HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

All Time Draft #10

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2008, 10:53 AM
Spitfire11

vCash: 500
This is so simple, let ADC and Evil Sather make a pick and then give either Gretzky or Howe to kruezer and the draft can finally get started. Knowing kruezer he will feel bad enough about having this draft wait 5 days for him, then there's a 50% chance we take the player he wants anyways and if we don't how can anyone complain about getting Howe or Gretzky? He also mentioned he'd listen to trade proposals so I doubt he's been waiting 10 drafts to pick his favourite player and we're going to break his heart. Remember this is for FUN, now can ADC make a pick and get this thing started?

Old
10-04-2008, 10:59 AM
pitseleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire11 View Post
This is so simple, let ADC and Evil Sather make a pick and then give either Gretzky or Howe to kruezer and the draft can finally get started. Knowing kruezer he will feel bad enough about having this draft wait 5 days for him, then there's a 50% chance we take the player he wants anyways and if we don't how can anyone complain about getting Howe or Gretzky? He also mentioned he'd listen to trade proposals so I doubt he's been waiting 10 drafts to pick his favourite player and we're going to break his heart. Remember this is for FUN, now can ADC make a pick and get this thing started?
I agree with you. I think it makes the most sense and lets this thing get going.

I don't really care what we end up doing (skipping him, moving him to the bottom the first round/top of the second round, trading his picks, or autopicking for him), but I think we should decide and move on rather than just dwelling on options.

Old
10-04-2008, 11:08 AM
arrbez
bad chi

Send a message via MSN to arrbez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire11 View Post
I'm all for this. Besides, if he wanted a co-GM for exactly this reason, then he was willing to let someone else pick for him anyways.

I say we give him the player who most often goes second (I assume it's the Wayner), and move on. I don't have time to wait another 5 days, I go on a trip in a couple weeks.

Old
10-04-2008, 11:13 AM
kruezer

Sorry for the delay. Things are insanely busy for me until Monday. Seattle is happy to select C Wayne Gretzky. I will be much faster with my next pick.

Old
10-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Diving Pokecheck*

Old
10-04-2008, 11:19 AM
arrbez
bad chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer View Post
Sorry for the delay. Things are insanely busy for me until Monday. Seattle is happy to select C Wayne Gretzky. I will be much faster with my next pick.
Oh, well now I just feel like a jackass for all this "skip him" talk. I was under the impression that we'd be waiting 5 days for your pick.

BTW, Gretzky? Kinda risky this early in the draft. It's great that you rushed back and all, but we would have waited a few more minutes for you to research the pick...

Last edited by arrbez: 10-04-2008 at 11:25 AM.
Old
10-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos

I feel like a jerk, too, k. I guess the guys who said you were reliable and would surely turn up on the first day of the draft were right.

Old
10-04-2008, 02:18 PM
kruezer

Don't worry about it Sturm & Arrbez, I wish I could have gotten here sooner, but I have been without the internet for a while, I will be sure to be on time from here on out.

Old
10-04-2008, 03:17 PM
MXD

Mario Lemieux will proudly wear the bra and panties.

Old
10-04-2008, 03:19 PM
vancityluongo
weeoo

Woo, it's opening day, and kreuzer has made his pick.

Let's see if we can get the first round done today. I mean, I'm pretty sure everyone knows we start the clock today, so hopefully everyone logs on at least once.

Old
10-04-2008, 03:24 PM
arrbez
bad chi

Team Iceland selects:

Eddie Shore

Old
10-04-2008, 03:29 PM
vancityluongo
weeoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrbez View Post
Team Iceland selects:

Eddie Shore
Iceland...Shore...like the shore of Iceland...tehe.

Old
10-04-2008, 04:25 PM
EagleBelfour

I knew Kruezer would make his pick!

The All-Time draft has officially started!!!

EDIT: First time Eddie Shore gets taken that high
EDIT2: My money we wait on LL longer than Kruezer

Old
10-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Nalyd Psycho

Excellent, best possible solution to the problem. Now, we need to get to my pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
we've never had a big problem with that, some posters actually showing up really late local time as a habit while others are in quite different time zones: cottonking and I are in eastern asia, so 2am eastern is 3-4pm, 2am western is 6-7pm

don't stay up if it's your time zone: leave a shortlist or post in the morning

this draft is not about drafting per se, being around at the same time is not necessary: time windows allow us all to post to discussions when it's convenient for us... it's worked pretty well
Exactly. I work nights and so I'm usually up until 4am PST, and since that is 7am EST, that means there are people getting up around when I go to bed. I'll always accept lists if you need a night picker.

10-04-2008, 05:17 PM
vancityluongo
weeoo

Throwing this out there now that the draft is started, and I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet.

Make sure to PM the next GM once you've made your pick.

Old
10-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
are proud to select "The Golden Jet"# 9 Bobby Hull

Quote:
Bobby is regarded as one of the greatest ice hockey players and perhaps the greatest left winger to ever play the game.Few of the game's superstars could match the physical talents of Bobby Hull. The Golden Jet combined blazing speed, a feared unerring accurate slapshot and a powerful physique to rise to the elite of the NHL in the 1960s He scored 604 goals (even more PIM !) 1,153 points (at more than a point-per-game avg.), five-time 50+ goal scorer, 24 career hat tricks. I'm still not sure how he ever managed to win the Lady Byng given his reputation for gritty, tough play. When the NHL started calculating +/-, Hull recorded a +/- of plus 100 over his last five years (imagine what he would have had earlier in his career). He was the complete player -HHOF

He could skate 30 mph shot 118 mph. 19 mph more then the winning slap shot at the all star skills competition.His wrist shot at 105 mph, his backhand shot at 96 mph.He was also an exceptionally strong player with a nearly perfect athlete's body at 5-feet-10 and a solid 195 pounds -Hick of Sports

The Gold Jet pushed the envelope on how fast a man could skate shoot and play hard. Bravely he could ask for more money and hischarisma matched the power of his game. He once told his coach bill reay that he may want to coach one day and nervously coach reay said I hope it's not here.
-Top 50 nhl players

Hull won the 1960 Ross Trophy as the NHL's leading scorer with 39 goals and 43 assists for a total of 82 points. He also won the trophy in 1962 and 1966. Hull scored 50 goals to tie the league record in 1961-62; he broke the record with 54 goals in 1965-66 and extended it to 58 in 1968-69.He won the Hart Trophy as the league's most valuable player in 1965 and 1966 and he holds the record for left wings with 12 all-star selections, including ten as a first team all-star.

In 23 seasons, Hull played 1474 regular season games, scoring 913 goals with 895 assists. His total of 1808 points is third behind Wayne Gretzky and Gordie Howe. In 119 NHL playoff games, he had 62 goals and 67 assists.
WHA totals 411 303 335 638 183
Playoffs 60 43 37 80 38
NHL totals 1063 610 560 1170 640
Playoffs 119 62 67 129 102

Last edited by Leaf Lander: 10-05-2008 at 02:16 PM.
Old
10-04-2008, 05:36 PM
EagleBelfour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Lander View Post
are proud to select "The Golden Jet"# 9 Bobby Hull

bio will come later
Damn, The Golden Jet in a Leafs jersey ... My eyes hurt.

Old
10-04-2008, 05:46 PM
God Bless Canada

LL can expect an offer from pappy before the end of the night.

Eddie Shore at No. 5 is the first moderate surprise of the draft. When will we get the first real surprise?

Old
10-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Nalyd Psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless Canada View Post

Eddie Shore at No. 5 is the first moderate surprise of the draft. When will we get the first real surprise?
18th overall.

Old
10-04-2008, 05:49 PM
vancityluongo
weeoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho View Post
18th overall.
Aki?

Old
10-04-2008, 05:50 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancityluongo View Post
Aki?
Steven Stamkos? Like I know he has some hype...but geez...

Old
10-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Nalyd Psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
Steven Stamkos? Like I know he has some hype...but geez...
Hedman! Gotta get me a franchise D-man...

Old
10-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless Canada View Post

I won't be trading hull

Old
10-04-2008, 07:15 PM
VanIslander
Hockey in the blood.

Dick Irvin says if you're going to start a franchise and can choose any player who has ever played the game he'd pick Big John; Ted Lindsay says he means no disrespect to Gretzky and Mario when he says that Big John is the greatest centre that has ever played the game because the 205lbs swift-skating 6'3" pivot "played in a tough time, when checking was tough, where guys knew how to bodycheck, how to hit, you checked your man, you took your man" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x4erC95lL8

Jean Beliveau

The two-time Hart trophy winner only got one Conn Smythe but pnep's adjusted stats has Big John listed as the most prolific playoff goal scorer in NHL history. His 79 playoff goals still stands in the top-10 all-time in terms of total even though he played in the helluva-less goal scoring 50's and 60's before all but one other great playoff goal scorer who scored three more career playoff goals, two less once pnep did his adjusted stats. Just three months before his 40th birthday Big John scored 22 points in 20 playoff games to lead his Habs to the stanley cup in 1971, hanging up his skates thereafter.

On the 'net there's the stanley cup game 7 goal he scored less than 30 seconds into the contest against Chicago in 1965: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syMw1PujxVw

He may not be remembered as the greatest playoff goal scorer in hockey history but he sure could have been remembered as such as he's right up there with the greatest ever in potting the puck in the postseason. Of course, the 500-goal scorer was so much more, an incredible playmaker, leader and above all perfect team player. It was that team-first philosophy that he exuded always, and it may be part of the reason he is underrated if anything. He would even be remembered as the NHL's first 100-point player if it wasn't for an injury that kept him out of 9 games of a 1958/59 season in which he scored 45 goals, 91 points in 61 games.

I am proud to make Jean Beliveau the captain of the New Haven Nighthawks.

Old
10-04-2008, 08:02 PM
vancityluongo
weeoo

Saw that one coming to be honest.

Closed Thread