HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chipchura

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2008, 11:05 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
That's my view. If I had to keep only one, I wouldn't hesitate to take Chipchura. He is simply the better player.

As for the competition, I don't see Chipchura competing with Begin, Kostopolous and Dandenault, who's in a league of his own anyway because of his role as veteran 14th forward/8th defenceman. Chipchura is the only center in that group. In fact, even including Lapierre, I'd say he's the only real center after the top 9 cut-off.

I'm with those who think that Lapierre is really made to be a W/C. He doesn't have the smarts to play center beyond a limited minute energy line role. But he's still a useful bottom player. He's big, fast, and fiesty. He's RH and can play some center and kill penalties. To me, that all adds up to making one of Begin or Kostopolous expendable.
Agreed...personally, I think Bégin is expendable but some people think he's invaluable. I don't agree with that, he's barely played the last few years and the Habs have managed just fine.

A.Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev
Higgins-Koivu-Tanguay
Latendresse-Lang-S.Kostitsyn
Lapierre-Chipchura-Laraque/Kostopoulos
Dandenault (he has value to the Habs as a swing player W/D)

Markov-Komisarek
Hamrlik-O'Byrne
Bouillon-Gorges
Brisebois

This should be the lineup IMO, it's clear to me that Chipchura is an NHL player, the 4th line could use his smarts and smart positionning.

Old
10-02-2008, 11:08 AM
dcyhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
for a player that went 2-8 on faceooffs, Chipper really wasn't so bad, but Lang on the other hand is amaizing, he won them all cleanly, i just love how he swoops the puck
How did Chipchura not look so bad? Judging by the stats I thought he must have been brutal. Is there hope?

Old
10-02-2008, 11:13 AM
AlexMeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Andrei-Pleks-Kovy
Higgins-Koivu-Tanguay
MaxP-Lang-Sergei
Laraque-Chips-Kostopolous

Lapierre and Lats don't deserve to be in the opening night lineup, IMO.
I agree about Lapierre, but I have to disagree about Lats.

Give the kid a freaking break! Lats is going to be fine on the 3rd line.

Old
10-02-2008, 11:40 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMeth View Post
I agree about Lapierre, but I have to disagree about Lats.

Give the kid a freaking break! Lats is going to be fine on the 3rd line.
Pacioretty is a much better player than Lats. That's the bottom line and the way he has played in pre-season - he deserves a shot.

Old
10-02-2008, 11:44 AM
BadKiwi

Quote:
Pacioretty is a much better player than Lats. That's the bottom line and the way he has played in pre-season - he deserves a shot.
In previous years Latendresse also had amazing preseasons, he was the best player on the ice. Did that make him a dominant force during the real season? Give Pacioretty the time to prove he's the real deal in the AHL and then watch him blow us away. Don't rush the guy.

Old
10-02-2008, 11:46 AM
CH4

Quote:
MaxPac played 36 games last year, about 1 a week.

I don't expect him to play 82 games with the same energy.

Although he played great in preseason, no need to rush him, let him adapt to a pro-hockey schedule in AHL.

Lats will do well this year, I have faith.

Old
10-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Madevilz

Quote:
wow I cant wait for another 2-3 years when a new rookie comes up and MaxPac gets the Lats' treatment.

Old
10-02-2008, 12:06 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
wow I cant wait for another 2-3 years when a new rookie comes up and MaxPac gets the Lats' treatment.
Lats simply doesn't have the quickness to be on this team. Pacioretty does.

Now that's my opinion - but I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Pacioretty will be 20 in a month and played in college against mostly older players. I believe he deserves a chance to show what he can do in the regular season.

Old
10-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Madevilz

Quote:

Lats is 21 years old for god sake, he has all the time in the world to improve. How many 21 years old can you name who has already scored 16 goals playing 12-13 min a game in their first 2 nhl seasons?

Ya thought so.

Old
10-02-2008, 12:13 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
Lats is 21 years old for god sake, he has all the time in the world to improve. How many 21 years old can you name who has already scored 16 goals playing 12-13 min a game in their first 2 nhl seasons?

Ya thought so.
Great. I hope other teams in the league love him as much as you do so we can trade him for a top 4 d-man.

Old
10-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Quote:

Pacioretty will be 20 in a month and played in college against mostly older players. I believe he deserves a chance to show what he can do in the regular season.
Quote:
Great. I hope other teams in the league love him as much as you do so we can trade him for a top 4 d-man.

Lets not feed the trolls guys

Old
10-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
Lets not feed the trolls guys
Having an opinion is not trolling.

Even if you don't agree with him....

I don't agree on the opinion of Lats... but its not trolling to feel that way.

All you can do is bring up these posts later in the year when Lats has 25goals.

Old
10-02-2008, 01:47 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

I don’t see how Chipchura doesn’t make this team. Last night he was very good once again. I don’t understand the flak he gets…He was a lot better looking on the ice than Lang, or Lapierre from what I’ve seen in the preseason so far. I certainly noticed Chips a lot more than Lang and Latendresse, among others last night. Chips is a lot better offensively than we give him credit for.

waffledave
Old
10-02-2008, 01:52 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I don’t see how Chipchura doesn’t make this team. Last night he was very good once again. I don’t understand the flak he gets…He was a lot better looking on the ice than Lang, or Lapierre from what I’ve seen in the preseason so far. I certainly noticed Chips a lot more than Lang and Latendresse, among others last night. Chips is a lot better offensively than we give him credit for.

I completely agree but his faceoffs were horrible, 25% and Lang was a 78%!! Does anyone know how he fared in the other preseason games?

Old
10-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Maxpac didn't score a goal last night - Trade him!

Old
10-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
And especially if we envision him being at the center position of a 3rd or 4th. At the very least, it's time to see what he can do in this league, even if it's not to play every single game. But I would really really hope, though it seems that it will never happen, to see a Lapierre-Chipchura-Laraque line. My ideal 4th line. Bégin and Kosto upstairs, Dandenault somewhere.....

Old
10-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
I completely agree but his faceoffs were horrible, 25% and Lang was a 78%!! Does anyone know how he fared in the other preseason games?
he was way better against Detroit in the faceoff circle, Let's not jump on the wagon, he will have to take 1 out of maybe 6 faceoffs so we should just let him getting better

Old
10-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

I like Chipchura quite abit, I too see his offensive side of the game not getting much recognition as well. I also don't project Latendresse to be a top 6 forward anytime soon, but he and Chips compliment each other very well in the offensive zone, Lats was also starting to block shots later in the season. I wouldn't mind the two of them on the same line to further their chemistry. I believe it won't happen this year, anything lower than 3rd line duties for Chips is a waste in my opinion. Someone teach him to win more faceoffs already!

Old
10-02-2008, 02:04 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Lang at 78%?! Wow!

This guy is going to be the guy we send in for important faceoffs. It's looking great.

Old
10-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

I didn't realise the team had "quickness" requirements. I guess Laraque O'byrne and Komisarek will have to be cut or traded

So Pacioretty is new to the team and has one good preseason game under his belt but he DESERVES a spot ahead of a guy who's been here 2 years and had put in the time on the 4th line and worked on his game/skating/conditionning.

I like Pacioretty's upside but let him develop in the AHL instead of rushing him and taking somebody else's spot.

Old
10-02-2008, 02:43 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I didn't realise the team had "quickness" requirements. I guess Laraque O'byrne and Komisarek will have to be cut or traded

So Pacioretty is new to the team and has one good preseason game under his belt but he DESERVES a spot ahead of a guy who's been here 2 years and had put in the time on the 4th line and worked on his game/skating/conditionning.

I like Pacioretty's upside but let him develop in the AHL instead of rushing him and taking somebody else's spot.
Laraque and Komisarek bring other attributes to the table that cannot be filled with other guys on our roster. I think Pacioretty can equal Lats in terms of goal scoring and is a better skater and is more physical. Also O'Byrne is probably a better skater than Lats is.

I don't dislike Latendresse, I just think Patches is better and more committed to improving.

Old
10-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Laraque and Komisarek bring other attributes to the table that cannot be filled with other guys on our roster. I think Pacioretty can equal Lats in terms of goal scoring and is a better skater and is more physical. Also O'Byrne is probably a better skater than Lats is.

I don't dislike Latendresse, I just think Patches is better and more committed to improving.
and you base that on what? 3 preseason game?

I find it weird that you put down a player that is 5th in points in his draft year

Old
10-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Madevilz

Quote:
What do you know?

Lats has been spending all summer improving his skating, he also dropped a few pounds to be faster, it that not enough commitment for you? Why are you saying Patches is more committed to improving?

Until Max put up more than 16 goals on the 3rd or 4th line, I wouldnt say he's better than Lats, just my opinion.

Old
10-02-2008, 02:52 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Hab_Fan View Post
Maxpac didn't score a goal last night - Trade him!
Uhhhh, did he even play?

Old
10-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Madevilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Uhhhh, did he even play?

Main Entry:
sar·casm Listen to the pronunciation of sarcasm
Pronunciation:
\ˈsär-ˌka-zəm\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwarəs- to cut
Date:

1: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain2 a: a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b: the use or language of sarcasm
synonyms see wit

Closed Thread