HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Los Angeles Kings @ Anaheim Ducks, Wednesday 10/01/08 @ 7:05 PM PST

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2008, 06:46 PM
12 oz Papa*

vCash: 500
As a Ducks fan, I can agree with most of your views, guys.

Doughty - awesome. He better make the team.

Jack Johnson - Good as always, but not as great as usual. It's only preseason.

Simmonds - Wow! Great player. NHL ready.

Boyle - let me down. I remember him from last year, but I felt he struggled in this game.

Frolov - Invisible.

Ersberg - Awesome!

Old
10-02-2008, 07:25 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
So far consistent things in the pre-season.

The Good:

Doughty
Boyle
Martinez
Westgarth
Simmonds
Moulson
Armstrong

The Bad:
Ersberg
Calder

The "we expected more."
Purcell
Hickey
Hickey was awesome in Vegas and wasn't bad in the Phoenix game. I don't know what was expected of him, but he's played well.

Purcell has been underwhelming; kind of looks like he is relying on his skill to make things happen but he's going to have to get dirty in the NHL to reach his potential. I think he's been outplayed by some of the younger guys and his fellow Manchester teammates, Meckler included and he was sent down today.

I think Martinez was fantastic last night, probably the best King's d-man. Unfortunately for this season, I think there will be guys in Manchester and Juniors who are good enough to be on the big club but will have to "pay their dues". If Boyle, Purcell and Moulson all look great this year then I won't question this philosophy.

Remember, the better the team in Manchester, especially the defense, the better it is for Bernier's development and confidence.

Old
10-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Pucknut50

Personally I don't think Purcell has NHL potential, Boyle is a 3rd line guy at best, Moulsen will be a 20/20 guy playing 2nd or 3rd line minutes. So our 3 Manchester players will not have a huge impact to change where we end up which is last in the confrence. That said Moller, Simmonds, Meckler, Bernier, and Doughty, I can see as impact guys down the road. I have not seen enough of Teubert and Hickey to form an opinion one way or the other.

Guys were getting better but we have to have some of these guys excel and frankly I don't see it this year.

Closed Thread