HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Mega-Jumbotron

Old
09-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Crusher20

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
now.. that is big.. still cant figure out the way its suppose to be installed.. is there more components to be added or is it all... its seem somewhat.. strange.. there most be something else, or the square part will go abve the 4 screens.. i dont know.. cant wait to see the final result, hopefully we manage to rival the new leafs scoreboard.. altough i know i prefer to have a better team... than scoreboard..

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 10:57 AM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
now.. that is big.. still cant figure out the way its suppose to be installed.. is there more components to be added or is it all... its seem somewhat.. strange.. there most be something else, or the square part will go abve the 4 screens.. i dont know.. cant wait to see the final result, hopefully we manage to rival the new leafs scoreboard.. altough i know i prefer to have a better team... than scoreboard..
I've heard that their scoreboard doesn't go past two on the home score....0, 1 and 2 are the only options on it.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2008, 07:03 PM
chitownhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
lol who cares? It's not like you go to watch the Jumbotron. How about investing in some thinner/stronger netting to impede viewing from the ends a bit less.
Along those lines, I am under the impression, having read it somewhere, that a few NHL teams have the netting coloured white which blends in with the ice colour and is less distracting for the fans in those sections that have to watch the game through the netting.

I would like to be able to see that done and observe if it is true. If so, that would be an upgrade.

chitownhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 10:58 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownhabsfan View Post
Along those lines, I am under the impression, having read it somewhere, that a few NHL teams have the netting coloured white which blends in with the ice colour and is less distracting for the fans in those sections that have to watch the game through the netting.

I would like to be able to see that done and observe if it is true. If so, that would be an upgrade.

but it sucks when you watch the players...you can't see any details, and you can't even see their numbers...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
They should sell seats inside and make it like a glass bottom boat.
That would be mental. I've always wanted to see a game from that spot.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 02:38 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
That would be mental. I've always wanted to see a game from that spot.
Would be so cool eh.
lie on your belly or have seats that rotate so you can keep up with play.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 02:40 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
Quote:
Would be so cool eh.
lie on your belly or have seats that rotate so you can keep up with play.
lol, people would have to go to their seats like 2 hours prior to puck drop and wouldnt be able to leave untill the end of the game...how else would they get there?

I wouldnt mind seeing a game from above like that.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Ghost of Saku

With all the computer geeks hanging out on the boards why hasn't anyone taken Le Tricolore's picture of the jumbotron frame and created artist renditions?

Come on guys, you're slippin... slippin bad...

Ghost of Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 06:40 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisaurus View Post
With all the computer geeks hanging out on the boards why hasn't anyone taken Le Tricolore's picture of the jumbotron frame and created artist renditions?

Come on guys, you're slippin... slippin bad...
It's cool. Don't get me wrong I love techie ****, but when it comes to anything involving hockey, if it doesn't help the Habs win then I couldn't care less.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
It's cool. Don't get me wrong I love techie ****, but when it comes to anything involving hockey, if it doesn't help the Habs win then I couldn't care less.
Bring a laser light with you the next time

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 09:44 AM
JMMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
lol, people would have to go to their seats like 2 hours prior to puck drop and wouldnt be able to leave untill the end of the game...how else would they get there?

I wouldnt mind seeing a game from above like that.
You can get in and out, there is a cat walk.

Old
09-15-2008, 10:51 PM
Artyukhin*

$7.8 million for new scoreboard ," Fans we stink but look at our new Scoreboard?"

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hoc...43791-sun.html

After three years out of the playoffs, the Maple Leafs can safely say they'll look much better on the scoreboard in 2008-09.

That's what $7.8 million buys -- a new multi-screen HD video system and state-of-the-art control room.

On the same day general manager Cliff Fletcher advised that his rebuilt team might wallow in the standings for another year or two, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment Ltd., was confident in calling its new audio/visual toy the best of the 30 NHL rinks.

Bob Hunter, executive vice-president of Venues and Entertainment, said updating of the board and the planned expansion of the Air Canada Centre next year is part of the company's off-ice plan to win back disgruntled supporters. MLSEL has research showing fewer people listed themselves as hardcore Leafs backers the past couple of years and the company is aware that the changing demographics in the GTA show a decline in amateur hockey registration.

"This is like an IOU for the fans in our books," Hunter said. "It's like us trying to keep up with the Joneses in the league."

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2008, 11:31 PM
JMMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hoc...43791-sun.html

After three years out of the playoffs, the Maple Leafs can safely say they'll look much better on the scoreboard in 2008-09.

That's what $7.8 million buys -- a new multi-screen HD video system and state-of-the-art control room.

On the same day general manager Cliff Fletcher advised that his rebuilt team might wallow in the standings for another year or two, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment Ltd., was confident in calling its new audio/visual toy the best of the 30 NHL rinks.

Bob Hunter, executive vice-president of Venues and Entertainment, said updating of the board and the planned expansion of the Air Canada Centre next year is part of the company's off-ice plan to win back disgruntled supporters. MLSEL has research showing fewer people listed themselves as hardcore Leafs backers the past couple of years and the company is aware that the changing demographics in the GTA show a decline in amateur hockey registration.

"This is like an IOU for the fans in our books," Hunter said. "It's like us trying to keep up with the Joneses in the league."
That is for the Raptors.
If they wanted to help the Leafs that money would have been spent on the scouting department.

Finger

Old
09-20-2008, 12:21 PM
Crusher20

no more juicy pictures?

Old
09-20-2008, 12:27 PM
SOLR

Quote:
You can get in and out, there is a cat walk.

...electro beats time!

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I've seen the new jumbotron while at the Bell Center for the filming of the Habs movie. This is just the bottom part. It's square in shape with 4 HUGE HD screens. It's not as flashy and impressive as the Preds' one but it's a big improvement. They were showing highlights from last season on it and the images looked crystal clear. The bottom, what we see in the picture is probably smaller screens, I haven't seen them working. And then at the bottom you got the big circle with ''Centre Bell'' on it facing the ice, like the Air Canada symbol at the ACC.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 01:26 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Jumbotron? Latendron.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 02:04 PM
Crusher20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akost View Post
I've seen the new jumbotron while at the Bell Center for the filming of the Habs movie. This is just the bottom part. It's square in shape with 4 HUGE HD screens. It's not as flashy and impressive as the Preds' one but it's a big improvement. They were showing highlights from last season on it and the images looked crystal clear. The bottom, what we see in the picture is probably smaller screens, I haven't seen them working. And then at the bottom you got the big circle with ''Centre Bell'' on it facing the ice, like the Air Canada symbol at the ACC.
Thanks, interesting to know.. wich one would be the closer in terms of looks..??

Old
09-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
Thanks, interesting to know.. wich one would be the closer in terms of looks..??
Probably something like that:

Just imagine it with straight edges instead of round corners and the bottom from Le Tricolore's picture. I think the screens might be bigger as well, it's hard to judge with that photo and I don't remember exactly what the new jumbotron at the Bell Center looks like. But it's similar to that one.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Crusher20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akost View Post
Probably something like that:

Just imagine it with straight edges instead of round corners and the bottom from Le Tricolore's picture. I think the screens might be bigger as well, it's hard to judge with that photo and I don't remember exactly what the new jumbotron at the Bell Center looks like. But it's similar to that one.
mmmkay.. weird a bit.. hopefully the final looks is great.

Old
09-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25

so does anyone have an actual pic of the completed jumbotron? (or is it still being built?)

Habs4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe View Post
so does anyone have an actual pic of the completed jumbotron? (or is it still being built?)
I was wondering the same.
If not I am sure we will get to see it by the end of this week when some guys from here go to a pre season game.

If not im going next wednesday against boston and i will take the picture

Old
09-24-2008, 11:55 AM
D3nZ

Well we will know what it looks like later today when they announce the events related to the centennial. Apparently the announcements will be made on the ice, the new jumbotron has been lowered down and there are tables on the carpeted ice surface.

D3nZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3nZ View Post
Well we will know what it looks like later today when they announce the events related to the centennial. Apparently the announcements will be made on the ice, the new jumbotron has been lowered down and there are tables on the carpeted ice surface.
Hopefully, if it's made centre ice, the jumbotron will be perfectly attached to the roof

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 12:18 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3nZ View Post
what time are these announcements?