HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Top Under-Achieving Players

Old
10-11-2008, 10:58 AM
MXD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I watched Turnbull's entire junior career and thought he was going to be a superstar. Wrong again.

I thought Robert Picard was going to be an elite d man as well. He seemed to have it all, size,mean streak, looked mobile at that level, but he never quite sustained it.
Picard? My (few) memories of him are that he was mobile, aggressive... Yet couldn't really play defense.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 09:03 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Picard? My (few) memories of him are that he was mobile, aggressive... Yet couldn't really play defense.
I don't know if it was cut and dried like that, I think that he just didn't get better. Some players break in, look good and don't improve. He seemed a bit deliberate if maybe that explains things, he wasn't real crisp in any aspect of the game. Even looking at his numbers, you wonder what happened.

btw, I think he's the answer to the trivia question as to who Lafeur was supposed to have had dinner with before his urban legendary accident.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote