Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Former Ducks Discussion

Old
11-26-2011, 08:41 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

vCash: 500
Lupul was baggage to be gotten rid of because he was well underperforming his contract, had a reputation as being a party boy here and in Philly, the Ducks had 2 well functioning lines, and he couldn't cut it on the third line. He would have been pencilled in again on the third line this year, hopefully eking his way toward 40-45 points again. He had NEVER in 3 cities shown ANY sniff of being a PPG guy. The Toronto fans and media thought also wanted no part of him, based on his previous play and behavior in three cities. Can we please all stop acting like he was the savior and we knew it all along? Especially as nobody believes the Toronto offense will keep this up over the course of the season?

On the other hand it appears there is an easy answer to Paul when he asks who has done better outside of Carlyle's system

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 09:33 PM
Selanne138

Our entire bottom 6 last year, scored 63 points. I would have been happy with Lupul if he had 35 friggen points. I understand we were a budget team, but dont waste the money on Ruutu and Winchester who didnt provide anything, and at the time we brought in Beauch he would have cost us what 1.5 million?

This year, Lupul has tripled out entire bottom 6. Obviously, he would not do that here, but having 10 points at this stage (1 more than the 13 players who were in our entire bottom 6 have combined).

My gripe is not that he is doing so well in Toronto, because as you said DVM, who in this workd would have predicted that? But it is that he was never given a shot to produce with Getzlaf and Perry last season. It worked the year before, and why wouldnt it have worked again? Because Carlyle didnt think he had the talent to play the left side? Pretty bad coaching in my opinion.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 02:00 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingV View Post
LPG
Ryan-Finns
Blake-Cogliano-Hagman

Hey look its that three line scoring system thats been soo hard to put together.
That 3rd line would be the definition of work ethic.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 09:35 AM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Our entire bottom 6 last year, scored 63 points. I would have been happy with Lupul if he had 35 friggen points. I understand we were a budget team, but dont waste the money on Ruutu and Winchester who didnt provide anything, and at the time we brought in Beauch he would have cost us what 1.5 million?

This year, Lupul has tripled out entire bottom 6. Obviously, he would not do that here, but having 10 points at this stage (1 more than the 13 players who were in our entire bottom 6 have combined).

My gripe is not that he is doing so well in Toronto, because as you said DVM, who in this workd would have predicted that? But it is that he was never given a shot to produce with Getzlaf and Perry last season. It worked the year before, and why wouldnt it have worked again? Because Carlyle didnt think he had the talent to play the left side? Pretty bad coaching in my opinion.
What makes you think Beauch would have cost 1.5M? If that's all he wanted, he would have been signed.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 07:20 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fever Dreams View Post
What makes you think Beauch would have cost 1.5M? If that's all he wanted, he would have been signed.
No thats not what I meant, I mean when we traded for him when we did, his pro-rated cap hit would have been ~1.5 million.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:42 AM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
That comparison is really misleading.

Gardiner is getting sheltered minutes, on one of the hottest teams to start the season. He's playing almost 18 minutes a game, in a lesser role, and has 2 years of extra development on Fowler. I think Gardiner has been great to start the season, but Fowler is well above Gardiner's level right now. The difference is a top pairing defenseman vs. an arguable top 4 defenseman, and then beyond even that.
The last two games, including last night's against the Ducks, Gardiner has played 25 minutes. Last night, he played more than even Phaneuf. If he was getting "sheltered" minutes before, he certainly isn't now.

shakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Elvs

Former Mighty Ducks winger Patric Kjellberg, 42, is making a comeback to hockey (in Swedish Tier 3), at least for a game... He retired 9 years ago (not even 34 years old), during the 2003 cup finals due to personal reasons.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=720

http://div1hockey.se/?p=326

"I'm gonna test playing tomorrow. If it goes well I might play more games".

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 02:15 PM
AnaheimDucks90

You can see Bruno St. Jacques dance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S-Mgjv-6Pg

watch at 2:05.

AnaheimDucks90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
It's from Slapshot somewhat, right?

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2011, 05:26 PM
Elvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaheimDucks90 View Post
You can see Bruno St. Jacques dance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S-Mgjv-6Pg

watch at 2:05.
Awesome! I always liked St. Jacques and have been looking in from time to time to see how he does in Europe. He deserved more than one game with the big club after scoring a goal in the one he played. Not to mention that he was a key defenseman on the farm team, so it wasn't like he was bad in the AHL either.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 01:45 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Giguere Named Third Star of Week

Lord Flashheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 01:55 PM
Doothpick
RIP Ruslan Salei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
I'm really happy that Giguere seems to have found his game recently. He obviously has had a rough few years and I'm glad he seems to be doing well for the 'Avs. Hope you guys in the OC will give a him a warm welcome when he comes back to Ponda the next time.

*sigh* That cup winning team really had some great guys and players on the team who I really wish all the best where ever they play. Moen, Pahlsson, Kunitz, AndyMac etc. Good times.

Doothpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 12:46 AM
Exit Dose

Sounds like Gardiner got sent down to the AHL.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 02:43 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Kurtis Foster scored for Devils.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:34 PM
1manband

Gardiner Sent to Marlies (AHL)

Tried searching the forum, search function sucks cause I know theres a thread out there, maybe MOD can merge??

Anyway, Gardiner sent down to the Marlies per TSN

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=385153

1manband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:38 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

When did Toronto become our AHL team?

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

This will be removed to former Ducks discussion, but who cares..
This is interesting news for me really. Didn`t followed him much lately, but it didn`t looked like he`s doing THAT bad.

I`m sure he`ll get his confidence back and will be great 2nd pairing guy in next few years. He already averages 20+ minutes in NHL.

But, yeah - why he wasn`t dressed last 4 games?

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:42 PM
1manband

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
When did Toronto become our AHL team?

Well, would be in ex ducks discussion yes. but interesting no?

Maybe this trade isnt looking as lopsided, especially the way Beauch has been playing lately

1manband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:44 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manband View Post
Well, would be in ex ducks discussion yes. but interesting no?

Maybe this trade isnt looking as lopsided, especially the way Beauch has been playing lately
Haha I was just kidding

But yes, I've seen a few Toronto games this season and outside of his first 10-15 good games for Toronto, Gardiner has been pretty meh. But someone pointed out this is his first season on a fully pro schedule so it's to be expected.

It sucks that Lupul turned out so well, but he had the chance to here but could never quite put it all together.

Old
01-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Haha I was just kidding

But yes, I've seen a few Toronto games this season and outside of his first 10-15 good games for Toronto, Gardiner has been pretty meh. But someone pointed out this is his first season on a fully pro schedule so it's to be expected.

It sucks that Lupul turned out so well, but he had the chance to here but could never quite put it all together.
I would argue he never really had the chance here. He was coming off of surgery and wasn't really put in a position to succeed for an extended period of time

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:51 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

It just wasn`t the right situation for Lupul in here.

But i still think Leafs won that trade, even though, i love to see Beauch back.

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 01:55 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGallINYAface View Post
I would argue he never really had the chance here. He was coming off of surgery and wasn't really put in a position to succeed for an extended period of time
I dunno, I wasn't really that impressed with him before the injury as well when he first got here, but that's just my opinion.

Perhaps after the injury he didn't get as much of a chance, but he still got a decent look, but he couldn't really find chemistry with anyone in the top 6. I'd think his contract had something to do with it as well, I mean it really could of gone either way, if he didn't get back to form we'd of been stuck with 4.5m player who's a cripple, just went the right way for Toronto

Happy for Lupul he found form, shame some Toronto fans have to troll every time Beauchemin, Gardiner or Lupul are brought up.

Old
01-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Paul4587

I think as soon as Lupul went down with the serious back injury Murray and Carlyle decided that his contract wasn't worth keeping and that he was gone as soon as they found a taker. The fact that he only played third line minutes after coming back kind of proves they weren't willing to give him a chance.

Before the back injury in 09-10 he had 10 goals in 23 games and was starting to get ice time with Getzlaf and Perry.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 03:14 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Not really a surprise, it's not easy to jump from the NCAA to the NHL. Expect the same type of wall from Schultz if he makes the team next year.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 03:31 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

While we will never be sure, I highly doubt Lupul puts up those numbers on this Ducks team this year. He would never get the minutes or PP time, and for good reason. The Ducks have plenty more talented players than Lupul.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote