HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

chico

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2008, 06:46 PM
guyincognito

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Why do you care so much of what someone thinks of Chico Resch? i couldn't give a rats ass if you guys think Sam Rosen was some goofy homer that didnt know hockey. i just want to know why you care so deeply?
Because most of the posters pontificating on this have no clue what they're talking about, and go above and beyond by being insulting?

It gets old, I wouldn't care much if this was an anything goes board, hell, that's the thing that annoys me the most. I just think if the site is going to be run like a collective dictatorship, that's how it should be run everywhere, if not, cool, than anyone can say whatever they want.

And spare me the "I wouldn't care", you're going to run a 15K+ post count in one year, I think you'd find a way to comment on it.

Old
09-28-2008, 06:54 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
Because most of the posters pontificating on this have no clue what they're talking about, and go above and beyond by being insulting?

It gets old, I wouldn't care much if this was an anything goes board, hell, that's the thing that annoys me the most. I just think if the site is going to be run like a collective dictatorship, that's how it should be run everywhere, if not, cool, than anyone can say whatever they want.

And spare me the "I wouldn't care", you're going to run a 15K+ post count in one year, I think you'd find a way to comment on it.
So because people have the freedom to type and post what they want, you have to freak out about it?

So because I comment on something, I have to care about it? interesting...

Old
09-28-2008, 06:59 PM
guyincognito

Quote:
So because people have the freedom to type and post what they want, you have to freak out about it?

So because I comment on something, I have to care about it? interesting...
Um, dude, what did you just ask me, so I comment on it, I care deeply, you do, you don't. Whatever.

And you don't have the freedom to type what you want, I mean you can type it, but whether I like it or not, the site does have rules. Take a look.

http://hfboards.com/misc.php?do=cfrules

Old
09-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Um, dude, what did you just ask me, so I comment on it, I care deeply, you do, you don't. Whatever.

And you don't have the freedom to type what you want, I mean you can type it, but whether I like it or not, the site does have rules. Take a look.

http://hfboards.com/misc.php?do=cfrules
I know the site has rules. But you do have the freedom to type something you don't like. How does this become a nuisance. All he said is that he disliked Chico Resch and thought he was annoying and you reply by saying:

Quote:
I'm sorry he had some bad things to say about your team, it's amazing the level you guys can dish it out but can't take it.

I just think alot of you have no experience with anything not Pro-Ranger, because Chico is not a homer at all. Is he a good announcer? No, but he's not a homer. If you want to see homers, plunk down some money and watch CI.

And I'll do this within even getting into Joe or casting a wide brush.
of course nothing you say is not allowed by the site. But all your really doing is complaining about someones opinion. Are you really that insecure where you freak out if someone makes fun of your damn color-commentary guy? really?

Old
09-28-2008, 07:06 PM
ALine9900

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
come on. i would never ever make these representations had i not heard him on many, many occasions. like that was the first time id ever heard him? um, no. i watch plenty of devils games as i am a hockey fan not just a rangers fan. so please, stop with the "have you ever watched a devs game" stuff. i will admit though to turning the sound down on many devils games because of chico usually at the point that he starts to really get to me.

like maybe, the first stoppage.....
How do you watch us from Syracuse?

Old
09-28-2008, 07:06 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

bro, relax. are you related to chico or something?

i was merely stating how anoying he is with his anti-ranger agenda. nothing more.

and it was avery who called him that, so i was simply quoting sean. i even linked it for your pleasure...er to confirm.

this is an open forum. we arent swearing or threatening or being rude even. this is an open discussion about chico and his style of broadcasting.

Old
09-28-2008, 07:07 PM
guyincognito

Quote:
I know the site has rules. But you do have the freedom to type something you don't like. How does this become a nuisance. All he said is that he disliked Chico Resch and thought he was annoying and you reply by saying:

of course nothing you say is not allowed by the site. But all your really doing is complaining about someones opinion. Are you really that insecure where you freak out if someone makes fun of your damn color-commentary guy? really?
Read the rest of the thread. All I ask is that the rules are enforced the same way for everyone. I'm not going into it further than that, I'm done here.

Old
09-28-2008, 07:09 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALine9900 View Post
How do you watch us from Syracuse?
on television. any other questions?

you guys are on plenty here and the isles too. we get your broadcasts many nights instead of the rangers due to the stupid nhl blackout rules with the sabres being the controling team in our market.

Old
09-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Read the rest of the thread. All I ask is that the rules are enforced the same way for everyone. I'm not going into it further than that, I'm done here.
What the hell are you talking about? No one did anything wrong. On the Rangers board, Rangers fans said they dislike Chico Resch, and Devils posters come in and say Al Trautwig, or Dave Maloney is much worse. Did any of the Devils posters get infractions, did they get warnings. No. Thank god your done, because you are making no sense.

Old
09-28-2008, 07:22 PM
ALine9900

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
on television. any other questions?

you guys are on plenty here and the isles too. we get your broadcasts many nights instead of the rangers due to the stupid nhl blackout rules with the sabres being the controling team in our market.
Nope.

Old
09-28-2008, 08:51 PM
JerseyRangers

Chico is an idiot and a complete homer. His undying love for Marty Prodiver is beyond creepy -- I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Chico is a proud card carrying member of MAMBA. Now he's getting a woody talking about Parise. He's a complete joke and him and the lil' debbies franchise deserve one another!!! Can't wait until Prodiver gets lit up by the Rangers and Chico is crying on air how its a shame that his love child doesn't get more respect from the Ranger faithful!!

Old
09-28-2008, 08:56 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
We feel the same way about the Rangers broadcast guys. Maloney is a tool who likes to say things that have no relevance so long as its about the Rangers, regardless of where the conversation was going. Michelleti is just as much of a homer.

And like someone else said, Chico generally makes excuses for goalies, whether it's Marty or Weekes or the opposition's goalie. Obviously, having called Devils games for so long and being able to watch one of the greatest goalies of all time on a nightly basis, he's going to become a Brodeur fan.
how exactly is michelleti a homer when he did islanders broadcasting for years upon years and guess what yeah he liked commenting for the islanders.

Old
09-28-2008, 09:05 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Great guy when I met him.

But he's a horrible commentator. One of the worst around, if not the worst.
Same here. Extremely nice guy, but a terrible commentator.

And I for one am SHOCKED to see multiple Devils fans on this thread. Defensive, much?

Old
09-28-2008, 10:04 PM
ALine9900

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
Same here. Extremely nice guy, but a terrible commentator.

And I for one am SHOCKED to see multiple Devils fans on this thread. Defensive, much?
Over Chico? Yes.

Old
09-28-2008, 10:10 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
Of course they are defensive, this is the Devils we are talking about. They play defensive, and act defensive.

Old
09-28-2008, 10:31 PM
danno2530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
Of course they are defensive, this is the Devils we are talking about. They play defensive, and act defensive.

Just hit me as strange. I could really care less what Devils fans think of Sam and Joe if there was a thread over there.

Old
09-28-2008, 10:41 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

did you guys notice how he stuck up for the rags when their player was tossed? or how he bit his tongue when all those calls were made, against both sides? he really isn't a homer. hes a devils fan, but he makes excuses for both teams' goalies all the time. hes more of a 'goalie homer'. he even tried to say that lundqvist was MAYBE in some pain, and thats why he played like a it was his first time playing hockey ever the other night. and having met him, i can say he is the most down to earth guy ever, and has more class than any fan on the devs or rags boards.

basically, you guys can all 'split the pickle'

Old
09-28-2008, 11:01 PM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

Debbies fans can't stand anything negative said about any part of their organization, even if it's true. Bunch of whiny little schoolgirls if you ask me... looks like Marty has rubbed off on all of them!!!

and Can mods please ban this nineteenforty guy from the Rangers board... all his posts on this board have been of the flaming variety, which prob tells a lot about his character...

Old
09-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

what a mess

Old
09-28-2008, 11:09 PM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanktasticVoyage35 View Post
Maloney wasn't as bad of a Ranger homer than chico was a devils homer. I would also say that although Micheletti and Sam obviously work for the Rangers and lean towards them, they give a lot of credit to the other team when it is due. I find them to be one of the least biased pair of announcers out there. Chico was atrocious!! OTOH, Doc I find to be very fair in his assessments. But chico is so blatant it isn't even funny!

I think it's ironic because isn't chico paid by msg now?
No, Doc, Chico, Matt, and Sherry are Devils employees. Doc, Chico, and Matt all have rings from the 2003 Cup, and rings are only given to employees.

And you can't be serious if you don't think Maloney was bad. Before the game even started it was just him blabbing about the Rangers and nothing else. Then whenever Doc and Chico tried to talk about anything Devils related, he'd just spin it into a Rangers discussion. Maloney was pulling off more spins that night than Bill O'Reilly in the No Spin Zone. And we all know Bill O'Reilly is a giant doouche. So what does that make Maloney? Exactly...

Old
09-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Das Uber
Kitten Mittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanktasticVoyage35 View Post
Debbies fans can't stand anything negative said about any part of their organization, even if it's true. Bunch of whiny little schoolgirls if you ask me... looks like Marty has rubbed off on all of them!!!

and Can mods please ban this nineteenforty guy from the Rangers board... all his posts on this board have been of the flaming variety, which prob tells a lot about his character...
LOL. Umm you guys created a thread whining about Chico for saying negative things about the Rangers. Oh, the hypocrisy...

Old
09-28-2008, 11:15 PM
danno2530

At least Devils fans have never made any threads complaining about anything related to the Rangers.

Old
09-29-2008, 12:23 AM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeonta View Post
No, Doc, Chico, Matt, and Sherry are Devils employees. Doc, Chico, and Matt all have rings from the 2003 Cup, and rings are only given to employees.

And you can't be serious if you don't think Maloney was bad. Before the game even started it was just him blabbing about the Rangers and nothing else. Then whenever Doc and Chico tried to talk about anything Devils related, he'd just spin it into a Rangers discussion. Maloney was pulling off more spins that night than Bill O'Reilly in the No Spin Zone. And we all know Bill O'Reilly is a giant doouche. So what does that make Maloney? Exactly...

At least Maloney didn't take personal stabs at Devils' players. Chico made two blatant ones against Lundqvist and Redden and tried to play it off like he was just joking around. It's the main reason chico and joe got into a back and forth on the air live...

Old
09-29-2008, 01:36 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
I bet alot of people didn't know this ,but from what i read cochino...i mean chico HATED weekes guts when he first came to NJ,just because his last team was the rangers , and "eventually" his hissy fit went away and he started calling him kevin. i was actually watching the first game weekes started and i was laughing at how criticiszing(sp) he was of his own team's backup

Old
09-29-2008, 07:38 AM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
"Chico Eats" is a great segment, but other than that the guy is horrid and doesn't belong on tv.
did you see the segment where he eats Brodeur's ****?

Closed Thread