HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposals including Jordan Staal

Old
09-29-2008, 11:06 PM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

vCash: 500
Proposals including Jordan Staal

They have been increasingly annoying lately. Nobody seems to be taking the Pens needs into consideration. IF we trade Staal (which is highly unlikely), we will be controlling the negotiations. Staal isn't going to be traded for a stop-gap on defense, so stop trying.

The ONLY ASSET for which Staal would be traded is a decently young, upper-tier scoring winger. This is NOT because Pens fans think he is the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ himself. It's because he fills an extremely pressing need right now, and the only incentive to move him would be to upgrade at the position he fills.

Please take this into consideration next time you think about making a proposal for Jordan Staal.

With that being said, I was thinking maybe we could condense all the rediculous Staal proposals into one thread to save space and hopefully help to focus the conversation. I'll start it off I suppose:

To Nash: Jordan Staal

To PIT: Alex Radulov, Dan Hamhuis
(assuming Radulov returns to the NHL AND the Pens get to talk to him before the trade)

P.S.- Sorry if I came off as a jerk or arrogant. I'm just getting tired of some of these unrealistic proposals that start arguments for no reason. Have a great day

Silas Robertson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 11:07 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
If Radulov was coming back to the NHL, he'd be worth more than Staal...IMO.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 View Post
If Radulov was coming back to the NHL, he'd be worth more than Staal...IMO.
many HFers disagree with you on this, but I suppose that if Hamhuis was added, a conditional 1st in 2010 should be added to the Penguins' side.

Old
09-29-2008, 11:12 PM
wheelerrocks

jordan staal and a pick

for

boumeester

staal for o'sullivan

wheelerrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
I think Staal is getting pretty overrated right now. Even if Staal was better than Radulov (which I don't think he is) adding Hamhuis is just ridiculous for the little upgrade he'd be...

I doubt Nashville considers this one.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 11:15 PM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelerrocks View Post
jordan staal and a pick

for

boumeester

staal for o'sullivan

Old
09-29-2008, 11:17 PM
Laoghaire

Staal is one of the most overated players here. The guy isn't a very good scorer, he is a great defensive player but so are so many other players in the league. He has never scored much, only got 1 point per game in his last year of junior. He wasn't even in the top 10 in scoring in his last year in the OHL. If he is just an excellent defensive forward he isn't worth a top line winger. Certainly not Radulov (given a guarantee to return) or Hamhuis individually, let alone together.

Laoghaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 11:25 PM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnanigans View Post
Staal is one of the most overated players here. The guy isn't a very good scorer, he is a great defensive player but so are so many other players in the league. He has never scored much, only got 1 point per game in his last year of junior. He wasn't even in the top 10 in scoring in his last year in the OHL. If he is just an excellent defensive forward he isn't worth a top line winger. Certainly not Radulov (given a guarantee to return) or Hamhuis individually, let alone together.
He's a good finisher, not a good playmaker.

I made a proposal of Staal for Radulov in a Radulov thread and every single person said Nashville would have to significantly add to that. Maybe Staal for Rads and a conditional 1st if the original proposal is too slanted in the Pens favor. Either that or Staal and a decent prospect/ high draft pick for O'Sullivan and one of their high-end defensive prospects.

Old
09-29-2008, 11:27 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTisIT View Post
P.S.- Sorry if I came off as a jerk or arrogant. I'm just getting tired of some of these unrealistic proposals that start arguments for no reason. Have a great day
Frequenting the Polls board will cause frustration. I commend your efforts, but unfortunately ill-thought proposals will continue on. Though it's possible you could have scored a couple days of prosperity with your post, let us hope.

Also, perhaps including #1 defensemen may be a good return, considering recent events that is

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Darth Sidious*

Quote:

I dunno man. He netted 29 as an 18 year old rookie. He is back on Geno's wing this year, so I'm sure he will shake off his sophomore slump.

Darth Sidious* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 11:31 PM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
Frequenting the Polls board will cause frustration. I commend your efforts, but unfortunately ill-thought proposals will continue on. Though it's possible you could have scored a couple days of prosperity with your post, let us hope.

Also, perhaps including #1 defensemen may be a good return, considering recent events that is
Quote:
...Staal isn't going to be traded for a stop-gap on defense, so stop trying...
Heh, covered that one too.

Old
09-29-2008, 11:33 PM
Kingler

Quote:

(assuming Radulov returns to the NHL AND the Pens get to talk to him before the trade)

I think this is a pretty unrealistic proposal.

If I were Nashville, I wouldn't trade Hamhuis straight up for Staal. Adding Radulov, who talent-wise is as good if not better than Staal, is just madness.

Kingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 11:35 PM
Lexicon

vCash: 50
Quote:

Radulov >> Staal

Staal is ridiculously overated on these boards. I'll wait till he has a 50 point year.

However, I do agree that the Penguins do not need to trade him. No team in their right mind deals a 5th overall pick until they are actually deemed a "bust" and another team picks that player up in hopes that the player picks his game up.

Lexicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 11:36 PM
Lexicon

vCash: 50
EDIT: I meant 1st - 5th overall.

Lexicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:
He scored more goals in his 18 year old rookie season than Radulov did in either of his NHL years.

I wouldn't make that deal anyway. Right idea, but Radulov's too much of a flake.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 11:38 PM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

For clarity's sake: I appreciate everyone commenting on the proposal I made, but the main point of this thread was to clarify to everyone as to what the Pens needs are and let people make their own proposals from there. Mine was just sort of an ice breaker I guess.

Old
09-29-2008, 11:39 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
If Staal is so overrated here why does every team think they can get him for a borderline third liner and a second round pick? Staal is shat on more than any other player here.

Trust us, we'd prefer if you'd just stop telling us how bad he is and stop making proposals involving him.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 11:39 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
If Staal is so overrated here why does every team think they can get him for a borderline third liner and a second round pick? Staal is shat on more than any other player here.

Trust us, we'd prefer if you'd just stop telling us how bad he is and stop making proposals involving him.

Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 11:40 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

Why don't we just stop making Jordan Staal proposals..They are so ******* annoying, due to how underrated he is right now due to this sophmore slump and due to the fact that he is clearly a bust since he is way past the age of player who is still developing..

..and even more stupid? Alex Radulov proposals. Those are simply idiotic. HE FLED THE NHL TO PLAY/STAR IN THE KHL WHILE STILL UNDER CONTRACT WITH AN NHL TEAM. He then went on to bash the NHL ever so subtly. He will be the new Morozov. He was good in the NHL but before he could reach his true potential he decided he wanted the big bucks NOW and the superstardom NOW, and he will excel in his homeland and be happier then ever.

Why in the HELL would he be inclined to come back?

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 11:42 PM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post

Radulov >> Staal

Staal is ridiculously overated on these boards. I'll wait till he has a 50 point year.

However, I do agree that the Penguins do not need to trade him. No team in their right mind deals a 5th overall pick until they are actually deemed a "bust" and another team picks that player up in hopes that the player picks his game up.
Thank you. My point was that the Pens are not gonna go shopping him, nor should they. If a GM wants to talk about a trade involving Staal, they'd better be prepared to overpay.

I think that's where the "Staal is overrated" cliche came from. I'm not trying to imply that his value is actually that high, just that we have no need to trade him unless it's an overpayment. (Hey wasn't that the mantra when all of those crazy Malkin proposals were taking over this board last season?)

Old
09-29-2008, 11:48 PM
FruityPants3*

Quote:
Pittsburgh fans? Noooooooooo.

FruityPants3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 11:51 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Proposals including Jordan Staal... should stop immediately.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Proposals including Jordan Staal... should stop immediately.
I wouldn't mind that either. But since they're not, I thought condensing them would be a good idea for the time being.

Old
09-29-2008, 11:55 PM
timw33

Shld've drftd TAvez.

timw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2008, 11:55 PM
Darth Sidious*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post

Radulov >> Staal

Can you explain this?

Radulov has never scored as many goals in a season as Staal did when he was EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD.

Certainly you can't be arguing that Radulov is >> than Staal on the defensive end...

So...what's your logic?

Darth Sidious* is offline   Reply With Quote