HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky + Zherdev

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-30-2008, 10:17 PM
  #1
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,523
vCash: 500
Dubinsky + Zherdev

Do I sense some magic? Chemistry?

I'm not sure Niko ever really had the quality center in Columbus and Dubi looks like he's been watching the Gretzky highlight DVD all summer.

Moving Drury to the top line with Gomez opens up a real nice opportunity for these two to play together. I'm loving it.

__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 10:26 PM
  #2
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,413
vCash: 500
Awards:
Agreed. I'd love to see this pair in the regular season.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 10:27 PM
  #3
Radek27
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,155
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Agreed. I'd love to see this pair in the regular season.
Who would be the best LW for that line?

? -Duby-Zherdev


Dawes Or Prucha?

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 10:31 PM
  #4
GratefulDead
 
GratefulDead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hoboken, NJ / LI, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 334
vCash: 500
they work well because Z takes on the Jagr role as playmaker albeit a lot faster

GratefulDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 10:33 PM
  #5
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,413
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Who would be the best LW for that line?

? -Duby-Zherdev


Dawes Or Prucha?
I've finally soured on Prucha (yes, finally...). I'd go Dawes. That's a **** ton of potential right there.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 10:34 PM
  #6
John Torturella
Registered User
 
John Torturella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Do I sense some magic? Chemistry?

I'm not sure Niko ever really had the quality center in Columbus and Dubi looks like he's been watching the Gretzky highlight DVD all summer.

Moving Drury to the top line with Gomez opens up a real nice opportunity for these two to play together. I'm loving it.
Hows the Messier highlights sound? But, yes they looked like they have a bit of a feel for each other.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 10:38 PM
  #7
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Who would be the best LW for that line?

? -Duby-Zherdev


Dawes Or Prucha?
It might be a stretch but if he can keep up with them and grind it out in the corners park and drive the crease I'd like to see Voros get a shot at that spot.

We need a big player whose unafraid of the grind and physical side who can skate in the top 6 ala Dustin Brown.

It's a stretch but Id love to see Renny give him a shot.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 10:54 PM
  #8
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,684
vCash: 500
with drury at gomez' wing, there's already a net going shooter on that line, and keeping the naslund gomez magic might be a good plan. i'd say prucha should be auditioned for 5-10 games. hopefully he can go in and gvet the garbage, and pick up passes for point blank shots. who knows, maybe he'll get the touch back, but if he doesn't, ship him out. after that, i'd love to see korp get a shot. if neither of them work, give it to nige, who i'd say is a lower risk, lower reward fill.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 11:00 PM
  #9
Gardner McKay
Moderator
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 10,441
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Agreed. I'd love to see this pair in the regular season.
Ive been hoping for them two to play on the same line all along.

__________________
Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 11:04 PM
  #10
Finest
Puck Fittsburg
 
Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,587
vCash: 500
I had heard about Zherdev's shooting ability but I didn't realize how solid of a passer/play maker he is. Dubinsky compliments him perfectly(for this game at least), Renney should definitely keep these guys together!

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 11:12 PM
  #11
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 500
Naslund - Gomez - Drury
Dawes - Dubinsky - Zherdev

What the hell, give it a shot. But please, STICK WITH IT FOR A GOOD FIVE REGULAR SEASON GAMES.

I never liked the idea of Drury on the wing but he and Gomez dont look that bad. Naslund on that line will only add to the playmaking ability.

Its the bottom 2 lines that are interesting.

Prucha - Korpikoski - Callahan
?? - Betts - ??


Korpikoski has looked awesome at center, moving him to 3rd line center with two guys who could put the puck in the net could provide good energy and scoring depth. Callahan has had an underrated camp, has been spectacular IMO, despite not putting the puck in the net, hes been everywhere. Prucha has looked good getting tons of chances sooner or later something has to start going in. Not sure if thats the best combo, but none of the others Voros, Fritsche, Sjostrom, Orr or Rismiller have shown me they deserve to be in that spot.

Which brings us to the 4th line. Betts is Betts, he has importance on the PK which the Rangers need, though he provides absolutely ZERO offense, in fact he makes it harder for the the Rangers to score.
Orr will be played, we all know that. You need his fists in the lineup from time to time, if not almost every game, according to Renney. That leaves Voros, Rismiller, Fritsche and Sjostrom. Voros is showing less and less to me. Rismiller is INVISIBLE. Fritsche has some speed and potential but i think he isnt as good on the puck as a Callahan per say and the Rangers need that. Sjostrom has some speed, skill, and can PK well, so thats my choice for the other spot or on the third instead of Prucha.

Who knows, Renney has a lot of choices to make, and to be honest you'll probably get an honest effort out of all those 4 guys with similar results no matter who you put in.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 11:23 PM
  #12
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Drury-Gomez-Prucha
Naslund-Dubinsky-Zherdev
Dawes-Korpikoski-Callahan
Voros-Fritsche-Sjostrom

but who knows is right.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 11:23 PM
  #13
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,530
vCash: 500
I was very impressed with the two of them today. I still think Prucha would look good on that other wing with them, and as I said earlier, I was disappointed he didn't get a look there today.

Ultimately I think Dawes will wind up with it, but here are my lines as of now:

Naslund - Gomez - Drury
Prucha/Dawes- Dubi- Zherdev
Voros - Korpi - Cally
Sjostrom/Orr - Betts - Fritsche

If they want 3 scoring lines, I think Dawes - Korpi - Cally would be an interesting 3rd line.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 11:24 PM
  #14
Finest
Puck Fittsburg
 
Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Naslund on that line will only add to the playmaking ability.
Just curious HBNYC, do you think that line could lead to too much play making? I mean over passing over thinking etc? I obviously don't know the answer, just curious on your take.
-KH35

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 11:27 PM
  #15
FutureGM97
Registered User
 
FutureGM97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Connecticut, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
I was thinking a big crashing winger like Voros with those 2 guys would be a good choice. Someone who isn't afraid to be physical on the ice and will make things difficult for defenders between him in front of the net and the speed of Dubi and Z...could be fun

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2008, 11:43 PM
  #16
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,523
vCash: 500
Dubi and Voros on the same line could be a handful. Its not like either of them are great fighters but they will drop them pretty quick. Its a dynamic you dont see enough on the top lines

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 12:09 AM
  #17
FromTheSide
Registered User
 
FromTheSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 22,879
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
I'm gonna go on a diffrent route and go with

Naslund-Gomez-Drury
SHANNY!-Dubinsky-Zherdev

ok now ,since shanahan isint actually signed, my answer is going to be CALLAHAN(Very simular hehe)

and leave dawes with Korpo and Prucha.

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 12:10 AM
  #18
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,142
vCash: 500
I think the two of them together makes a potent line no matter who the LW is, Z is a scorer/playmaker, and Dubi plays the role of Power Forward/Scorer/Play Maker all in one, he has some awesome 1 on 1 moves we dont see often and other than that he is just damn solid and consistent.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 12:17 AM
  #19
FrontRow
 
FrontRow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New York
Country: Croatia
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
I really like Zherdev, he has tremendous upside....as does Dubi. I think I fell off the Dawes bandwagon last year after seeing his lack of consistency. Dubi is showing me something this pre-season...responsibility. Now that Jagr is gone this kid should break out of his shell.

FrontRow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 12:20 AM
  #20
z1co80
The Incredible Hank
 
z1co80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Naslund - Gomez - Drury
Dawes - Dubinsky - Zherdev

What the hell, give it a shot. But please, STICK WITH IT FOR A GOOD FIVE REGULAR SEASON GAMES.

I never liked the idea of Drury on the wing but he and Gomez dont look that bad. Naslund on that line will only add to the playmaking ability.

Its the bottom 2 lines that are interesting.

Prucha - Korpikoski - Callahan
?? - Betts - ??


Korpikoski has looked awesome at center, moving him to 3rd line center with two guys who could put the puck in the net could provide good energy and scoring depth. Callahan has had an underrated camp, has been spectacular IMO, despite not putting the puck in the net, hes been everywhere. Prucha has looked good getting tons of chances sooner or later something has to start going in. Not sure if thats the best combo, but none of the others Voros, Fritsche, Sjostrom, Orr or Rismiller have shown me they deserve to be in that spot.

Which brings us to the 4th line. Betts is Betts, he has importance on the PK which the Rangers need, though he provides absolutely ZERO offense, in fact he makes it harder for the the Rangers to score.
Orr will be played, we all know that. You need his fists in the lineup from time to time, if not almost every game, according to Renney. That leaves Voros, Rismiller, Fritsche and Sjostrom. Voros is showing less and less to me. Rismiller is INVISIBLE. Fritsche has some speed and potential but i think he isnt as good on the puck as a Callahan per say and the Rangers need that. Sjostrom has some speed, skill, and can PK well, so thats my choice for the other spot or on the third instead of Prucha.

Who knows, Renney has a lot of choices to make, and to be honest you'll probably get an honest effort out of all those 4 guys with similar results no matter who you put in.

I posted this on the 11th of sept in the Line combos thread and HBNYC you like it then so here it is again

offense

naslund-gomez-drury
dawes-dubinsky-zherdev
korpikoski-fritsche-callahan
sjostrom-betts-voros/orr

rissmiller

defense

redden-rozsival
staal-girardi
mara-kalinin

hank
vally


personally i dont want to see dubi down on the 3rd line so i'd move drury to the wing with gomez, fritsche can center the 3rd line till anisimov is ready and i want to see korpikoski given a shot rather bringing shanny back.

people may not want to see drury on the wing but i want the youngsters to be given the chance to succeed.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 12:26 AM
  #21
mattihp
Registered User
 
mattihp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Årsta
Country: Finland
Posts: 14,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Who would be the best LW for that line?

? -Duby-Zherdev


Dawes Or Prucha?
Korpedo!
Nah. Just a pipe dream ^^ But he could become an option somewhere into the season with some injuries... Great work rate.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 12:44 AM
  #22
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella
 
Carlos Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,160
vCash: 500
I don't like Dawes on that line for some reason.

Naslund-Gomez-Drury
Sjostrom-Dubinsky-Zherdev
Dawes-Korpikoski-Voros
Fritsche-Betts-Callahan

that gives a lot of balance.

Carlos Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 01:03 AM
  #23
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulDead View Post
they work well because Z takes on the Jagr role as playmaker albeit a lot faster
exactly my thoughts as well

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 01:07 AM
  #24
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,083
vCash: 500
the overrating of voros around here continues to amaze me. The guy scored 7 goals riding shotgun on a line with Marian Gaborik.

Why on earth would you put him on a line with Dubinsky? To be honest with you, in terms of playing style, id say Chris Drury would be the perfect guy to have on that wing. a defensive presence, and a guy capable of scoring garbage goals while also scoring not so garbage goals.

Im almost tempted to move Dawes up to the first line and go something like

Naslund Gomez Dawes
Drury Dubinsky Zherdev
Prucha Korpikoski Callahan
Sjostrom Betts Voros/Orr
Voros/Orr

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 01:08 AM
  #25
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
I don't like Dawes on that line for some reason.

Naslund-Gomez-Drury
Sjostrom-Dubinsky-Zherdev
Dawes-Korpikoski-Voros
Fritsche-Betts-Callahan

that gives a lot of balance.
could work, his speed would definitely be an asset, and we'd learn once and for all what his upside is...

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.