HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Price

Old
10-01-2008, 01:11 AM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Price

I could see the kid winning the Vezina as soon as this year.. Technically perfect, as fast as a any lightweight goaltenders in the league, strong between the ears and a team that will compete for the Stanley Cup playing in front of him, expect Price to reach some amazing numbers this year.. This kid is just that amazing, the game he played tonight was unreal, he is a beauty to watch, I just cant say how high I am right now on this kid, ask me who of Price or Kopitar I would pick right now and its not even close to me, I see Price becoming a phenomenom at his position, just like Crosby is at his position..

BTW, I will make some comments regarding the game of tonight since there is no post game thread open...

First, this game had nothing to do with a normal exhibition game, in fact it was played at a playoffs pace, The Wings wanted this one be sure, their transition, speed, intensity were top level, sure that some big names were missing but they are so depth and so well coatched its crazy.. We matched their speed progressively through the game and at the end we had the edge, probably because we were the heavier team and the solid bodychecks thrown by our big guys all along the game made the difference.. Great effort from everyone tonight Its incredible how improved this game is since the lock-out, incredible to see those guys skate.. (sorry Pépé Lemieux but even in the AHL, you will find the game too fast for your old legs)

Max Pac is without any doubt a Hell of prospect, I just cant believe we got him late in the first round, huge steal, guys like that are rare and very valuable for a team.. Im in love, like everyone.. First call-up if one of our top 6 wingers get injured.. I still think signing him that early was a great idea, it will push Latendresse at another level.. Actually Pacioretty is already ahead of Latendresse in term of development.. Oh, Am I the only one who find that Max Pac looks alot like Roger Federer? Same face..

Matt DAgostini is already miles away better than Michael Ryder, the kid has some very nice hands and some real NHL skills.. Well, the Bruins have Ryder on their "first" line while we are too stocked to find D'Ago a spot on our third line.. Another 8-0 against Boston?

Sergei Kost played better tonight, but he is the only one that I could see dumped out of our top 9 if Gainey plans to keep Paccioretty to start the season.. I would be surprised if it happens but nothing is impossible..

I liked Chipchura, he is playing with poise, I would like him to center our fourth line but its impossible at the moment, Gainey has to make room for him..

Im a big Stewart fan and I think he will be part of the roster next year.. I doubt Gainey resign Begin Dandy and Kosto.. Ive alot of respect for these guys, especially a guy lile Begin who gave it all for this team, I appreciated this little warrior at the highest point but his numerous injuries slowed his carreer down and it was to expect considering the style of game he played combined to a lack of size.. Local hero forever, I just hope to see him stand the Stanley cup next spring, would be one of the most ovationed and would be well deserved! So Im looking for a Lapierre\Stewart Chipchura Laraque\Stewart fourth line next year..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 02:30 AM
1234rer

Luongo couldn't pull off a Veznia win in 06/07
Nabokov couldn't pull off a Veznia win in 07/08

Both had spectacular seasons superior to Brodeur in those years, and still couldn't beat him. The Brodeur loving Gm's will continue to vote for Brodeur until he retires so.......no, I don't see Price winning no matter what kind of season he has.

I think Brodeur is great, always has and always will, but, I believe he will continue to win the Vezina due to the Gm's man crush on him.

1234rer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 02:30 AM
Tusk

Are you sure there's not an unproven rookie that you would rather give Price's job too?

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 07:22 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234rer View Post
Both had spectacular seasons superior to Brodeur in those years, and still couldn't beat him. The Brodeur loving Gm's will continue to vote for Brodeur until he retires so.......no, I don't see Price winning no matter what kind of season he has.

I think Brodeur is great, always has and always will, but, I believe he will continue to win the Vezina due to the Gm's man crush on him.
Even Brodeur loves Price

Anyway, the "League loves Brodeur, he'll hold it forever" argument is silly. Did you see his 07 numbers? He lead the league in wins and shutouts. Also, last season was supposed to be the season New Jersey fell apart because they didn't have this defensive force in front of Brodeur and he'd become human. While Brodeur did have streaks of questionable goaltending, he still propped up the Devils and pushed them to almost winning the Atlantic again despite the team not being there. Put Mike Smith in net last season and the Devils do not make the playoffs. That was the big reason for his Vezina win. He propped the team on his shoulders and took them farther than they deserved. That's a Vezina effort.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 07:37 AM
ThePriceisRight

Price is god.

ThePriceisRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Maxpac

Quote:

ya but there's less talk around the league about Luongo or Nabokov then Price, eversince he was picked too high in the 05 draft, then after his spectacular performance at the WJC and the calder cup in the same season, and then the year after he was the #1 goalie of the #1 team in the Eastern conference, point is, if he diserves the vesina, he'l get the vesina

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Price must of played a good game last night...reactionary/bandwagon threads :

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:24 AM
FrankMTL

Who is this Carey Price everybody is talking about? Is he any good??

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:35 AM
Judge Sauer*

Let's not get ahead of ourselves now.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Trexim

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
Are you sure there's not an unproven rookie that you would rather give Price's job too?
LOL ...... Maybe he has a different rule for goalie ... wait until they are 22 and a half, before replacing them with a green face ...

Trexim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 10:55 AM
couz

He'll have ample time in his career to win awards.

couz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Nedved

raycroft for vezina.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 12:31 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Hab_Fan View Post
Price must of played a good game last night...reactionary/bandwagon threads :
Its more than just a good game, the kid is just that dominant this year in front of the net, I see no flaw in his technic, he is faster and looks way more energic than last year.. And with the team he will have in front of him, I think his chances of winning the Vezina are pretty high.. But another poster made a good point, Brodeur is still there and with the add of Rolston, NJ should be better than last year.. I was one of the few who thought Devils would have a tough time to make the playoffs but Brodeur was still there to make this team pretty respectable..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:

this is not true. Brodeur was clearly the best goaltender in 07. He lead the nhl in wins, save %, gaa and shutouts. This year he was close to Nabokov in wins, but wella head in save %. I hate Brodeur, but to say he did not deserve the vezina the last two seasons is ridiculous. His other two vezinas however, in 2003 and 2004 are a tragedy of voting.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 10-01-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 02:03 PM
znk

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 02:19 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post

Well played sir, well played

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 02:49 PM
1234rer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
this is not true. Brodeur was clearly the best goaltender in 07. He lead the nhl in wins, save %, gaa and shutouts. This year he was close to Nabokov in wins, but wella head in save %. I hate Brodeur, but to say he did not deserve the vezina the last two seasons is ridiculous. His other two vezinas however, in 2003 and 2004 are a tragedy of voting.
Definition of Vezina - At the end of each season, the 30 General Managers of the teams in the National Hockey League vote to determine the goaltender who was the most valuable to his team during the regular season

Luongo single handily took Vancouver into the playoffs, we are talking about a team with really crappy offence.

Nabokov saved his team after defensive collapse to keep them in the game.

New Jersey is the definition of TRAP.

Stats can be very deceiving, you have to watch the goalie play in order to recognize their worth.

/rant

Old
10-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Corey

It's a good thing Price won't be used at all against the Bruins in the preseason. That way it'll be a shock for them to face him the first time they see him in the regular season. They'll realize it would be very difficult to win or even split the season's series against the Habs.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 03:03 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
See...its threads like these that make us as a fanbase look bad. Price is good; he may be great, but right now, he's still unproven.

Lets see how he fares in a bona fide #1 role throughout the course of a season before we peg him as a legitimate Vez contender

Old
10-01-2008, 03:27 PM
SC2008

OT, but how many starts will Halek get? Got him on my fantasy as a bench player now. Love his talent. Would be a steal if price were to get hurt.

SC2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Definition of Vezina - At the end of each season, the 30 General Managers of the teams in the National Hockey League vote to determine the goaltender who was the most valuable to his team during the regular season

Luongo single handily took Vancouver into the playoffs, we are talking about a team with really crappy offence.

Nabokov saved his team after defensive collapse to keep them in the game.

New Jersey is the definition of TRAP.

Stats can be very deceiving, you have to watch the goalie play in order to recognize their worth.

/rant
how was Luongo more valuable to Vancouver in 07 thsn Brodeur was to Jersey? Luongo was the 2nd best goaltender in the league in 2007, and the voting reflected that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
See...its threads like these that make us as a fanbase look bad. Price is good; he may be great, but right now, he's still unproven.

Lets see how he fares in a bona fide #1 role throughout the course of a season before we peg him as a legitimate Vez contender
he received vezina consideration last season just so you are aware

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 10-01-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 03:50 PM
bjac

Quote:
Really? Can you post the link? It would be an interesting read... Or is this another rumour that started from some armchair GM's online blog...

bjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 04:08 PM
1234rer

Quote:
Was it Pierre McGuire who considered him? If so it doesn't count, he thinks everyone is a monster and considers everyone to win everything.

Old
10-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Was it Pierre McGuire who considered him? If so it doesn't count, he thinks everyone is a monster and considers everyone to win everything.
Except Cristobal Huet, because he hates France.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2008, 04:23 PM
kovalev47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjac View Post
Really? Can you post the link? It would be an interesting read... Or is this another rumour that started from some armchair GM's online blog...
He's right sort of. 11 goalies were considered.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...HL-Awards.html

kovalev47 is offline   Reply With Quote