HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PRE-SEASON--Toronto Maple Leafs @ St. Louis Blues -- 8:30pm EST, Oct. 1/08

Old
10-01-2008, 01:57 PM
LTL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemmy View Post
I've checked the Star, the Sun, Sportsnet, CBC, MapleLeafs.com, and a bunch of blogs and found nothing.

I'm starting to wonder if because it's a preseason game far away from Toronto that no one will bother putting the lineup online.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
Anybody know the lineup for tonight?
The lineup will be rookie filled tonight according to Leafs Lunch. One last look for Wilson.

LTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Raymones

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayCraven24 View Post
Excellent!! All hail Frogurt or Fraggle Rock or whatever nickname you want to call him...
Froggy? I know teammates here in Sweden call him Frögga.. Maybe you come up with something if I translate his name for you..

Frö = seed (the kind you put in soil to grow plants..just wanted to clarify that so you don't come up with any dirty nicknames..)

Gren= branch

Sorry, OT.

Will be interesting to see a kind of unexperienced and youthful team tonight! If I manage to stay awake, that is..8.30 over there is 02.30 here..

Last edited by Raymones: 10-01-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Raymones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Suntouchable13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTL View Post
The lineup will be rookie filled tonight according to Leafs Lunch. One last look for Wilson.
Well, he'll probably have one more look because of the back-to-back-to-back weekend.

Suntouchable13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 02:41 PM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayCraven24 View Post
Excellent!! All hail Frogurt or Fraggle Rock or whatever nickname you want to call him...
I prefer, Toad

leaflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Yup

Frogren -- Stralman -- White -- Kronwall -- Schenn -- Richard Petiot will be playing defense

Cujo back up by Pogge.

Grabovski, Mayers, Hagman, Poni, Mitchell, Earl, Tlusty, Hollweg, Devo, Bell, Steen and Kyle Rogers is the names I believed I heard will comprise the forward group tonight.

10-01-2008, 03:01 PM
LTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Yup

Frogren -- Stralman -- White -- Kronwall -- Schenn -- Richard Petiot will be playing defense

Cujo back up by Pogge.

Grabovski, Mayers, Hagman, Poni, Mitchell, Earl, Tlusty, Hollweg, Devo, Bell, Steen and Kyle Rogers is the names I believed I heard will comprise the forward group tonight.
Wow the grinders are out in full force tonight. Can't wait to see the massive amount of ice time the Grabs line will get tonight.

Old
10-01-2008, 03:14 PM
mapes

Quote:
Yup

Cujo back up by Pogge.

I expect a good game seeing the younger guys but a tough one.

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Volcanologist
Used Register

Quote:
Darn Andy Wozniewski got cut so he will not be in the line-up tonight for the Blues.
A shocking development, to be sure.

Volcanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 03:27 PM
leaflover
New hope

Any word on the Blues lineup tonight.I thought i saw they made more cuts yesterday so with their injuries they must be down to their regular season starting roster + 3 or 4 holdovers.
We could get smoked.

Old
10-01-2008, 03:36 PM
EazyB97

Really wish we would have someone like Foster or Boyce in the line-up over Rogers. Might've been a decent move to keep Dido here for a little longer, give'em these two games against the Blues.

EazyB97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 03:38 PM
LTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
A shocking development, to be sure.

To think people were arguing with me all of last season over how good Woz actually was.

WOZ

Old
10-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Jerkini

Quote:
When McCabe was out Andy Woz got the call to replace him
Only because our coach was terrible. Bolded for emphasis.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 03:45 PM
leaflover
New hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyB97 View Post
Really wish we would have someone like Foster or Boyce in the line-up over Rogers. Might've been a decent move to keep Dido here for a little longer, give'em these two games against the Blues.
Dido got his taste and found out first hand where he's lacking so i don't mind him back in junior.Plus he was one of the easiest to place elsewhere.

Old
10-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Sorry Boyce and Foster were among the first cuts. Fletch and Wilson recognized real early they were Marlies.

Boyce attending the rookie tournament meant he is not in the Leafs plans in the near future. Kyle Rogers was a Fletcher team find and signing so they think much higher of him. However Rogers is only playing because Kulemin has a knee injury and can't go and missed practice today.

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 03:51 PM
EazyB97

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaflover View Post
Dido got his taste and found out first hand where he's lacking so i don't mind him back in junior.Plus he was one of the easiest to place elsewhere.
I'd prefer him getting the extra experience over Rogers.
Quote:
Sorry Boyce and Foster were among the first cuts. Fletch and Wilson recognized real early they were Marlies.

Boyce attending the rookie tournament meant he is not in the Leafs plans in the near future. Kyle Rogers was a Fletcher team find and signing so they think much higher of him. However Rogers is only playing because Kulemin has a knee injury and can't go and missed practice today.
I'm well aware they were among the first cuts, I just would prefer them over Rogers, who was beyond lost with his 4th line duties and spent have his time on the ice watching. I just hate the idea of playing Rogers when he's so very weak in so many aspects of the game. He's a longer shot than both Boyce and Foster and brings less to the table. Handles the puck like a grenade, doesn't read the play and barely moved anyone on his attempted hits. Don't see the point in using him over the ones I mentioned, who looked much better in the AHL last season or instead of keeping Dido for the extra time. It's not a major move by any stretch, just one that rewards a weaker player. I'm hoping this isn't an indication of who our first call-ups will be.

Old
10-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Leafidelity
Way she goes...

vCash: 1775
Quote:

WOZ
This actually reminds me of our dorm when everyone would come over to watch the Leaf games on the bigscreen

Leafidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 03:57 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
I'd prefer him getting the extra experience over Rogers.

I'm well aware they were among the first cuts, I just would prefer them over Rogers, who was beyond lost with his 4th line duties and spent have his time on the ice watching. I just hate the idea of playing Rogers when he's so very weak in so many aspects of the game. He's a longer shot than both Boyce and Foster and brings less to the table. Handles the puck like a grenade, doesn't read the play and barely moved anyone on his attempted hits. Don't see the point in using him over the ones I mentioned, who looked much better in the AHL last season or instead of keeping Dido for the extra time. It's not a major move by any stretch, just one that rewards a weaker player. I'm hoping this isn't an indication of who our first call-ups will be.
Again, we must be watching different games because I thought that Rogers acquitted himself fairly well in that game. He looked lost a bit but played physically and managed to help create a little offence also.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 03:59 PM
LTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guys View Post
This actually reminds me of our dorm when everyone would come over to watch the Leaf games on the bigscreen

Old
10-01-2008, 04:01 PM
ugotmybeef*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Again, we must be watching different games because I thought that Rogers acquitted himself fairly well in that game. He looked lost a bit but played physically and managed to help create a little offence also.
Eaz must be watching the game backwards or some ******** maple beleaf game.

ugotmybeef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 04:02 PM
EazyB97

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Saw a few times where he took a run at players who essential laughed him off. He'd lose his point man often and wasn't able to help out his line mates defensively or as a passing option. There were far too many instances where we'd re-group and he'd be standing still at the red line watching the puck while everyone else was moving to a position (likely not able to see on TV). Plus he has hard hands, passes at this level seem difficult for him to control.

Old
10-01-2008, 04:02 PM
LTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotmybeef View Post
Interesting.

Old
10-01-2008, 04:03 PM
EazyB97

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotmybeef View Post
Ya, I got nothing on you kid. That's for sure. I wish I could follow the game like you.

Old
10-01-2008, 04:05 PM
alienanton*

no kulemin tonight?

alienanton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Leafs are saying Kulemin suffered a knee injury will miss at least the next 7-10 days and likely going to miss the season opener as well. So unfortunately he will not get in any more exhibition games to help his NA adjustment.

Kubina also injured his knee and has the same status as for the opener and gone at least 10 days. That might make the decision to keep Schenn into the regular season more likely now.

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 04:09 PM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Leafs are saying Kulemin suffered a knee injury will miss at least the next 7-10 days and likely going to miss the season opener as well. So unfortunately he will not get in any more exhibition games to help his NA adjustment.

Kubina also injured his knee and has the same status as for the opener and gone at least 10 days. That might make the decision to keep Schenn into the regular season more likely now.
Wouldn't be surprised if the Leafs gave Kulemin an AHL conditioning stint before he was brought back into the lineup...