HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oct 4th - Montreal Canadiens vs Minnesota Wild - [19h00] - CKAC, CJAD, RDS

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
In my opinion hes a better player... Lapierre runs around more, gets himself out of position. I've also never, ever seen him pass on a 2 on 1, he always shoots in the goalie's chest.
If I had to choose one of the two to play on my team tomorrow I'd choose Kostopolous. Lapierre has more potential, but right now IMO, Kosto is a better player today.
So true...

Old
10-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Evil Ted

The sky is falling.

Quote:
In my opinion hes a better player... Lapierre runs around more, gets himself out of position. I've also never, ever seen him pass on a 2 on 1, he always shoots in the goalie's chest.
This is a skill Begin taught him.

Old
10-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
So this was my first game since last year. I had to catch up on a heck of a lot of school work today but I saved a few hours for this.

I'm always impressed at how every year, the NHL gets faster, or more precisely, the Habs.

First game I've seen Latendresse v2 and he's definitely improved his skating. He was looking comfortable out there and I like that line with Lang and Kostitsyn. All three have good shots and can pass. They'll get into trouble sometimes, but they'll also be able to change the pace of a game. I don't know why people are ragging on Sergei, he was fine and don't know what more to expect of him in preseason with the minutes he had.

Lapierre's another guy who was fine also. Did his job, was a pest, crashed the net, skating hard, that's pretty much how he's always been.

I also like where the Tanguay-Koivu-Higgins line is going. I was eager to see Tanguay and I'm not disapointed. Three very smart players together and they make interesting plays. Koivu had jump.

I don't know what Andrei Kostitsyns been eating but damn, he's poised for one hell of a season. Looks bigger, faster, stronger and more talented than ever. His skating is a thing of beauty, hopefully he plays like this during the year. Was the most explosive forward with Gaborik imo. Loved seeing him and my favorite D in the league Brent Burns on the ice, both from the absolutely amazing 2003 draft class. One could win a Norris, the other could be a top 10-15 scorer.

Weber is impressive to say the least, he's going to be better than Streit. I think he could already play on the PP regularly, a regular shift though I'm not too sure.

Habs got a great team this year.

EDIT:
I don't know how you can be so sunny after such a horribly flat effort and game but kudos to you!!

Old
10-04-2008, 09:44 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
If I'm Gainey, Chipchura is on my team and Lapierre only gets to play wing with Laraque if he learns to agitate again.

Old
10-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Uber Coca

Quote:

If I had to choose one of the two to play on my team tomorrow I'd choose Kostopolous. Lapierre has more potential, but right now IMO, Kosto is a better player today.
I do think that Kostopoulos has more offensive instinct than Lapierre. Max was just brutal tonight in shooting from the sides and never passing. But in the end, I think Lapierre will be the better player ; he's faster and he's more of a pest.

Old
10-04-2008, 09:46 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Gorges looks improved...

Old
10-04-2008, 09:48 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
And what does that accomplish? Lats has been playing good. So now it would be lats in the pressbox? Dreadfull asset management.
Oh heaven forbid, this little experiment finally ends. If your rookies are ready for the bigs you give them the experience, you don't let them sit down in the minors while you have floaters taking up spots.

But then again who am I to disagree with your genious? Why dont you take you 22k worth of posts and apply in Gaineys office? You are so much smarter.

Old
10-04-2008, 09:50 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
hahaha
I haven't told my philosophy on life.

"I like my chips all dressed and my chicks undressed."

Old
10-04-2008, 09:51 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I haven't told my philosophy on life.

"I like my chips all dressed and my chicks undressed."
Really dude, you should start writting a book with all your little thoughts in it. I'd buy it for sure

Old
10-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
I do think that Kostopoulos has more offensive instinct than Lapierre. Max was just brutal tonight in shooting from the sides and never passing. But in the end, I think Lapierre will be the better player ; he's faster and he's more of a pest.
Down the road, yeah Lappy has the potential to be better... but right now i give the nod to Kosto.

Brings more to the PK too IMO.

Old
10-04-2008, 09:52 PM
la25ecoupe

I can feel for the guys that went to the Bell... Specially those who paid 200$.

Is this a sign from God that without our rookies, we'll be a crappy team?

Old
10-04-2008, 09:53 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
Really dude, you should start writting a book with all your little thoughts in it. I'd buy it for sure
I'm avoiding the mental hospital, if I publish a book of my craziness there's no way I'd enlighten you guys with my insightful posts with my arms all twist-turned in a straight jacket.

Old
10-04-2008, 09:53 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
The only thing I got out of this game is that I finally realised how worthless Dandy is on D.

Ive always tried to give him the benefit of doubt, but man...so much energy, yet so little hockey sense.

Old
10-04-2008, 09:55 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
The only thing I got out of this game is that I finally realised how worthless Dandy is on D.

Ive always tried to give him the benefit of doubt, but man...so much energy, yet so little hockey sense.
What about Brisebois?

Atrocious, it was painful to watch.

Old
10-04-2008, 09:55 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
I'm avoiding the mental hospital, if I publish a book of my craziness there's no way I'd enlighten you guys with my insightful posts with my arms all twist-turned in a straight jacket.

Old
10-04-2008, 09:57 PM
la25ecoupe

Chipchura is staying!!!

Old
10-04-2008, 09:59 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
What about Brisebois?

Atrocious, it was painful to watch.
Ive reached my wits end with Dandenault...

I have yet to reach the breaking point with Breeze so Im willing to chalk it up to him being rusty.

Ask me again in a couple months

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
Chipchura is staying!!!
Good for him!!!

But does that mean someone goes?

Old
10-04-2008, 10:00 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Chipchura is staying!!!
But Weber is leaving for Hamilton, safe decisions all in all.

Old
Delat

It may sound funny, but I saw some nice flashes tonight and that tells me this team is the real deal. They didn't push it hard tonight and I think that when the season starts they'll be ready.

Old
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
I don't know how you can be so sunny after such a horribly flat effort and game but kudos to you!!
Hey I watched through the Habs dark years and the Michel Therrien years where the they'd get dominated 40-20 in shots and bring literally 0 intensity each and every game. This is like a stanley cup in comparison. Habs fans have been spoiled lately, they don't really know what a "flat" team is anymore.

Old
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Chipchura is staying!!!
Source?

And can I get a source on Georges as the captain of Kelowna?

(Captained Gaborik's ass tonight. Gaborik was only visible when Georges wasn't there..)

Old
10-04-2008, 10:01 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
Hey I watched through the Habs dark years and the Michel Therrien years where the they'd get dominated 40-20 in shots and bring literally 0 intensity each and every game. This is like a stanley cup in comparison. Habs fans have been spoiled lately, they don't really know what a "flat" team is anymore.
Ugh...the thought of those teams made me cringe

Old
10-04-2008, 10:02 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Chips stays... good for him...

Where will he play though? Looking forward to it...

Old
10-04-2008, 10:04 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
We need someone to complain about Latendresse...

At this point, Latendresse is higher than Higgins (and SKost). From what I have seen, I see Lats having a better season than Higgy.

Did anyone saw the defensive game of Lats or am I the only seeing this.
Today Lats was top-4 among wingers to say the least.

One thing for sure, the way Koivu, Higgins and Tanguay are playing right now... Let's hope they will find their mark but for now....
Tanguay was the best among them.

Webber, well I am seing him playing a very good game. Another young guy ready to play NHL for sure. No defensive errors tonight and we all saw his offense.

Season is long, let's get these guys (Webber and MaxPac) ready for playoffs. AHL then NHL is their path.
I wasn't very impressed with Guillaume tonight, to be honest.

Old
10-04-2008, 10:05 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
We need someone to complain about Latendresse...

At this point, Latendresse is higher than Higgins (and SKost). From what I have seen, I see Lats having a better season than Higgy.

Did anyone saw the defensive game of Lats or am I the only seeing this.
Today Lats was top-4 among wingers to say the least.

One thing for sure, the way Koivu, Higgins and Tanguay are playing right now... Let's hope they will find their mark but for now....
Tanguay was the best among them.

Webber, well I am seing him playing a very good game. Another young guy ready to play NHL for sure. No defensive errors tonight and we all saw his offense.

Season is long, let's get these guys (Webber and MaxPac) ready for playoffs. AHL then NHL is their path.

Pretty much agree everywhere, but as rough as I've been on Higgins in the last months, I'd say that with Higgins, you can't evaluate him on a single game, especially not an exhibition one. He's always kind of having ups and downs. That being said, I really hope he'll get less downs than last year... because he maybe won't get as much time on the ice as last year, and will maybe not have this hot streak in October like in the last 2 years, when he was the first LW.

But sure, Tanguay was the best player on his line, Latendresse is playing MUCH better, and Lang's line is great.

Closed Thread