HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Dan Fritsche Swiss League Offer?

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Dougmustgo*

vCash: 500
Dan Fritsche Swiss League Offer?

The latest talk here is that Ambri-Piotta, his uncle John's former elite league team is close to making him an offer to play over here this season. Anyone know if the Rangers are going to sign him or cut him? If they do cut him I think The Rangers loss would be our gain for sure. I'll keep an eye on this for sure. Does anyone know when final NYR cuts are?

Old
10-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger49 View Post
The latest talk here is that Ambri-Piotta, his uncle John's former elite league team is close to making him an offer to play over here this season. Anyone know if the Rangers are going to sign him or cut him? If they do cut him I think The Rangers loss would be our gain for sure. I'll keep an eye on this for sure. Does anyone know when final NYR cuts are?
The Rangers have signed him....it's illegal for him to go elsewhere...cutting him is another story but he still has to abide by his contract....

Old
10-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 555
I don't think there's any chance they'll release him. I say this because unlike what most may think I think that the Rangers actually wanted him to come to N.Y. and that he was more than a "throw in" in the Tyutin-Zherdev deal.

Old
10-02-2008, 04:19 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Sather had said he wanted fritsche in that deal because they had interest him along with zherdev.....so no he wasnt just a "throw-in"

Old
10-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Matt

You are correct. They scouted him for over a month. They were talking the Fritsche trade when Howson surprised them when he mentioned Zherdev

Old
10-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Dougmustgo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
I don't think there's any chance they'll release him. I say this because unlike what most may think I think that the Rangers actually wanted him to come to N.Y. and that he was more than a "throw in" in the Tyutin-Zherdev deal.
Thanks, I've been watching the games but haven't really seen much of him. Even with the short ice-time he has produced big time. I followed him when he was in Columbus also, its was kind of the same situation there. He didn't play much but if you do the math an divide points by minutes CBJ got the most production from Fritsche. Also, not to mention the 90%+ of his points are usually scored on full strength, the hardest way to score in the NHL. He would be deadly with some PP time in the NHL or even over here.

Old
10-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

They won't release him and no offense to the Swiss-League but why would he want to break his contract to go to an inferior league?

Old
10-02-2008, 04:26 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
No link to a news story. No thread.