HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

cheap and available rw'er

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2004, 11:08 PM
Artyukhin*

vCash: 500
cheap and available rw'er

dont rule out claude lemiuex for the playoff run.He's in switzerland now and has been there for a month.Cheap with tons of playoff experience...claude might fit the bill..rw 6.1 227..surley hes got 15- 20 games left in the tank..couldnt be any worse than mike eastwood ,claude didnt like the way he left the game so ,maybe he will lay everything out on the line for one last run....dont think you will see langdon get to much time in the playoffs unless he needs to be dress for an incident that happened in a prior game..imho

begin ,ward ,lemiux

Old
02-24-2004, 11:15 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
dont rule out claude lemiuex for the playoff run.He's in switzerland now and has been there for a month.Cheap with tons of playoff experience...claude might fit the bill..rw 6.1 227..surley hes got 15- 20 games left in the tank..couldnt be any worse than mike eastwood ,claude didnt like the way he left the game so ,maybe he will lay everything out on the line for one last run....dont think you will see langdon get to much time in the playoffs unless he needs to be dress for an incident that happened in a prior game..imho

begin ,ward ,lemiux
I wouldn't be opposed to Claude coming in if it's clear that it's only for the rest of the season and he plays ten or so games before playoffs start.

Old
02-24-2004, 11:22 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94
I wouldn't be opposed to Claude coming in if it's clear that it's only for the rest of the season and he plays ten or so games before playoffs start.
=======================
exactly what i was thinkin...this year,no next year...like i said cheap available and he always played his best hockey in the playoffs...it worth a 100,000 dollar gamble i say,if they make playoffs and he contribute maybe a little more...this way here we dont need to trade anyone...we brought in doug gilmour who clearly lost his step ,but he was insperational....even if we could sign cluade to go out and cross check lalime in the first round of the play offs would be worth it
just kidding about the cross checking bit,but one more run for the old pest

Old
02-24-2004, 11:36 PM
Artyukhin*

anyone see claude in his new jersey..

http://www.evz.ch/

Old
02-24-2004, 11:38 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
=======================
exactly what i was thinkin...this year,no next year...like i said cheap available and he always played his best hockey in the playoffs...it worth a 100,000 dollar gamble i say,if they make playoffs and he contribute maybe a little more...this way here we dont need to trade anyone...we brought in doug gilmour who clearly lost his step ,but he was insperational....even if we could sign cluade to go out and cross check lalime in the first round of the play offs would be worth it
just kidding about the cross checking bit,but one more run for the old pest
Gilmour wouldn't be a bad rental either...if he's in shape.

Old
02-25-2004, 02:43 AM
chicpea*

Claude Lemiuex! Good Grief, I would cream my jeans to see him beside Begin wreaking unprecedented havoc in the first, second and third rounds. After that, we could give him a five day break.

Old
02-25-2004, 02:54 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Gilmour wouldn't be a bad rental either...if he's in shape.
Claude is still playing hockey where Gilmour isn't....IMO Gilmour is finished.

But Claude could be an interesting addition for a playoff run.

Old
02-25-2004, 03:44 AM
G Man 77

Sorry guys but Dallas thought it was a good idea to grab him at the deadline last year... and he hurt them more than he helped in the playoffs, he had lost a step and took tons of bad penalties that cost the team.

A few years ago yes, but Lemieux has been past his expiration date for a while now.

Eastwood is a better fit for Montreal, 1st is still playing in the league, and 2nd he's a very good right-handed faceoff man which Gainey has said the Habs need.

Old
02-25-2004, 03:50 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Man 77
Sorry guys but Dallas thought it was a good idea to grab him at the deadline last year... and he hurt them more than he helped in the playoffs, he had lost a step and took tons of bad penalties that cost the team.

A few years ago yes, but Lemieux has been past his expiration date for a while now.

Eastwood is a better fit for Montreal, 1st is still playing in the league, and 2nd he's a very good right-handed faceoff man which Gainey has said the Habs need.
Yeah your probably right, plus Eastwood would come very cheap.....but I still think we need another guy to play in our top 6 forwards and a big defenseman if we plan to do anything in the playoffs. Depth players are the least of my concern right now but I guess adding another vet couldn't hurt.

Old
02-25-2004, 04:13 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Man 77

===========================
yes but his groin was messed up..that why he lost his step...he had surgey in the summer to fix the problem.not sure if yu were aware of that.lemieux would come just as cheap(imho)

Old
02-25-2004, 08:25 AM
Sam I Am

We really don't need anymore right wingers. If anything, it's left-wing that's beginning to get a bit thin...

Old
02-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Josef Balej

Old
02-25-2004, 02:27 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Josef Balej

Great addtion , although it would be nicer to get more grit. I'd like 2 players personally, one for the upper lines, one for the bottom lines. But if the cost is prospects, or a first rounder, then definetly no.

Old
02-25-2004, 05:20 PM
Howie Morenz

Claude Lemieux...C'mon it's time to move on. He didn't even score in the Heritage game.

Closed Thread