 9 forwards...
They need 1 Top 6 legit scorer.. preferably a center

hackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 08:46 PM
God
Free Citizen

Quote:
a parise for edler deal would never go through on the devils side, regardless of the picks involved. parise has proven he's an emerging star in this league, whereas edler is relatively unproven. i personally don't doubt his future stardom, and i would be ecstatic if he were a devil, but never if parise is what goes out the door for him. parise is an essential piece to our team, our most indispensable forward, and the same certainly cannot be said for edler in vancouver.

a zajac for edler trade works in principle because both players have not yet firmly established themselves as certified nhlers. edler has done more and, at least in my opinion, has much more potential, so the devils would have to include a considerable amount of additional value to balance it out. so let's say, for the sake of argument:

edler + '09 4th

for

zajac + greene + '09 3rd
As posted before, it would take Parise to get Edler out of here. Otherwise, it's a terrible downgrade for us.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:

edler + '09 4th

for

zajac + greene + '09 3rd
Greene is garbage and the 3rd and 4th are really worthless IMO. Zajac and Edler are both good, but i see Edler being the better player in the deal, and having more potential. I think it would have to take a big money player or superstar to get Edler out of Vancouver IMO.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 09:29 PM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Greene is garbage and the 3rd and 4th are really worthless IMO. Zajac and Edler are both good, but i see Edler being the better player in the deal, and having more potential. I think it would have to take a big money player or superstar to get Edler out of Vancouver IMO.
Like Blair Betts?

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
Like Blair Betts?
Because i said Blair Betts is better suited for the 4th line than Petr Nedved. Yeah he's a superstar alright.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Joey Moss

meh.. i dont see NJ doing it.. I think if Zajac is there than Edler should be involved.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 09:35 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Zajac is going nowhere. A large frame, strong on the puck, good skater and upside as a scorer and playmaker. I expect a 20/40 season out of Zajac and 25 45 potential.

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2008, 05:04 AM
Devilswede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao View Post
As posted before, it would take Parise to get Edler out of here. Otherwise, it's a terrible downgrade for us.
Boy are you seriously overrating Edler if you think like that. If someone offered you Parise in exchange for Edler, you should grab the deal and run away and hide, because that would be the steal of the century.

Edler is good, but that's it. He's no superstar in the making...Parise is. And his two straight 30+ goal seasons at the age of 22 and 23 speak for themselves. He'll hit 45-50 eventually this guy.

Devilswede is offline   Reply With Quote