HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

7th Obsequious Banter Thread...Hartnell is Handzus.

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Ri hards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
I got mine right away. I've heard it can take a little time now and then.

Send a pm to Buffaloed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
I got mine right away too, but I did it when I signed up. The fact that you're already a member may have something to do with it.
Alrighty, will do. Thanks team.

Old
10-20-2008, 01:52 PM
CNote
Get 'er done

Sundin/Flyers per espn.com

Scott Burnside: Maybe the Canucks' strong start -- not to mention the $20 million bucks on the table -- will convince Sundin that Vancouver is the real deal. I still think he waits until closer to Thanksgiving (that'd be the real Thanksgiving, not the Canadian version) before making a decision. Still, I think the Rangers will be in the hunt, although I think that poses real chemistry issues for a team just starting to look like they're on the same page. Interesting times. Well, until next time my friend? I've got to go and read your blog now.
Piere LeBrun: Don't forget about the Flyers with Sundin. They are real interested in him, perhaps now more than ever. But yeah, the Big Swede won't play his first NHL game until December, I predict.

Old
10-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger73549 View Post
Ovechkin can fight and he doesn't dive.
Wait...what?

Old
10-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
Wait...what?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I still haven't completely forgiven him for that dive in the playoffs. Oh, and the fight with Cannon comes to mind as well.

Old
10-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Nikkowar

Send a message via AIM to Nikkowar Send a message via MSN to Nikkowar
Forsbergisodin, I'm disappointed in you.

Old
10-20-2008, 03:39 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Wait...what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I still haven't completely forgiven him for that dive in the playoffs. Oh, and the fight with Cannon comes to mind as well.
Ok, Ovie fights, and rarely dives.

Jeez guys, this board really is so nit-picky. Ovie is much tougher then Crosby and isn't as much of a baby as Crosby. He will fight.

But no, he isn't perfect and he does dive from time to time. Everyone takes a dive once in a while. If you feel a stick between your skates, sometimes players will go down and draw the penalty.

Old
10-20-2008, 03:57 PM
kicksave27

But what is worse, a dive to get a penalty or the ref who actually falls for it?

Old
10-20-2008, 04:01 PM
Opus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
But what is worse, a dive to get a penalty or the ref who actually falls for it?
Clearly, the dive to get the penalty.

Every single player is guilty of selling a penalty, some just more than others.

Old
10-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Ok, Ovie fights, and rarely dives.

Jeez guys, this board really is so nit-picky. Ovie is much tougher then Crosby and isn't as much of a baby as Crosby. He will fight.

But no, he isn't perfect and he does dive from time to time. Everyone takes a dive once in a while. If you feel a stick between your skates, sometimes players will go down and draw the penalty.
There's not much evidence to suggest he'll fight. He's had one career fight in the KHL, the one in pre-season against Richards in which Richie jumped him and Ovechkin responded to protect himself (and got pummeled), and one in the regular season against Gaustad that same season. I highly doubt he wanted to be in that one, too.

Edit: according to dropyourgloves.com, the fight against Gaustad was when Ovechkin hit Briere from behind and Gaustad jumped on him to defend his teammate. Ovechkin didn't even drop the gloves. So according to this database, Crosby has more career NHL fights than Ovechkin. After watching it on youtube, Ovechkin turtles.

Yeah, he doesn't fight.

Old
10-20-2008, 04:28 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
The curse of Palin...

Seriously, I would love to see someone with a sign that says "Palin cursed us" followed with an "Obama '08" sticker attached to it.

Old
10-20-2008, 04:42 PM
Opus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Seriously, I would love to see someone with a sign that says "Palin cursed us" followed with an "Obama '08" sticker attached to it.
Maybe we should all wear the Palin avatar until...

a.) We win
b.) Obama wins
c.) Stevens is fired (No wait! That would be too long)

Old
10-20-2008, 05:13 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Well, my week started out pretty good! I had an email from my boss - a client of ours is holding a Supplier Appreciation function and he's not able to go. So he asked me if I could go in his place. Here's part of the invitation:

Quote:
Details:
• Intimate VIP dinner with cocktails, followed by a group event to see the legendary rock band, The Who.
• Wednesday, October 22. 5:00 pm
I told him I thought I could clear my calendar....

Old
10-20-2008, 05:23 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Well, my week started out pretty good! I had an email from my boss - a client of ours is holding a Supplier Appreciation function and he's not able to go. So he asked me if I could go in his place. Here's part of the invitation:

Generally, my favorite three-word expression is "All expenses paid" but "Intimate VIP dinner" is right there, too.

Sure, I can make it.

Old
10-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Opus

Quote:

That's pretty sweet!

Enjoy your perks.

Old
10-20-2008, 05:39 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
There's not much evidence to suggest he'll fight. He's had one career fight in the KHL, the one in pre-season against Richards in which Richie jumped him and Ovechkin responded to protect himself (and got pummeled), and one in the regular season against Gaustad that same season. I highly doubt he wanted to be in that one, too.

Edit: according to dropyourgloves.com, the fight against Gaustad was when Ovechkin hit Briere from behind and Gaustad jumped on him to defend his teammate. Ovechkin didn't even drop the gloves. So according to this database, Crosby has more career NHL fights than Ovechkin. After watching it on youtube, Ovechkin turtles.

Yeah, he doesn't fight.
Wow, I guess my image of him was affected by that Richards pre-season brawl and I completely messed up.

Even though I just got pwned. I admit it, I was wrong.

Ovie is still cooler then Crosby, and better to.

Old
10-20-2008, 06:03 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Wow, I guess my image of him was affected by that Richards pre-season brawl and I completely messed up.

Even though I just got pwned. I admit it, I was wrong.

Ovie is still cooler then Crosby, and better to.
Haha, well at least we can admit when we make mistakes. Yeah, he's still cooler than Crosby, though.

Quote:

Hey buddy...need a date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Generally, my favorite three-word expression is "All expenses paid" but "Intimate VIP dinner" is right there, too.

Sure, I can make it.
I'll fight you for it.

Old
10-20-2008, 10:12 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:

I'm a tad jealous (picture of Roger would be greatly appreciated ).

Seriously, enjoy. I hope you won't have to miss a Flyers game to dine with The Who.
Boy, what a drag that would be.

Old
10-20-2008, 10:15 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
I saw the Who live in concert a couple of years ago. Robert Plant opened for them. They were pretty good, but no Pinball Wizard. What gives?

Old
10-20-2008, 10:20 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
I saw the Who live in concert a couple of years ago. Robert Plant opened for them. They were pretty good, but no Pinball Wizard. What gives?
I saw that tour. One windbag kept screaming "Play 'Stairway to Heaven.'" And that was when the Who was on stage. At that point I figured the guy was plastered.

Old
10-20-2008, 10:49 PM
flyersfan97

I need to talk to my boss tomorrow. He seriously needs to score some VIP Van Halen tickets and then not be able to attend and ask me to go in his place.

Old
10-20-2008, 10:57 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
I saw that tour. One windbag kept screaming "Play 'Stairway to Heaven.'" And that was when the Who was on stage. At that point I figured the guy was plastered.

Well, that's pretty pathetic.

The last time I saw VH, midway through the show these two guys come behind me and start screaming to each other about some business deal...during Eddie's solo!!
There's laws against that.

Old
10-20-2008, 11:03 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan97 View Post
Well, that's pretty pathetic.

The last time I saw VH, midway through the show these two guys come behind me and start screaming to each other about some business deal...during Eddie's solo!!
There's laws against that.
So, a bunch of us kiddies saw the Who -- late 80s. One chum decides to rent a minibus. You got it: Magic Bus. There were maybe 40 people having a grande olde tyme. Then, this one chap glanced over in my direction. I didn't know him. I asked if everything was cool. He smiled broadly and with a harmonious stare. He then said "Hey man, I know you, you sold me my first hit of mesc at Woodstock."

My attempts to dissuade this individual failed even when I said "What's wrong with you?! I was about four during Woodstock!" He was convinced it was me and then thanked me by saying "You made me miss the 70s."

Even better, no one claimed him afterwards. He got on the bus by error.

Old
10-20-2008, 11:04 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Sure, I can make it.
Quote:
Hey buddy...need a date?
Gee, all of a sudden, I'm a very popular girl! But you're out of luck fellas... even my husband can't go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan97 View Post
I'm a tad jealous (picture of Roger would be greatly appreciated ).

Seriously, enjoy. I hope you won't have to miss a Flyers game to dine with The Who.
Boy, what a drag that would be.
I'll do my best... I have no idea where our seats are! Thanks, I think I am missing a Flyers game, but somehow I don't think I'll miss missing it!

Old
10-20-2008, 11:06 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
So, a bunch of us kiddies saw the Who -- late 80s. One chum decides to rent a minibus. You got it: Magic Bus. There were maybe 40 people having a grande olde tyme. Then, this one chap glanced over in my direction. I didn't know him. I asked if everything was cool. He smiled broadly and with a harmonious stare. He then said "Hey man, I know you, you sold me my first hit of mesc at Woodstock."

My attempts to dissuade this individual failed even when I said "Dude, I was about four at Woodstock!" He was convinced and then thanked me by saying "You made me miss the 70s."

Even better, no one claimed him. He got on the bus by error.
That's hilarious! The guy was probably so happy to be able to thank you!

Old
10-20-2008, 11:10 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:

My attempts to dissuade this individual failed even when I said "What's wrong with you?! I was about four during Woodstock!" He was convinced it was me and then thanked me by saying "You made me miss the 70s."
Suuuuuuuuuure, you were "about four."

Quote:
Even better, no one claimed him afterwards. He got on the bus by error.
This story is hysterical, but honestly, this is my favorite part.

"No one claimed him..."

Closed Thread