Brad Larsen joining Atlanta

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2004, 03:11 PM
cws
...in the drink

vCash: 500
Brad Larsen joining Atlanta

Claimed him off waivers from Colorado today.

A filler for all the injuries. And someone familiar with Hartley's style, so that should help. Doesn't bring all that much to the table, but he works hard and should get more ice time here than in Colorado. So you never know, we've already had a couple players do better than expected.

Not the acquisition that so many have been crying for, but it's at least something.

Old
02-25-2004, 04:04 PM
Hockey Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwthrash
Claimed him off waivers from Colorado today.

Not the acquisition that so many have been crying for, but it's at least something.
There's five words here,"BUT IT'S AT LEAST SOMETHING".

Old
02-25-2004, 04:07 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Here's my short bit on what Larsen brings to the rink:

A lunchpail type grinder who gives his all on every shift. He's a decent hitter with terrible balance. I've seen him often times line up someone for a perfect hit only to fall to the ice along with the opponent. He's got terrible hands and will never put up the offensive numbers that he did in juniors or when he was the captaining Team Canada. He brings great leadership and heart to a lockerroom and as I've said time and time again, he's the type of player that most teams can use in the playoffs (a few years ago he had his only 2 goal game in the post season). He'll go to war and drop the mitts if the situation permits, however he's a pretty bad fighter because of his aforementioned bad balance. He pretty much is only a Left Winger, can't remember him ever being shifted elsewhere on the ice, and I can't ever remember him taking faceoffs with any regularity. His niche is the 4th line, he has just about hit the end of his potential, and aside from any plugging time on a 3rd line, he'll always be a 4th liner. And yes, he does know Hartley and his system. Not only did he play under Hartley at the NHL level, but he broke in to the AHL when Hartley was coaching the Hershey Bears. He is cheap and still fairly young by NHL standards, but IMO will always be plagued with that cursed groin of his which seems to get injured about every month or so.

Old
02-25-2004, 04:53 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

How many grinders can one team possibly need?

Hey DW, how about getting Ilya a decent winger to play with?

Old
02-25-2004, 05:02 PM
Hockey Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn

btn for GM!

Old
02-25-2004, 11:51 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn

A center to set him up would be good too.

Old
02-26-2004, 02:26 AM
cws
...in the drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mojo
There's five words here,"BUT IT'S AT LEAST SOMETHING".
I'm as ticked off as anyone else about us not getting some support through trades, but I temper my anger and/or negativity for a reason. I know basically jack and squat about what DW is doing or is trying to do. Maybe too many injuries too close together put him in a bad bargaining position, maybe the organization doesn't have enough assets to acquire quality players, maybe the ownership issue has tied his hands, maybe he is a bad GM and we're getting screwed; I don't have the first clue.
Hence, I won't rant about what I don't know.

If it's just you're way of venting, then you can disregard the above. Everyone vents in his/her own way, and we have more than enough to vent about these days. If it's anything more than that, I suggest that you partake in several adult beverages to take the edge off.

Old
02-28-2004, 01:55 AM
Hockey Mojo

Larsen a -2 in tonights victory!

Old
02-28-2004, 12:09 PM
ATLThrashers15

Is that all you look at Mojo??? You are looking for negatives...Did you even watch the game? He created at least 2 good scoring chances..

Old
02-29-2004, 11:54 AM
Hockey Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLThrashers15
Is that all you look at Mojo??? You are looking for negatives...Did you even watch the game? He created at least 2 good scoring chances..

I'll give credit where credit is due! Just so happens there's more negatives than positives for the past two months.

Old
02-29-2004, 12:48 PM
Hockey Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLThrashers15
Sorry ATLThrashers, I was taking cwthrash's advice and was partaking in several adult beverages to kill the pain, so it looks like I missed Larsens two opportunities of fame.

Closed Thread