HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Chipchura

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Lone Rogue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Acutally he coudn't get better coaches then Carbonneau or Muller to show him how to win face-offs even if he paid for a coach with his own pockets
Are you sure? I mean, maybe the Canadiens will sign Yanic Perreault to an AHL contract to teach Chips how to do faceoffs. I'd call that better than Carbo or Muller

Old
10-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Teufelsdreck

I would be curious to know how Timmins would rate his own draft picks to date, since he selected Lapierre in 2003 and Chipchura in 2004.

Old
10-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Are you sure? I mean, maybe the Canadiens will sign Yanic Perreault to an AHL contract to teach Chips how to do faceoffs. I'd call that better than Carbo or Muller
They'd also have to hire someone else to teach Chips what to do when he lost faceoffs, since Perreault didn't excel at that.

Old
10-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
They'd also have to hire someone else to teach Chips what to do when he lost faceoffs, since Perreault didn't excel at that.
Haha.

Perreault: Now, once you win the face off Kyle, you goto directly to the bench so...
Lever: NO! Just win the face off Chips, kay?
Chipchura: I'm so confused...

Old
10-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Haha.

Perreault: Now, once you win the face off Kyle, you goto directly to the bench so...
Lever: NO! Just win the face off Chips, kay?
Chipchura: I'm so confused...
lol...good one.

10-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Renaud Lavoie seems convinced Chipchura is starting the year here. Check the Carbo extension video on RDS.ca.

Old
10-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Renaud Lavoie seems convinced Chipchura is starting the year here. Check the Carbo extension video on RDS.ca.
Yeah. Just the way he said, saying that Chipchura should start the year in Montreal. That means that Weber is being send in the AHL, 'cause with Bouillon's injury, he might be place on the IR letting Chip start the year. We then have 14 forwards including Chip and 7 d-man with Brisebois as a started and Dandenault as the #7....until Bouillon comes back and either Dandenault is being waived or Chip is being sent down.

Old
10-03-2008, 12:42 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
I am not sure if he meant that would be the sequence of events happening though, even though he talked about Bouillon's injury being a matter of a few days, perhaps a week or two right after.

Old
10-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Bullsmith

I really hope Chips is here to stay. I've liked what I've seen from him late in camp. Lapierre's act might be more useful on the wing. I prefer a center who passes.

Old
10-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
I really hope Chips is here to stay. I've liked what I've seen from him late in camp. Lapierre's act might be more useful on the wing. I prefer a center who passes.
You are right. And Lapierre can't pass.

Old
10-03-2008, 02:22 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
You are right. And Lapierre won't pass.
Fixed.

Old
10-03-2008, 02:29 PM
BadKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Fixed.
True that... Lapierre's offensive IQ reminds me alot of Dandenault's, they always find a way to do the less threatening play possible.

Old
10-03-2008, 02:33 PM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKiwi View Post
True that... Lapierre's offensive IQ reminds me alot of Dandenault's, they always find a way to do the less threatening play possible.
Actually Lapierre reminds me more of Begin than Dandenault.

Old
10-03-2008, 02:46 PM
BadKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnthomas View Post
Actually Lapierre reminds me more of Begin than Dandenault.
His offensive IQ... not the overall player

Old
10-03-2008, 02:48 PM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKiwi View Post
Why offencive IQ? he doesn't have a QI...

Old
10-03-2008, 03:15 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
Why offencive IQ? he doesn't have a QI...
...hum...

yeah of course!

Old
10-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Erika

The thing with Chipchura is that being a "defensive centerman"", his face-off skills are such a disgrace to that position.

I mean, how come that a guy who played all of his line at center is that miserable in the circle ?! Nobody taught him how do to face-offs properly ?!

With some okay face-off skills, he would've made this team in front of Lapierre, Begin and all... Again in his last game, he won only 25% of his face-offs (Versus Detroit I think)... I remembered 2 important that he lost in his own zone, giving scoring chances to the opposition.

For a supposely defensive centermen, being so weak in this aspect of the game is just beyond me...

Old
10-03-2008, 04:04 PM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
The thing with Chipchura is that being a "defensive centerman"", his face-off skills are such a disgrace to that position.

I mean, how come that a guy who played all of his line at center is that miserable in the circle ?! Nobody taught him how do to face-offs properly ?!

With some okay face-off skills, he would've made this team in front of Lapierre, Begin and all... Again in his last game, he won only 25% of his face-offs (Versus Detroit I think)... I remembered 2 important that he lost in his own zone, giving scoring chances to the opposition.

For a supposely defensive centermen, being so weak in this aspect of the game is just beyond me...

For once I agree with this post, little exageration as usual, but still a defensife C must be good at faceoffs, he would have stayed all year last year if it wasn't for that aspect.

Old
10-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post
For once I agree with this post, little exageration as usual, but still a defensife C must be good at faceoffs, he would have stayed all year last year if it wasn't for that aspect.
He wasn't abysmal, though. It's an exaggeration to treat it like he was absolutely terrible. 43.8% is not "great' by any stretch of the imagination, but to compare, Evgeni Malkin had a 39.9% faceoff rating, Jordan Staal had a 42.2%, Patrick O'Sullivan had a 44% and Mike Ribeiro, who people still yip about Montreal losing, only had a 45% faceoff rating. Now, will Chipchura ever produce like those four? Likely not, but as a fourth line center, when you compare the faceoff rating that got him sent down to other fourth liners, we were really just hard on Chip to make sure he was even better this year.

And he is.

Old
10-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone View Post
"Kyle will be coming into camp as the fourth centre and it will be his job to lose," Gainey said.

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazett...c-3070a2c5551a
This quote is pre-Lang Trade.

Old
10-03-2008, 05:14 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post

When you're talking about a sample size of 8 faceoffs, percentages are meaningless. Faceoff stats are only meaningful when measured in the hundreds - anyone can get lucky and win 6 of 8.

That said, you have a point, Chip has to improve his faceoffs. He only won 43.8% of them last year, which is no good for someone who will have to take a lot of d-zone faceoffs to play his role.

Old
10-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
This quote is pre-Lang Trade.
Yeah, you're about the fourth person to point that out.

It doesn't matter, the statement is not irrellevant. Gainey knew he was getting a big right-handed center when he made the statement. Lang was brought in to be the third line center, Chips will be fourth. Lapierre can go back to the wing where he belongs; where he began.

Old
10-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone View Post
Yeah, you're about the fourth person to point that out.

It doesn't matter, the statement is not irrellevant. Gainey knew he was getting a big right-handed center when he made the statement. Lang was brought in to be the third line center, Chips will be fourth. Lapierre can go back to the wing where he belongs; where he began.
Gainey's actual quote and I listened to the press conference was more along the lines of, we have four NHL ready centres right now... he was referring to Lappy as one of those 4 as well. The way he answered he was not assuming we would get another centre.

Old
10-03-2008, 08:31 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Chipchura is going to start in Hamilton, this is pretty much settled :

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/260994.html

Quote:
Le Canadien avait décidé de sa formation avant même le début du camp d'entraînement. Deux semaines plus tard, rien n'a changé, Bob Gainey confirmant vendredi que le Tricolore commencera la saison avec les 23 joueurs déjà liés par contrat. C'est dire que Max Pacioretty, Kyle Chipchura et Yannick Weber vont entreprendre la saison à Hamilton. A moins de blessures à des titulaires.
Quote:
The Canadiens are going to start this year with the 23 players already under NHL contract, which confirms that Chipchura, Pacioretty and Weber will all start the year in Hamilton.

Old
10-03-2008, 09:04 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

****!

A trade needs to be made, and people need to be cut. No way Chips should be in Hamilton...

Closed Thread