HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ben Maxwell

Old
10-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Dayne

vCash: 500
Ben Maxwell

Hi all, wanted to know if you think Ben Maxwell will get a call up this season . i don't really know how he played in camp. thanks

Dayne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Doubtful. Plekanec, Koivu, and Lang are our offensive centers, with Lapierre on the fourth. If one goes down, Chipchura would be next in line.

That said, Maxwell had a pretty good camp and seems to be having a good start in Hamilton. He should have a chance to earn a spot next year with both Lang and Koivu being UFA's at season's end. We'll see how the rest of this season goes.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 08:21 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
I can see a line made up of Georges, maxwell, begin, laps, dandy, kots etc. Chip may be out of the teams plans because of skating. Chip may be only needed next year when the UFAs leave as filler or he may be trade bait. Maxwell is ready for PK and pp time already if he plays hard with confidence. He is sooooo smart and patient.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 08:27 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
I was pleasantly surprised at how well he played at this years training camp. But I think due to the numbers game, it's unlikely that we'll see him with the Habs this year for more than a few games.

Habs10Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 08:32 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
While not playing the same style, with the depth that we have, Chipchura will be called up before Max will. Adaptation is needed for BenMax where the AHL is tougher and he can't be too much of a perimeter player. Was showing during preseason that he was willing to drive the net from time to time. Now he needs to do it in more of a consistent basis and be prepare to be hit often to make a play.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 08:33 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I was pleasantly surprised at how well he played at this years training camp. But I think due to the numbers game, it's unlikely that we'll see him with the Habs this year for more than a few games.
So your answer to the OP is yes!
I think he will get a call up, even if it is late in the year to give someone (Lang and or Koivu) a rest before the playoffs. Of course that is dependent on the Canadiens having another successful regular season and clinching a playoff spot early.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote