HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Former Ducks Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-25-2011, 03:39 AM
  #676
1manband
Registered User
 
1manband's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: England
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Pronger got hurt last night. Took a stick in the eye by the sounds of it. same situation as when Kane caught him up high

1manband is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 07:56 AM
  #677
TesseracT
Mercedes AMG F1
 
TesseracT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 5,616
vCash: 500
Man, Bryzgalov is in a bad place right now. Says he has "zero confidence in himself". I hope he turns it around quick because Philly eats goalies alive even when it's not the goalie's fault for losses.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp15994


TesseracT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 09:54 PM
  #678
Gibson Les Palms
Registered User
 
Gibson Les Palms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,537
vCash: 814
Lupul with a hat-trick tonight. Glad to see him doing well.

Gibson Les Palms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 02:43 AM
  #679
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 17,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazy View Post
Lupul with a hat-trick tonight. Glad to see him doing well.
Leaf's fans coming in to mock the trade in 3....2....1...

mightyquack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:37 AM
  #680
DPyro
Registered User
 
DPyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Leaf's fans coming in to mock the trade in 3....2....1...
Not troll...but I'm curious how ducks fans feel about the trade now if Lupul keeps it up. Jake Gardiner looks like a gem.

DPyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:56 AM
  #681
JabbaJabba
Registered User
 
JabbaJabba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 4,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPyro View Post
Not troll...but I'm curious how ducks fans feel about the trade now if Lupul keeps it up. Jake Gardiner looks like a gem.
How do we feel?

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 10:15 AM
  #682
mighty all the way
Registered User
 
mighty all the way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 1,652
vCash: 500
I'm not that upset with the trade, we needed a top 4 Dman, at the time we had Lilja and Sutton those two wouldn't get us to playoffs. So BM set out to get one and he chose Beauch probably because it will be an easier adjustment switching teams in midseason. Lupul was coming off an injury and yes I loved the guy but our roster didn't really have room for him. Lupul would have been on the third line where as in Toronto he's on your first. So I'm happy for Loops for that reason. Then Gardiner yes he would have been great to have but we have Schultz that was his partner in college that was the only defenseman nominated for the Hobey Baker Award. With having young Dman like Fowler, Sbisa, Vatanen, and Schultz so we had the luxury to trade Gardiner.

mighty all the way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 11:04 AM
  #683
Elvs
Registered User
 
Elvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pitea
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,741
vCash: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPyro View Post
Not troll...but I'm curious how ducks fans feel about the trade now if Lupul keeps it up. Jake Gardiner looks like a gem.
I've always been a fan of Lupul so I'm just happy to see him do this good. I don't think Lupul would be anywhere close to his 14 points if he was playing with the Ducks though, only one player on the Ducks has more than 8 points as of now.

With Bobby Ryan here, he wasn't going to play on the top line and he wasn't successfull on the left wing in Anaheim. I don't think he'd be a fit on the left wing with Koivu and Selanne. And if Blake didn't get injured (which was impossible to know at the time of the trade), Lupul would have been on the 3rd line.

Meanwhile, Beauchemin is off a good start. Playing physical, blocking a lot of shots, eating minutes and so far has 4 points on the board. Right now I'm mostly bummed about losing Gardiner. Hopefully Schultz or Vatanen can pan out and become just as good.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 11:09 AM
  #684
Hockey Duckie
Registered User
 
Hockey Duckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: southern cal
Posts: 2,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPyro View Post
Not troll...but I'm curious how ducks fans feel about the trade now if Lupul keeps it up. Jake Gardiner looks like a gem.
This! Really didn't want Jake to be traded, but the Ducks needed an NHL ready defenseman. Although, this didn't need to happen if the Ducks would have re-signed Beauch instead of trading for him and losing Jake!

I really would have liked the tandem of Gardiner-Schultz to develop as they were an awesome pairing in college.

Just for comparison. (For this 2011 -2012 season.)
Name
Games Played Goals Assists Points +/- Hits Block Shots
Fowler
13
0
5
5
-2
8
17
Gardiner
11
0
5
5
-1
5
19

Hockey Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 11:31 AM
  #685
JabbaJabba
Registered User
 
JabbaJabba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 4,015
vCash: 500
Fowler-Sbisa
Schultz-Gardiner
Clark-Vatanen

Sure would have been a nice lineup.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 02:08 PM
  #686
vezna*
Canada's Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 8,666
vCash: 500
an article about gardiner being a rookie. thought you guys might like reading it

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/blogs/jonas_siegel/?id=379710

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 02:26 PM
  #687
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!
 
KelVarnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mission Viejo
Country: United States
Posts: 3,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Duckie View Post
This! Really didn't want Jake to be traded, but the Ducks needed an NHL ready defenseman. Although, this didn't need to happen if the Ducks would have re-signed Beauch instead of trading for him and losing Jake!

I really would have liked the tandem of Gardiner-Schultz to develop as they were an awesome pairing in college.

Just for comparison. (For this 2011 -2012 season.)
Name
Games Played Goals Assists Points +/- Hits Block Shots
Fowler
13
0
5
5
-2
8
17
Gardiner
11
0
5
5
-1
5
19
Fowler is playing 25.5 mins a game and Gardiner is playing 18 mins a game. Some might say that Fowler should have more points then but I would say Gardiner would not be able to play at that level with more mins.

Gardiner is going to be good and it sucked to lose him. However, management must think Schultz will be just as good as Gardiner or better.

KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 02:48 PM
  #688
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 25,220
vCash: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Duckie View Post
This! Really didn't want Jake to be traded, but the Ducks needed an NHL ready defenseman. Although, this didn't need to happen if the Ducks would have re-signed Beauch instead of trading for him and losing Jake!

I really would have liked the tandem of Gardiner-Schultz to develop as they were an awesome pairing in college.

Just for comparison. (For this 2011 -2012 season.)
Name
Games Played Goals Assists Points +/- Hits Block Shots
Fowler
13
0
5
5
-2
8
17
Gardiner
11
0
5
5
-1
5
19
That comparison is really misleading.

Gardiner is getting sheltered minutes, on one of the hottest teams to start the season. He's playing almost 18 minutes a game, in a lesser role, and has 2 years of extra development on Fowler. I think Gardiner has been great to start the season, but Fowler is well above Gardiner's level right now. The difference is a top pairing defenseman vs. an arguable top 4 defenseman, and then beyond even that.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 02:52 PM
  #689
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 25,220
vCash: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Fowler is playing 25.5 mins a game and Gardiner is playing 18 mins a game. Some might say that Fowler should have more points then but I would say Gardiner would not be able to play at that level with more mins.

Gardiner is going to be good and it sucked to lose him. However, management must think Schultz will be just as good as Gardiner or better.
To be fair, Fowler really should have more points, but they will come. The Ducks need more offense, and Fowler isn't alone in not having as many points as he should.

In regards to the minutes, there is no doubt Gardiner would be less effective with more minutes. Phaneuf is Toronto's go-to guy. Gardiner might be capable of that at some point(but it's too early to tell), but he's not ready to be the anchor right now. He still shows that he's a rookie defenseman.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 01:32 AM
  #690
Unholy
waifu
 
Unholy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southern California
Country: United States
Posts: 9,783
vCash: 500
Kuni with some kind of night. Got boarded then ended up tying the game up and getting the SO winner I believe.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=96509&type=sigpic&dateline=1325746233
Unholy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 01:49 PM
  #691
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander
 
Lord Flashheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bananaland crapital
Country: Croatia
Posts: 3,774
vCash: 500
Moen continues to play strong for Montreal.

Lord Flashheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 08:52 PM
  #692
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander
 
Lord Flashheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bananaland crapital
Country: Croatia
Posts: 3,774
vCash: 500
Lupul: http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip574282#clip574282

EDIT: Sounds like there's some resentment in him.


Last edited by Lord Flashheart: 11-24-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Lord Flashheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 10:04 PM
  #693
snarktacular
Moderator
Ducks tank is on!
 
snarktacular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 16,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
Lupul: http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip574282#clip574282

EDIT: Sounds like there's some resentment in him.
The "they said I couldn't play left wing" was what bothered me.

I generally like Carlyle. But I don't think he has done a good job of making players fit to new positions. I guess Ryan has transitioned to LW OK, but other things like Ryan to center or Lupul to LW. In fact I thought Lupul did play LW a bit way back when.

I just don't think they have enough patience to help a player learn a new position if they don't pick it up instantly. It needs a commitment, like an entire offseason. Tell the player they are going to make the switch, have them study tape or practice it during the summer. Then let them play it for more than just a few scrimmages and preseason games. I think the plug gets pulled too early.

Lupul as the LW on the top line and Ryan as a center anchor for the 2nd line just made so much sense.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:46 PM
  #694
Paul4587
Moderator
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 14,182
vCash: 500
I think it was more to do with his $4.25M salary as opposed to whether he was good enough or not, I don't think he was ever in Anaheims plans because of his salary and their wanting to get rid of it. Hence the implied agreement between Murray and Burke "we want Beauchemin but you have to take Lupul off our hands." I'm a huge fan of Beauchemin (not so much for his abilities but for never back down, team first attitude and style of play) but I hated and still hate that trade. Poor asset management by not re-signing Beauchemin in the first place and the trade itself was overpayment (a slightly overpaid, good second liner and top prospect for a #3-4 defenseman). Compare that to the Brewer trade where Tampa gave up all of a second round pick.

I blame both Carlyle and Murray. Lupul looked good with Getzlaf and Perry in 2009-10 before he was hurt. He scored 10 goals in 23 games, a 35 goal pace (I know he likely wouldn't have kept the pace but still).

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 10:40 AM
  #695
Gutchecktime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
That comparison is really misleading.

Gardiner is getting sheltered minutes, on one of the hottest teams to start the season. He's playing almost 18 minutes a game, in a lesser role, and has 2 years of extra development on Fowler. I think Gardiner has been great to start the season, but Fowler is well above Gardiner's level right now. The difference is a top pairing defenseman vs. an arguable top 4 defenseman, and then beyond even that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
To be fair, Fowler really should have more points, but they will come. The Ducks need more offense, and Fowler isn't alone in not having as many points as he should.

In regards to the minutes, there is no doubt Gardiner would be less effective with more minutes. Phaneuf is Toronto's go-to guy. Gardiner might be capable of that at some point(but it's too early to tell), but he's not ready to be the anchor right now. He still shows that he's a rookie defenseman.
I'd agree with you in that the fact that he's a rookie still shows and he obviously isn't an 'anchor' yet but I don't really feel that he's getting sheltered minutes - he played 28:34 last night vs. Dallas. Granted, we had some injuries but that's still more than Schenn, Liles, and Phaneuf. I think Wilson has shown a lot of trust in him.

Gutchecktime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 06:36 PM
  #696
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander
 
Lord Flashheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bananaland crapital
Country: Croatia
Posts: 3,774
vCash: 500
Moen with another one, 8th of the season.

Lord Flashheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 08:13 PM
  #697
Gibson Les Palms
Registered User
 
Gibson Les Palms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,537
vCash: 814
Per Stephens

Quote:
Ex-Duck Joffrey Lupul on RC: "In my conversation with Randy, he said he didn’t think I had the skill to play left wing in this league."
Quote:
Lupul: When I came back from injury, they didn’t want me here. It was pretty obvious to me and obvious to the rest of the guys on the team.
Lupul could be exaggerating a little, but I definitely don't like hearing this type of stuff.

Gibson Les Palms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 08:22 PM
  #698
Selanne138
Registered User
 
Selanne138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,479
vCash: 500
Came in here to post the same quotes J.T.

Its embarrassing to me honestly, that our misjudgement of talent is the reason we lost Gardiner. Lupul was "baggage" to get rid of, because we couldnt use him properly.

Imagine

LPG (Which had success)
Ryan-Finns

Then we have experience in Blake to use in the bottom 6 come playoffs, that would have helped so much. Plus this year, we have another option to use when we are struggling so badly to score goals.

Great job Carlyle, its clear Lupul doesnt have the talent to play left wing. Coach of the Year

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 08:26 PM
  #699
Gibson Les Palms
Registered User
 
Gibson Les Palms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,537
vCash: 814
Yeah, kinda hope he shows RC up tomorrow.

Gibson Les Palms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 08:34 PM
  #700
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia
 
TheFlyingV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Came in here to post the same quotes J.T.

Its embarrassing to me honestly, that our misjudgement of talent is the reason we lost Gardiner. Lupul was "baggage" to get rid of, because we couldnt use him properly.

Imagine

LPG (Which had success)
Ryan-Finns

Then we have experience in Blake to use in the bottom 6 come playoffs, that would have helped so much. Plus this year, we have another option to use when we are struggling so badly to score goals.

Great job Carlyle, its clear Lupul doesnt have the talent to play left wing. Coach of the Year
LPG
Ryan-Finns
Blake-Cogliano-filler

Hey look its that three line scoring system thats been soo hard to put together.

TheFlyingV is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.