HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-pit

Old
10-02-2008, 06:42 AM
hockeyfan99ss*

vCash: 500
Tor-pit

kaberle
steen

staal
orpik
1st rounder

PITS thoughts: We just improved out defence massivly with the addition of kaberle, not only in the short term as a replacement for gonchar, but when he comes back we have a gonchar/kaberle powerplay. The addition of steen is a cheap top6 center/winger that can play 2way fine and pot some goals. was highly touted and may still break out when put next to an elite goalscorer like malkin or crosby.

TOR thoughts:
We add a young, strong 2way great pk top 6 centerman to our team, adds to our crap pk and provides a solution to the lack of studlyness at center. and we get orpik which is a good 28 year old physical defenceman, signed to a decent term, is younger then kaberle and really solidifies the physical presence that our team is looking for from their defence. and we get the first rounder to add value.

hockeyfan99ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 06:49 AM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Jeffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 06:52 AM
Pukboy5kroner

Not horrible, for another Staal for Kaberle deal, but with the addition of Steen and Orpik, adding a 1st from Pit seems like too much to me.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 06:54 AM
Evilo

vCash: 432
Lol, Pittsburgh says NO!

Evilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 07:13 AM
TheFisherKing

change the 1st to a 3rd and a mid prospect, and pittsburgh considers it.

TheFisherKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 07:35 AM
JTG

After seeing the last 5 Toronto trade proposals, you have added a peice that is just as valuable to the Pens team as Staal.

And someone please tell me why the Pens want Steen? Please...refresh me as to why we want to trade for another top 6 center who will be on our 3rd line.

Please, research before you make trade proposals...this kills the Pens.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 07:52 AM
DougGilmour93

New direction....

To Pits:
Alexei Ponikarovsky
Jiri Tlusty
Pavel Kubina

To Tor:
Jordan Staal
one of T.Kennedy/Talbot/Grant
Sydor (salary dump)

Last edited by DougGilmour93: 10-02-2008 at 08:01 AM.
DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 07:57 AM
Gooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tevez View Post
change the 1st to a 3rd and a mid prospect, and pittsburgh considers it.
uhh no they dont

Gooch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:00 AM
Gooch

How about the Penguins don't want any garbage from the Leafs.... cant that finally be accepted. You seriously have to be the most annoying fans of any team on this board. You keep doing the SAME thing over and over even when everyone tells you it's stupid. What the hell is wrong with you people?

Theres ton's of Montreal fans on these boards but you don't see them doing this crap the way you leaf fans do. So stop using as a crutch that there are just a lot of you. Any Leaf fan that posts a Staal for anyone on the leafs trade is braindead.

Gooch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:04 AM
Jill Sandwich
Master of Unlocking

Send a message via MSN to Jill Sandwich
I'm now convinced they're doing this only to agitate Pittsburgh fans. There's no other reason. Someone should put a stop to it, really. Seriously.

Jill Sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Darth Sidious*

I'm just going to boycott these threads. Obvious Maple Leaf trolls are obvious.

Darth Sidious* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Sneekypete

Pitt gets the shaft

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 08:59 AM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
New direction....

To Pits:
Alexei Ponikarovsky
Jiri Tlusty
Pavel Kubina

To Tor:
Jordan Staal
one of T.Kennedy/Talbot/Grant
Sydor (salary dump)
So we don't even get Kaberle by giving up Staal?

And thanks for letting us dump Sydor's salary and take on Kubina's...that makes sense.

IHWR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 09:07 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! HISSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

And may this image haunt all your nightmares.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 09:49 AM
arrbez
bad chi

Send a message via MSN to arrbez
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
After seeing the last 5 Toronto trade proposals, you have added a peice that is just as valuable to the Pens team as Staal.

And someone please tell me why the Pens want Steen? Please...refresh me as to why we want to trade for another top 6 center who will be on our 3rd line.

Please, research before you make trade proposals...this kills the Pens.
Steen plays wing...

arrbez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 09:52 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHWR View Post
So we don't even get Kaberle by giving up Staal?

And thanks for letting us dump Sydor's salary and take on Kubina's...that makes sense.
Well you guys didn't want to give up a 1st in the deal so.....

I mean, Kaberle will bring in a young up and comer (Staal), a b level prospect (?) and a 1st easily.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 09:57 AM
HappyHuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan99ss View Post
kaberle
steen

staal
orpik
1st rounder

PITS thoughts: We just improved out defence massivly with the addition of kaberle, not only in the short term as a replacement for gonchar, but when he comes back we have a gonchar/kaberle powerplay. The addition of steen is a cheap top6 center/winger that can play 2way fine and pot some goals. was highly touted and may still break out when put next to an elite goalscorer like malkin or crosby.

TOR thoughts:
We add a young, strong 2way great pk top 6 centerman to our team, adds to our crap pk and provides a solution to the lack of studlyness at center. and we get orpik which is a good 28 year old physical defenceman, signed to a decent term, is younger then kaberle and really solidifies the physical presence that our team is looking for from their defence. and we get the first rounder to add value.
Real Pittsburgh Thoughts: We are short on top 2 line wingers so let's trade one of ours. Whitney and Gonchar are coming back this season so we don't need another offensive defensemen and Whitney is more than capable of playing the other point on the PP, but let's add another offensive defensemen anyways. We already have 4-5 but who cares. In doing so we now have 2 3rd liners on the top 2 lines and with Kabrele's contract carrying over 2 more season we will weaken our chances of getting more capable top 2 liners. Yes this all makes sense can I have a pen please.

HappyHuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 09:58 AM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHuman View Post
Real Pittsburgh Thoughts: We are short on top 2 line wingers so let's trade one of ours. Whitney and Gonchar are coming back this season so we don't need another offensive defensemen and Whitney is more than capable of playing the other point on the PP, but let's add another offensive defensemen anyways. We already have 4-5 but who cares. In doing so we now have 2 3rd liners on the top 2 lines and with Kabrele's contract carrying over 2 more season we will weaken our chances of getting more capable top 2 liners. Yes this all makes sense can I have a pen please.
You don't understand Kaberle is a two-way monster.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 10:03 AM
HappyHuman

Quote:

I mean, Kaberle will bring in a young up and comer (Staal), a b level prospect (?) and a 1st easily.
Maybe to a team that doesn't already have 4-5 offensive defensemen on it and has some depth on the top line wingers!

Old
10-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Kaberle is the best player the Leafs can offer for Staal. There have been 626474324 proposals involving moving Kaberle for Staal (not to mention just about every other player on the Leafs' roster). All of these proposals have been immediately rejected by Pittsburgh fans.

Here's what I don't get... If the Pens' fan base doesn't want the Leafs most valuable trade commodity for Staal, and its pretty clear they don't, why on earth would anyone in their right mind concoct another proposal between these two franchises?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting different results. I should know...I am insane, afterall.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 10:09 AM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

Quote:
Yeah but the Pens are less eager to part with Staal...especially if it garners such a meager return.

This is where you tell me how overrated Staal is and how great Kubina and Tlusty are then I question why you want such an overrated player like Staal...sorry...I'm just trying to speed up the process of this thread dying...

IHWR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 10:15 AM
goliath5151

Steen is worthless.
This is easily one o the worst Kaberle-Staal threads ive ever seen.

PITTSBURGH is not desperate for Kaberle, thus there is ZERO chance they will overpay for him. We have defensive depth to deal with the Gonchar and Whitney injuries. And im saying that with no disrespect for Kaberle's talent. Shero is simply not going to mortgage the future for Kaberle. Not to mention this trade doesnt actually help us since we lose 2 roster players for 1 (Steen is pure garbage) and what we really need is a young top 6 winger.

Last edited by goliath5151: 10-02-2008 at 10:20 AM.
goliath5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Fabs

Can't believe folks still fall for this nonsense.

Fabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 10:38 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan99ss View Post
kaberle
steen

staal
orpik
1st rounder

TOR thoughts:
I think Penguins giving up a 1st rounder is a little steep. Change it to a 2nd rounder and I call that a fair deal.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 10:51 AM
HappyHuman

Can any of you leafs fans that keep making these deal up or anyone that agrees with them explain to why you don't understand that the Penguins don't need a defenseman. Period. And why you don't understand that trading Staal for Kaberle just creates another hole and takes away from the little cap room that they already don't have.

Please someone answer this post.