HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

What are they worth?

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2004, 06:08 PM
Capn Brown

vCash: 500
What are they worth?

Question: What would you give to obtain the following players?

Dick Tarnstrom
Brendan (or is it Brandon?) Witt
Manny Fernandez
Anson Carter
Adam Oates
Brett (or is it Brad?) Bombardir

I'm just looking for alternatives to the typical Gonchar & Lang dribble. If you can suggest more dudes, feel free. Oh, I have Fernandez in there an a "what if" Cechmanek's groin doesn't get better in time and/or he starts stinking it up in the playoffs.....

Old
02-24-2004, 06:37 PM
punchy1

I would look into Witt. He makes a nice wage but nothing too much. He plays a Miller type game. I would try and move Zizka and Lehoux for him and a 5th. (I know)

Bomber would be a nice pick up as well. None of these players with the exception of Witt woud be worth giving up anything much at this point. Manny might be an answer but only if we were set at making him our number one. Interesting.

Witt is the kind of player that could do well with us for years so would be worth the investment.

Old
02-24-2004, 06:46 PM
Capn Brown

I'm under the impression that we can nab Tarnstrom for Rosa and a 3rd. I've been wrong before, though.

Old
02-24-2004, 07:56 PM
Fat Elvis

I agree with Punchy on this, Witt is the only one on that list who would be worth getting. Tarnstrom is too much like Modry and or other offensive dmen. Witt would bring that grit we've talked about before. I also agree that Ziska, Lehoux and a mid pick could probably get him. I'd replace lehoux with Rosa, Pavel would get a chance to play in Washington.

Old
02-24-2004, 08:00 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
I agree with Punchy on this, Witt is the only one on that list who would be worth getting. Tarnstrom is too much like Modry and or other offensive dmen. Witt would bring that grit we've talked about before. I also agree that Ziska, Lehoux and a mid pick could probably get him. I'd replace lehoux with Rosa, Pavel would get a chance to play in Washington.
On Spectors today, they mentioned the LA might be interested in Witt or Gonchar. We need both of those types even if it's not them two. They're going to want the world for Gonchar, though.

Old
02-24-2004, 09:13 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daleks
Question: What would you give to obtain the following players?

Dick Tarnstrom
Brendan (or is it Brandon?) Witt
Manny Fernandez
Anson Carter
Adam Oates
Brett (or is it Brad?) Bombardir

I'm just looking for alternatives to the typical Gonchar & Lang dribble. If you can suggest more dudes, feel free. Oh, I have Fernandez in there an a "what if" Cechmanek's groin doesn't get better in time and/or he starts stinking it up in the playoffs.....
My list would look something like this: (D only)

Brendan Witt (Worth his money, and still only 28)

Craig Rivet (Another hard hitter, 29yrs old and comes way cheaper than Miller)

Sheldon Souray (LA has tried a couple of times with this guy, and i'd have to believe he was maybe one of the players mentioned on draft day last year, when we held everything up. Stock has gone up, and I doubt he'd be dealt)

Jason Smith (Would have to be a three way deal, because Edmonton doesn't really like to deal with us, and they'd want the world, mean SOB, 31yrs old and a great leader)

Alex Zhitnik (Still miss this guy, and he's been rotting in Buffalo for years, grit, speed, and a happy gilmore slapshot would be great over here again!)

Bryan Berard (Even though he only plays with one eye, he comes on the cheap, he's young and his points are unbelievable-32pts-36gms. he'd be a good addition, especially for our pathetic ass PP)

Calgary D - (Gauthier, Lydman, Regehr, and Warrener) - will it happen no chance! all young, and all great futures, Regehr is definitely untouchable, plus they just re-signed him. Gauthier is always on the block as far as rumor mill goes, and I wouldn't mind him either. Same for Lydman and Warrener. They have Phaneuf probably coming up next year, so maybe one of those guys are expendable?

Hamrlik & Niinimaa - After seeing Hamrlik get beaten down (***** slapped) by Simon, kind of gave me a different opinion. But himself or Janne would be a big lift to our PP.

Expendable players for us - Modry, Corvo, Lehoux, Rosa, Smithson, Tripp, Chartrand, Zizka, Miller, Holland, Kelly, Kuznetsov, Cechmanek, draft picks, and of course a box of used jimmies.

Old
02-24-2004, 09:56 PM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Bomber, although he isn't much, means a lot to Wild's defense, I guess he is thre glue guy there, one with the most leadership/experience. He isn't worth much though, a mid to low pick maybe.
Fernandez hasn't played consecutive games now for about a month, but he will now, with Roloson's fathers death, get to start at least two. Last time he has started, he gave up 4 goals. He is not consistent enough to be a #1, position that he so desires.
Manny's shaky play with his public criticizm of teammates relegated him to backup duty.

Old
02-26-2004, 01:06 AM
LuckyLUC20

According to the Washington Post, the Kings made a strong pitch for Brendan Witt over the weekend. In fact, they have a scout watching him in Washington:

Los Angeles made a strong pitch for Witt over the weekend, according to league sources, and had a pro scout watching him again last night. New Jersey is also believed to be interested. ...

"If the team decides to go in a younger direction and I'm not wanted here," Witt said, "then I'd be more than happy to go to a team like Dallas or New Jersey." ...

The Kings and Stars also continue to bid for winger Mike Grier, several sources said, and McPhee has rebuffed requests for centers Dainius Zubrus and Jeff Halpern, but some scouts believe Grier, who makes $1.63 million, could yield a return too tempting to pass up.

Washington Post

Good to know the Kings are looking into trades to improve the team! Go get Witt!!

Old
02-26-2004, 01:52 AM
The VEGASKING
#1 fan

Send a message via AIM to The VEGASKING Send a message via Yahoo to The VEGASKING
Witt is the only one I'd try to get. Big physical d-man that we could use. If Miller ever gets back we could have one of those types on all 3 defense pairs.

Closed Thread