HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

All Time Draft #10

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-02-2008, 05:49 PM
  #26
VanIslander
Hope for better 2015
 
VanIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,619
vCash: 500
again: kruezer indicated he'd really like (almost needs) a co-GM; he is travelling and moving into a new place over the first two weeks of October. He was on hfboards on october 1st so maybe he knows the draft starts on saturday.

kruezer & __________ - Seattle Metropolitans was on the sign-up page but no one bit

let's PM some guys from the history board here at hfboards to get him a co-GM eh

VanIslander is offline  
Old
10-02-2008, 06:23 PM
  #27
raleh
Registered User
 
raleh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Posts: 1,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Lander View Post
why not shawnmullin?

I was thinking the same thing. They'd be a deadly combination. I also pmed Thornton19 who posts regularly on the HOH forum. Would be a pretty fun guy to debate with once the playoffs start.

raleh is offline  
Old
10-02-2008, 06:24 PM
  #28
papershoes
Registered User
 
papershoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kenora, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Lander View Post
why not shawnmullin?
mullin already has a team - so, if they team up, we'd need to find another gm to take over mullins spot (currently drafting 12th)

papershoes is offline  
Old
10-02-2008, 06:26 PM
  #29
pitseleh
Registered User
 
pitseleh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleh View Post
I was thinking the same thing. They'd be a deadly combination. I also pmed Thornton19 who posts regularly on the HOH forum. Would be a pretty fun guy to debate with once the playoffs start.
Kyle McMahon really knows his stuff too, he'd be a good person to ask as well.

pitseleh is offline  
Old
10-02-2008, 06:40 PM
  #30
VanIslander
Hope for better 2015
 
VanIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonking View Post
I again volunteer to swap 1st round picks with him.
that would be very wrong

swap all draft positions: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th all the way up to 23rd and 24th

THAT would be fair

(except for the fact that others might want to)

hey how about that? ... give 24 hours to anybody interested in swapping draft position entirely... collect the names, put them in a hat and if kruezer isn't around by saturday noon then pull a name out of the hat...

VanIslander is offline  
Old
10-02-2008, 06:45 PM
  #31
EagleBelfour
Registered User
 
EagleBelfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,411
vCash: 500
Well he has until october 4th at 12:00 to make his selection so let's wait a bit ...

EagleBelfour is offline  
Old
10-02-2008, 06:47 PM
  #32
pitseleh
Registered User
 
pitseleh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
hey how about that? ... give 24 hours to anybody interested in swapping draft position entirely... collect the names, put them in a hat and if kruezer isn't around by saturday noon then pull a name out of the hat...
I think it might be worth considering that if kruezer misses his time window. It'd really hurt if he ended up missing out on one of the big four because he missed his time window and at least that way he gets something out of the deal.

Don't think it'll happen though, kruezer's usually reliable. The draft doesn't start until Saturday, and he has a 24 hour window after that (right?).

pitseleh is offline  
Old
10-02-2008, 06:48 PM
  #33
VanIslander
Hope for better 2015
 
VanIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
Well he has until october 4th at 12:00 to make his selection so let's wait a bit ...
true, but it doesn't hurt to have a contingency plan in place that's fair, since we can anticipate the situation

though... if there's ANY pick in the entire draft in which an autopick can be made it's 2nd overall!! i mean, unless he wants to argue one of a couple of other guys, he's most likely to be fully happy with an autopick

VanIslander is offline  
Old
10-02-2008, 06:51 PM
  #34
EagleBelfour
Registered User
 
EagleBelfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
true, but it doesn't hurt to have a contingency plan in place that's fair, since we can anticipate the situation

though... if there's ANY pick in the entire draft in which an autopick can be made it's 2nd overall!! i mean, unless he wants to argue one of a couple of other guys, he's most likely to be fully happy with an autopick
I know who I would take with the 2nd overall pick, and it wouldn't be your selection. For me, it's the 3rd overall the autopick, not the 2nd overall.

EagleBelfour is offline  
Old
10-02-2008, 06:57 PM
  #35
VanIslander
Hope for better 2015
 
VanIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
I know who I would take with the 2nd overall pick, and it wouldn't be your selection. For me, it's the 3rd overall the autopick, not the 2nd overall.
i know a couple of guys could be ARGUED... that i admitted... one is a safe pick though

i actually think FOUR guys could be argued... two guys are most often hailed

VanIslander is offline  
Old
10-02-2008, 07:00 PM
  #36
pitseleh
Registered User
 
pitseleh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
i know a couple of guys could be ARGUED... that i admitted... one is a safe pick though

i actually think FOUR guys could be argued... two guys are most often hailed
When it comes down to it you really can't go wrong with any of them.

pitseleh is offline  
Old
10-02-2008, 08:10 PM
  #37
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again
 
chaosrevolver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,520
vCash: 500
I say just auto him Mr. G

chaosrevolver is offline  
Old
10-02-2008, 08:11 PM
  #38
vancityluongo
undisputed genius
 
vancityluongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 1972
Country: Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 12,208
vCash: 1070
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
I say just auto him Mr. G
Are we talking first name or last name though?

vancityluongo is offline  
Old
10-02-2008, 08:17 PM
  #39
Leaf Lander
Registered User
 
Leaf Lander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: BWO Headquarters
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,766
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
i think kruezer is going to miss his draft window on sat cause he is moving.

Part of me wants to pick a player for him so we can move on

Leaf Lander is offline  
Old
10-02-2008, 08:35 PM
  #40
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 23,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Lander View Post
i think kruezer is going to miss his draft window on sat cause he is moving.

Part of me wants to pick a player for him so we can move on
2nd and 3rd are pretty much THE pick that I would NEVER do for somebody else...

MXD is offline  
Old
10-02-2008, 08:58 PM
  #41
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again
 
chaosrevolver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancityluongo View Post
Are we talking first name or last name though?
um....my thought was last.

chaosrevolver is offline  
Old
10-02-2008, 08:58 PM
  #42
Leaf Lander
Registered User
 
Leaf Lander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: BWO Headquarters
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,766
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
2nd and 3rd are pretty much THE pick that I would NEVER do for somebody else...
you can't go wrong with any of the top 6 picks imo

Leaf Lander is offline  
Old
10-02-2008, 08:59 PM
  #43
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again
 
chaosrevolver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
2nd and 3rd are pretty much THE pick that I would NEVER do for somebody else...
But lets not have a situation like the Baseball ATD where someone misses their first round time window and Tom Glavine gets picked ahead of Mikey Mantle.

chaosrevolver is offline  
Old
10-02-2008, 09:00 PM
  #44
VanIslander
Hope for better 2015
 
VanIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Lander View Post
Part of me wants to pick a player for him so we can move on
don't give in to the dark side of the force leaf

he DOES have a time window, we should honour it

but he also asked for a co-GM: if we PM other hfboard posters (especially on history board) we can find him one - that's the person who can legitimately pick for him

VanIslander is offline  
Old
10-02-2008, 09:44 PM
  #45
Leaf Lander
Registered User
 
Leaf Lander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: BWO Headquarters
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,766
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
Feel free to call me Paul here

LL anywhere else

Leaf Lander is offline  
Old
10-02-2008, 09:45 PM
  #46
Leaf Lander
Registered User
 
Leaf Lander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: BWO Headquarters
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,766
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
don't give in to the dark side of the force leaf

he DOES have a time window, we should honour it

but he also asked for a co-GM: if we PM other hfboard posters (especially on history board) we can find him one - that's the person who can legitimately pick for him
ok make it so

Leaf Lander is offline  
Old
10-02-2008, 10:36 PM
  #47
God Bless Canada
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bentley reunion
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,790
vCash: 500
Kyle McMahon and Thornton_19 were two guys mentioned for possible co-GM duties. willus3, Dennis Bonvie and Wings4Life are other knowledgeable guys from the HOH Top 100 project who could make for good co-GMs. That goes for kreuz and mullin.

As for the autopick thing, if we're going to be graceful, here's my suggestion: if his time window elapses (is it noon or midnight on the 4th), skip him, let ADC and ES make their pick, and autopick the other possible greatest forward of all-time. I don't think kreuz has ever picked this high, and I don't remember voicing an opinion on the subject, so I don't know which one he would prefer.

(In our case, I think we all know who raleh and I would rather have. But I think we're in the minority).

God Bless Canada is offline  
Old
10-02-2008, 11:39 PM
  #48
Spitfire11
Registered User
 
Spitfire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless Canada View Post
As for the autopick thing, if we're going to be graceful, here's my suggestion: if his time window elapses (is it noon or midnight on the 4th), skip him, let ADC and ES make their pick, and autopick the other possible greatest forward of all-time. I don't think kreuz has ever picked this high, and I don't remember voicing an opinion on the subject, so I don't know which one he would prefer.
I like this idea, lets make it noon on the 4th. Please be ready ADC.

I'm guessing kruez shows up tomorrow night anyways.

Spitfire11 is offline  
Old
10-02-2008, 11:40 PM
  #49
Leaf Lander
Registered User
 
Leaf Lander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: BWO Headquarters
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,766
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
we should consider the option expressed by GBC tomorrow at 5pm est

Leaf Lander is offline  
Old
10-02-2008, 11:41 PM
  #50
Leaf Lander
Registered User
 
Leaf Lander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: BWO Headquarters
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,766
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire11 View Post
I like this idea, lets make it noon on the 4th. Please be ready ADC.

I'm guessing kruezer shows up tomorrow night anyways.
great minds think a like almost

Leaf Lander is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.