HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Mikael Tellqvist

Old
09-30-2008, 02:36 PM
PhoenixCoyotes19

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to PhoenixCoyotes19 Send a message via Yahoo to PhoenixCoyotes19
Mikael Tellqvist

The Coyotes have a great deal of depth when it comes to goaltending. Al Montoya will challenge Tellqvist for the backup job. If Montoya wins the job, Tellqvist is a gone for sure. What do you think the Coyotes can get for him?

PhoenixCoyotes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 02:46 PM
Teemu

If Montoya wins the job, I think any interested party would just wait until Tellqvist is on waivers.

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Bryzga lol*

I'd say he'd be worth keeping in the AHL incase of injury (unless the Coyotes have someone else in mind?)

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 02:48 PM
illogic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixCoyotes19 View Post
The Coyotes have a great deal of depth when it comes to goaltending. Al Montoya will challenge Tellqvist for the backup job. If Montoya wins the job, Tellqvist is a gone for sure. What do you think the Coyotes can get for him?
Late round pick at best. Most likely nothing.

illogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 03:42 PM
hlundqvist30*

6th rounder

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 03:44 PM
SChan*

a bag of pucks. Tellqvist is the most overrated swedish goalie ever. He is good for nothing.

SChan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 03:50 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJCfan View Post
a bag of pucks. Tellqvist is the most overrated swedish goalie ever. He is good for nothing.
Yes, because there's a big group of those to choose from

What exactly could possibly make him overrated anyway? Nobody has ever though anything more about him than as a career backup.

Old
09-30-2008, 03:56 PM
SChan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
Yes, because there's a big group of those to choose from

What exactly could possibly make him overrated anyway? Nobody has ever though anything more about him than as a career backup.
he is overrated because he still plays in NHL. He should be in the minors or europe.

Old
09-30-2008, 04:04 PM
hlundqvist30*

2.74 GAA, .908 SV%

Not the nicest of stats, but perfectly acceptable for a backup goalie. I agree he shouldn't be getting 20-25 starts a season, but for a team with a top goalie who plays a lot of games like Brodeur, Lundqvist, Kiprusoff, etc., he would be fine in those roles as a cheap solution as opposed to paying millions of dollars for a backup to start 7 games in the season.

Honestly, the way you worded it just made you look stupid. "The most overrated Swedish goalie of all time." As opposed to whom else? Lundqvist? Tommy Salo? That's hardly a bold statement at all.

Old
09-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Ten

I think he's a terrible goaltender, but I'm a disgruntled Leaf fan who never liked him, even before he got the start against the Devils in a home game I attended in like the first row, which up to that point I had never sat that close to the ice in my life.

The Leafs lost the game due to terrible goaltending, and if not for Belak destroying Janssen in a fight (pre-Kaberle, I think), I may have committed suicide on the way home.

Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 04:24 PM
SChan*

Quote:
2.74 GAA, .908 SV%

Not the nicest of stats, but perfectly acceptable for a backup goalie. I agree he shouldn't be getting 20-25 starts a season, but for a team with a top goalie who plays a lot of games like Brodeur, Lundqvist, Kiprusoff, etc., he would be fine in those roles as a cheap solution as opposed to paying millions of dollars for a backup to start 7 games in the season.

Honestly, the way you worded it just made you look stupid. "The most overrated Swedish goalie of all time." As opposed to whom else? Lundqvist? Tommy Salo? That's hardly a bold statement at all.
there are more goalies than salo and lundqvist. In fact, more goalies in SEL that are better or more talented than tellqvist.

Old
09-30-2008, 04:47 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixCoyotes19 View Post
My guess is Montoya will be playing in Prescott of the Central Hockey League this season, and will never be a regular NHLer.

09-30-2008, 04:47 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
he is overrated because he still plays in NHL. He should be in the minors or europe.
Really? I'm a Coyotes fan and I think he's a great back up. I'm glad he's on the team.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
My guess is Montoya will be playing in Prescott of the Central Hockey League this season, and will never be a regular NHLer.
No way. Gretzky seemed pretty pleased with Montaya so far when he talked about him in the Sharks post-game interview. He's at least going to play in the AHL.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 06:37 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
No way. Gretzky seemed pretty pleased with Montaya so far when he talked about him in the Sharks post-game interview. He's at least going to play in the AHL.
What's the guy going to say?

"Montoya sucks. He's not going to become anything for us. I wish we had Sjostrom still."

Now I'm not saying any of that is necessarily true, but if you think you're going to hear anything truthful, especially during a post-game interview, then you're kidding yourself.

Old
09-30-2008, 06:38 PM
JustinCider

huge value, probably a top 6 forward and an all star dman,

JustinCider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
What's the guy going to say?

"Montoya sucks. He's not going to become anything for us. I wish we had Sjostrom still."

Now I'm not saying any of that is necessarily true, but if you think you're going to hear anything truthful, especially during a post-game interview, then you're kidding yourself.
Well he didn't have to say anything, for one, since he was never asked specifically about Montoya or the goalie situation.

Also, if Montoya looked CHL-bound at this point, he would have been cut before Tordjman or Gistedt.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 07:15 PM
King Mapes
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

Quote:
What? Please, stop typing. The guy should not be a starter don't get me wrong but overrated? Do you understand what overrated means? I never hear anything really good about the guy so care to explain? He would make a decent backup to someone, just not a starter. Seems like you have a personal issue with him

The word overrated is so overrated on these boards

Blue Jays Baseball... Are you scared?
Record: 76-57 1st in AL East
Streak: 2W

Follow me on Twitter @mapesHFboards
King Mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Jakeman

Tellqvist played well when spelling off Brysgalov last season and has played like a good backup should. All this Tellqvist sucks kind of posts makes me wonder if people actually pay attention to the truth anymore. Tellqvist will be the backup , once again. Montoya will get his chance after this season when Tellqvist's current contract runs out.

Jakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 08:10 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riel View Post
I'd say he'd be worth keeping in the AHL incase of injury (unless the Coyotes have someone else in mind?)
The Coyotes goaltending situation is such that, currently, Tellqvist is spelling Bryzgalov in the NHL, while two of Al Montoya, Josh Tordjman and Joel Gistedt will be in the AHL and one in the CHL. Those three all should probably be seeing better competition than the CHL can offer, which is why Tellqvist seems movable at this point.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Leafidelity

vCash: 1775
I didn't even know Telly was still on an NHL roster

Ill give you Jason Blake for him

Leafidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 08:56 PM
Randall Ritchey
TFP Correspondent

I would love to have Tellqvist. He probably one of my favorite goalies. He doesn't fuss about backing up. He is one of the few NHLers who know their place and are just glad to be in the best league in the world. Other wise he would have left to start somewhere else.

Randall Ritchey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 02:43 AM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Actually yes, especially around here. When he first broke in the guy was hyped as the best Swedish goalie since Pelle. He was #1 in pole's, had wonderful stats in the SEL, but IMO, couldn't translate the #'s to the NHL.

I do like him as a back-up though.

10-01-2008, 12:59 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemps View Post
I would love to have Tellqvist. He probably one of my favorite goalies. He doesn't fuss about backing up. He is one of the few NHLers who know their place and are just glad to be in the best league in the world. Other wise he would have left to start somewhere else.
Yup. The players love him, too, and really play hard for him. Often times, when a backup gets the start, the players loaf a bit, feeling already defeated. That's not the case with Tellqvist. You can count on a strong showing from the players in front of him when he gets the start.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 01:28 PM
SChan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
What? Please, stop typing. The guy should not be a starter don't get me wrong but overrated? Do you understand what overrated means? I never hear anything really good about the guy so care to explain? He would make a decent backup to someone, just not a starter. Seems like you have a personal issue with him

The word overrated is so overrated on these boards
i never seen a goalie to stink so much as he did in world cup 2004 for sweden.